It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caliber Wars: What is the Truth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf

The idea that 5.56 is designed to wound is nased on Cold War teachings from people who didn't know why it was adopted but didn't want to look like they didn't know. It has since been taken at face value by many and passed on as fact.

It's one of those lies that was repeated so many times, it became accepted as truth.

The 5.56 is devastating against soft tissue just like all high-velocity cartridges.

posted on Apr, 25 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I've even heard the argument distiller down with info about how many men a wounded man takes out of the fight and screaming hurts moral and blah blah blah a 223 will explode the bejesus out of some organs and bones if it thwacks something.. To bad military can't use hollow points or ballistic tips it would drastically increase the effectiveness but .223 kills very well.

Ive even been looking into an AR chambered in 22-250 or .17 Remington (if I can find it) for the extra zip. I understand the logic behind the smaller faster rounds now and there's no reason to to wreck your shoulder unless your really trying to fling one out there over 400meters or so.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Honestly it's really about how well you can use it in a situation. Target practice is a FFA. Whatever you like really. For self defense I'd say something you are comfortable with. if you look at the shooting statistics for self defense firearm situations the hit ratio if really low. Again I'd use something that goes bang every time, is easy to aim, doesn't jam and is comfortable for you to have around. Personally I don't want to get shot with anything.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join