It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Silver Containers a Solution for Raw Milk Problems?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

The main problem with Pasteurisation, is that it renders organic calcium into inorganic. In the denatured state it just starts to clog up the human circulation system. Then the lactic acid acidifies the blood, the next thing is, the organic calcium from our bones is used to bring the PH. into balance, hey presto bone loss.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I have already done the test. I bought organic milk and tried this test. My logic was that if this milk is organic then I can make yogurt from it, well turns out you can't, probably for the reasons you stated.

I love sour milk, you can make yogurt or cheese from it with strainers.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I drink lots and lots of raw milk for years, Ive never gotten sick. I cant help to think though, what if there was a sick cow in the bunch? Would that make me sick? The silver is a good idea but I have no clue if it would kill pathogens, maybe? The silver kills other stuff.
edit on 14-12-2014 by center because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

The main problem with Pasteurisation, is that it renders organic calcium into inorganic. In the denatured state it just starts to clog up the human circulation system. Then the lactic acid acidifies the blood, the next thing is, the organic calcium from our bones is used to bring the PH. into balance, hey presto bone loss.

In what way does it render the calcium in milk inorganic to heat the milk to 72C? Details, please, and from a real source, not 'saveourbones' or PETA.

You make lactic acid all the time in your cells, btw. Your red blood cells constantly produce lactate, as do your muscles, if you exercise. It's a normal part of eukaryotic metabolism.

In what form, btw, do you envision it "clogging up our bloodstream"? That one is wonderful.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
a reply to: deadeyedick

First let me state that I have been drinking raw milk and using other raw milk product for about 7 years without any problem and feel it has solved a number of long standing problems I had.

I don't have an opinion about 'silver' for containing milk and have never heard of it as prefered before this post. Cleanliness and good handling proceedures are key throughout the delivery chain. (I'm in LA - my raw milk comes from the Fresno area and I trust them).

Patuerization was designed to allow milk to get to the consumer in big cities without causing disease (from farms of various qualities and questionable transportation pactises).

People get sick from various food items all the time (food poisoning is ubiquitus) and it sounds like the team members that got sick did so because of something in the food and officials say it is the milk and it very well could have been. At a 'home-catered' event - food poisoning happens more often then we want to hear about - but when raw milk is involved we hear about every case. Something to do with Big Agri lobbying (know they have been doing everything they can to shut down raw milk in California for years).

Lots of other 'food products' kill people on a regular basis or contibute to degraded health and there is no clammer to ban them.

I think people have the right to eat what they want and have the right to know what they are eating.

I find this ongoing battle against 'food freedom' and 'small independent farmers' in the name of 'food safety' to be highly disingenuous at best and a danger to public health at worst.

I've yet to hear of a single death from raw milk in the last twenty years in the US. Other countries use raw milk all the time.

Pasturization covers up bad milk and dairy products and practises - it doesn't serve public health.

Well if you have some pure silver around you could do a side by side test to see if i am blowing smoke here.

I would say to use two like glasses with equal milk in them and put the silver in one glass.

Then watch the decay rates.

However i can't really say if results will differ from store bought milk vs pure untouched milk.

My knowledge comes from untouched milk. Meaning milk not heated at all but it should work the same however perhaps some part of raw milk used when silver is added to keep fresh is also killed when heated.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Please tell me you're not one of those people that believe that every food is magically endowed with the enzymes to digest it. You DO know that an enzyme is a protein, and your digestive system will denature it? And how would the poor creature know what sort of enzymes the consuming creature would need?

It's a meme from the crankier side of nutrition memes, to be sure.

While this article is about Human Milk, the effect of pastuerization on the enzymes is clear and would certainly be true for cows milk as well:

Milk lipases are completely destroyed by pasteurization, whereas amylase lost only 15% of initial activity. Thus, certain bioactive components are stable to pasteurization of donor milk and can benefit the recipient infants. (J Pediatr 1998;132:876-8)

www.jpeds.com...(98)70323-3/abstract?cc=y

Granted this addresses only two enzymes - one completely destroyed and the other losing 15% of it's activity, it is indicative of a degraded food.

And these folks are all about pastuerization. Human Milk pastuerization - EWWWWWW
edit on 14-12-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

While this article is about Human Milk, the effect of pastuerization on the enzymes is clear and would certainly be true for cows milk as well...

Good news! As an adult, you produce PLENTY of lipase and amylase. Moreover, since you also produce any number of protein degrading enzymes in your stomach and intestines, the milk amylase and lipase wouldn't have survived past the duodenum at any rate.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: anonentity

In what way does it render the calcium in milk inorganic to heat the milk to 72C? Details, please, and from a real source, not 'saveourbones' or PETA.

You make lactic acid all the time in your cells, btw. Your red blood cells constantly produce lactate, as do your muscles, if you exercise. It's a normal part of eukaryotic metabolism.

In what form, btw, do you envision it "clogging up our bloodstream"? That one is wonderful.

Last night on the news, it was suddenly revelled that the Dairy farmers were in exceptionally poor health, in what should be a nice healthy active outdoors type of job. Well to my mind they had plenty of activity, and exercise throughout their working day. Their problems were quoted as being overweight, and at risk of heart disease. But shock horror, I bet they consume their own free milk with just about everything.

www.realmilk.com... Sorry I cant seem to get the second one to work...However I think you have got to be careful on who is quoting what, as a lot of companies have laboratory's which will tell the bosses what they want to hear .They will change the chemist if he/she is a bit of a stirrer. If a University is funded from a Dairy giant, all results will comply to keep the funding going. I know for a fact this is the case. This is just part of the world we live in. www.drweil.com... Any deaths from consumption are collateral damage. I cant be bothered harping on anymore. The informed will live longer, and healthier, but in the end its personal choice.

y]edit on 14-12-2014 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2014 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

When I was a kid and we had cows, I used to drink raw goat and cow milk all the time. I just don't think it's a magic potion that's destroyed by evil food Nazis bent on domination by degrading organic calcium.

Your link, it goes nowhere. However, that's one of those sites I'd categorize as being somewhat less dependable than, say, Lancet or the European Journal of Organic Chemistry.
edit on 14-12-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join