It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warren or Sanders for Pres?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: AgentShillington

Not so much...
Open Secrets

That's funny, Sanders rakes in millions from unions and its "not so much". Ted Cruz gets a 10k campaign contribution from Comcast and its "he's bought and paid for by the telecom industry". Go figure.

edit on 13-12-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
a reply to: the owlbear

So now he is going to take money out of the mouths of poor folk just trying to make some cash serving the elite a 1,000 dollar plate of food?

Jeebus 2016

I just passed him.
I asked if he thought about running for president. He told me he already is the president. And the Pope. Sigh. I had such hopes for Jeebus.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

a reply to: AgentShillington

Not so much...
Open Secrets

That's funny, Sanders rakes in millions from unions and its "not so much". Ted Cruz gets a 10k campaign contribution from Comcast and its "he's bought and paid for by the telecom industry". Go figure.

Ted Cruz is less of a citizen than Obama.
you wanna open that can of worms?
Half-Cuban/Canadian born in Canada...

Mom is his only connection to the U.S.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Like we have a say...

Clinton vs Bush

It is kind of cute seeing people who still believe the people's voice matters.

🏆

edit on 13-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Like we have a say...

Clinton vs Bush

It is kind of cute seeing people who still believe the people's voice still matters.

You're always the big toe, Sgt. Hulka.
seriously, you make sense here. Prefab presidents and crazy congresses between. I'm seriously considering moving to Iceland. But the would be Mrs. Owlbear isn't too keen on all of the hydrothermic wonders.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Believe? Only if we fight for it.

Kinda sad to see how many have given up.

ETA: There have been many times throughout history when all hope seemed lost on various fronts. Slaves never thought they would be free. Some Native Americans thought they would be entirely exterminated, same with the peoples of Jewish faith. Women and black people thought they'd never vote. While those victories and many more came with heavy casualties, they were victories.
edit on 12/13/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

What scares me; is the possibility of Hillary Clinton having Elizabeth Warren as her running mate.

I would love to see a Sanders - Warren run; it would be nice to see spending cuts in war, corporate welfare and private prisons.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

My respect for Warren would evaporate if she ran with Hillary. I think a loud message has been sent by the Left of far Right... they don't want Hillary but if she's the only one, she'll win.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well, the "Money Men" in the GOP have spoken.

They said only three have a chance to win: Christie, Romney, Bush.

Since Romney's not running. Christie has little to no chance.

So this would be a perfect opportunity to expand the Party.

Um, they don't care what you think.

Bush has a Hispanic wife. Are they that transparent....Yes

The GOP doesn't believe in Primary's....The hold Big Money Coronations.
edit on 13-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: I'm kind of ...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I'm gonna go with Bernie.

Elizabeth Warren On the Issues
Bernie Sanders on the Issues
Actually a person I can bear to respond to...

I think this is a good time for a coalition party a la Ralph Naders ("Unstoppable" The Emerging Left-Right Alliance to Dismantle the Corporate State - www.amazon.com... - for reviews only) idea of Left and Right coming together on certain issues for the benefit of the whole country.

There is much quiet movement in this direction - even the last time Dennis Kucinich ran in the Dem Primaries he talked about ideas he liked of Ron Pauls.

There is a growing segment of seasoned political people who are disgusted with the status quo and need a new home and this could be the time. Sanders and Warren are among them.

I think both would be good presidents if they were able to bring in new people to the administration (Obama has had a terrible time getting many of his opportments ratified so many important positions remain vacant).

Sanders has the savvy and the pragmatic experience to get things done. Warren needs more experience with 'the system' and is a bit too Macro to be a true poplulist, IMO.

Honestly I can't think of anyone better for the job - from a populist perspective - a consumer perspective - then Ralph Nader.

I'd like to see Dennis Kucinich back in the public debate as well. I'd like to see real libertarians in the mix as well.

We need a national 'working families party'.

The only other option I see is to do away with political parties all together.

Either way untill elections at all levels are completely publicly funded - no private/corporate money whatsoever - we will not see any helpful chance for working people.
edit on 13-12-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

My respect for Warren would evaporate if she ran with Hillary. I think a loud message has been sent by the Left of far Right... they don't want Hillary but if she's the only one, she'll win.

Warren has quite a following and seems to be a rising star, I can just see Hillary and the corporate dem's trying to harness those votes. No matter who they run with Hillary she will not get my vote. I am a liberal, but I find most dems are not liberals but just corporate owned politicians.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Agreed. I will not vote for Hillary either.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Warren and Sanders is EXACTLY what's sitting in the oval office now.

More of the same failed leftist ideology.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yeah? Maybe you can give us some details as to how they are, rather than just saying leftist? Obama is further right than Reagan.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ok, my thoughts....

Our government was set up to not rely on one person to change things, unlike the monarchy from which they had split. Movements to change things in favor of the 99% must be outside of government, pushing those we elect to change.

The “Silent Majority” who relied on one person for change in 1980, ushered in a decades long era where the push for change would take place within politics. Unlike the noisy activism of the 1960s and 1970s outside of government, “real American”/Christian activism was going to be clean, neat, and tidy. Elect moral men to lead the country, submit to govt as the Bible said to do (don’t question those you elect) and all would be well. What these good citizens got in return, unfortunately, was a government left open to corporate takeover. Corporate money was increasingly thrown at politicians, especially those who espoused a belief that corporations knew best and govt had to get out of their way.

It is unfortunate that the Tea Party Movement became subsumed into a political party. What started out as a movement against bailouts turned into a movement of moneymaking enterprises and directed by corporate shills and by politicians on whom corporations would rain down money for further elections and favors for when their terms were up.

No, people like Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders should not be elected POTUS, with the expectations that they will save us, but, instead, citizens need to heed what they have to say and demand it of the politicians they do elect. If the congressperson you elected did not join in with those that crossed the aisle to vote no on the bank bailout in the budget, then ask why. Question authority. (and if their answer sounds like it was crafted by a corporate lobbyist, tell him/her to go back and try harder)

What would be extremely helpful to the country is if these two are on the campaign trail and part of a Presidential debate, where voters could be exposed to their ideas. (Bernie would throw his hat in if only to have a national audience for his ideas.)

Six areas where your elected leaders can and need to join together….

The 6 Principles of the New Populism (and the Establishment’s Nightmare)

It took decades to get to this point. Change will not happen overnight. If the current corporatism were a disease, it would be more akin to ebola in Africa rather than a common American cold. The middle class was caused to hemorrhage its wealth (one of the old definitions of middle class was its ability to save) and was greatly weakened and left to die.

Unless we fight together, we will die together. Since I'm a lot older than most of you young posters and closer to the end of my Life, it's up to you young people to live change and fight for change. I'll be gone, but you'll still be here. You have to decide your future and fight for it. Game over... for the corporatists!
edit on 14-12-2014 by desert because: split last paragraph

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Sure go to youtube and watch every campaign Video by the current potus for the last 7 years.

Warren reads from the SAME SCRIPT.

So does Sanders.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So just hyperbole?
Yeah...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Warren and Sanders is EXACTLY what's sitting in the oval office now.

More of the same failed leftist ideology.

You're just parroting talk radio. Why do you think that, besides that Rush Limbaugh told you to think that.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Truth is that local elections make a big difference. I've run and been elected and made huge differences in local elections.

The same issues are local as in national. It's not parties per say but how people change when they get elected. They turn into bureaucrats, that is to say, they complicate things, enact more laws and ordinances to maintain control...they are afraid to make bold moves, so they pay for studies and table things for later etc. That's what needs to change.

So does that mean we need some military leaders elected? A marine commander with no agenda who will just speak plainly and take bold action? Does that kind of person even exist?

Since we know that local elections have big results and are real. Then it's just a matter of when do elections or our individual votes cease to matter. AT the state level? Can grassroots elect a real senator that's not bought and paid for. Was Obama really elected or was that a conspiracy.. Did Romney or McCain stand a real chance?

I like to think that if say the far left..maybe Sanders ...I think Warren's real but you never know...nader then combine that with libertarian or tea party. At the core the real people supporting them have the same basic agenda. Couldn't we really win? If we stopped listening to talk radio and the news pundits long enough?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Anyone but Bush or Clinton.
edit on 15-12-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join