It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Supreme Court Says Unanimously Your Boss Can Make You Work For Free

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I couldn't agree with you more ! If you absolutely must go to the Big Box stores choose Costco or others like them that treat and pay their employees well !

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I It is also covered in the employee orientation BEFORE you are allowed to work there. It is literally something you sign up for and give Amazon permission to do as a condition or your employment. It is in your contract.

of course it is.
probably in the handbook as well

my place tells people that sometimes OT is mandatory. of course when they sign on to the job, they are all over it.
then, as they start to actually have to do it. its unfair and it sucks and they shouldnt have to do it.

even though it was no secret to them...

this is the same

as curtis blow said, these are the breaks

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

i love the argument about how places dont pay well. places like walmart
well, they dont really. it is equal to skill level i think

i also think that money management is very important, especially if you dont make much.

i was at wal mart a couple days ago and the cashier started telling us about her 4 cats. then she told us she just paid $800 for a main coon kitten.
hahahahahaha

broke and dont make #, but can afford almost a grand for a cat.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
And it seems the people in the high paying professional jobs are the ones committing the big white collar crimes. What a country.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
Was the policy in place bofore the ones complaining about it started employment or after? If it was in place before the start of employment, they knew the job bid when they signed it.

The article doesn't say if they knew before employment, but my guess is that they did...if for no other reason then to "Cover their A$$'s" The main complaint seems to be how long they take and that the Co. seems unwilling to change the procedure in order to lessen the wait time.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The system is always going to support the system. Even when it looks like it isn't.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

a member here said they used to work at one of the warehouses and this was covered before employment was started.
what is the problem then? if it was disclosed and they obviously agreed and took the job

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

now its an unfair working condition?
should the company pay them for the time it takes then to drive to and from as well?

No, of course not, they are hourly employees. Salary employees however are paid for driving to work, often times in Co. cars. They are paid by the hour much lower wages and should be paid for the time they spend at work IMO.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

well you are entitled to your opinion but apparently the law does not agree.
i am not the law and i dont agree either

employees should(and do) pay their employees for time spent working.
a lot of places have you clock out for lunch too. should everyone be paid for lunch as well?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i do not support privitization.

And i'm not to keen on working for something just to make them profit.

Not how i roll. I don't see myself as a slave and i for sure don't think my own peronal time is worth any less than i think i deserve to be paid.

Oh what's that? You want me to clean toilets? I expect to be paid over 20$ an hour because im not touching any crapper unless i get compensated appropriately. Of course not everyone in this world can maintain this kind of procreative protesting because to many people out there rely on cash to survive.

I however still live with my family because living out on my own is much to expensive and even degrading.

I'm slaving a 9-5 just to have a roof over my head with the mare minimums and 0 free time.

That's defenantly slavery and i don't condone such actions.

The rest of you who are forced to slave for these assholes profits can work yourself to Death. I however know my breaths are numbers and am going to enjoy it the best i possibly can.
edit on 13-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So to all the people who think this ok huh?
Well it's 25 hours per year them employees have to give up out of their own life for amazons non trust of it's employees.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
nope no way negatory.
It's time to exchange recipe Ideas for roasted
Judge and CEO stew .

It's a Supreme Judge, so you''ll need a good wine.
If you said anything but fine Red or Port ,
I will have to graciously disagree.
CEO stew on the other hand
is decidedly more of a run of the mill fare,
and my thoughts are Amazon CEO stew will go perfectly
on a cold day with a spiced cider. But make it your own
and remember to have fun with it.

This is the way I'm going to respond to every gross overreach that
our corporate overlords and their government minions attempt.

LOL......I've heard Politicians are particularly tasty having marinated in so much Pork Barrel Fat !

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Well it's 25 hours per year them employees have to give up out of their own life for amazons non trust of it's employees.

It keeps costs down to customers by controlling the kleptomaniacs who would otherwise walk off with stuff.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I'd rather just devour their soul. That way i can live longer (Well not in this life) but the next

Chronos is hungry.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The cause of the searches are the thieves. They are responsible and the true villain in this story.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

no. they dont have to.
they can work somewhere else. they choose to
and, blame all the employees that steal #.
theyre fault.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

My stance is that anyone who shows up somewhere everyday to labor for a collective value should accrue collective ownership. This idea of renting people by the hour still seems like just another form of peasantry to me. At least slaves can expect to be clothed, fed and sheltered by their masters. Our modern workers have no such guarantees.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
At least slaves can expect to be clothed, fed and sheltered by their masters. Our modern workers have no such guarantees.

yeah, rags to wear, slop to eat, and a shack to crash in is much better than getting paid

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

i love the argument about how places dont pay well. places like walmart
well, they dont really. it is equal to skill level i think

i also think that money management is very important, especially if you dont make much.

i was at wal mart a couple days ago and the cashier started telling us about her 4 cats. then she told us she just paid $800 for a main coon kitten.
hahahahahaha

broke and dont make #, but can afford almost a grand for a cat.

LOL...well that does seem pretty "nutty" , but who knows her situation, maybe she works to support her cats ?? I personally think she should have adopted a kitten from the shelter !

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

yeah, i know.
she could be rich and only works there cause she is bored but i doubt it
i just thought it was pretty redonk that someone who works at walmart can spend 800 bones on a cat

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join