It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Grabbers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
James, your forgot to mention the mop buckets. More children die by accidentaly drowning in mop buckets then by accidentally getting shot. Oh yeah, and bowling balls, they kill more children every year too.

Sure, as the snivel-liberals always tell us, we don't need guns; that is, of course, unless you count the number of people who would gladly cut your daughters neck for the money in her purse, or those who govern us who would gladly outlaw republics and democracy to stay in power if it wasn't for our guns.

But what do you need a bowling ball for? Recreation you say? Well now, I use my guns for recreation too.

What do you need mop buckets for? Use a swiffer. We don't want to take all your mops, but what purpose do have for a mop bucket in this day and age?

P.S. Yes James, love the signature line. I remember seeing a bumper sticker that said something along the lines of "Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage."

[edit on 7-1-2005 by cavscout]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee

It would mean a criminal couldn't just go into a store and buy a gun.

Where at in America can a criminal walk into a store and buy a gun now?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Uh, why would a criminal buy a gun in a store? Already posted the data from D.C. where, get this, the guns that criminals use aren't bought legally, cause they are CRIMINALS! They don't follow the law, if it was a baseball bat I would beat it into your head(so lets ban baseball bats) that CRIMINALS DON'T FOLLOW THE LAW! So all gun laws are useless, cause only people who follow the law follow gun laws.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Uh, why would a criminal buy a gun in a store?

Thats what always amazed me about them.

Criminals have guns and are killing people so their solution is to take the guns from the innocent people using them to protect themselves and not allow HONEST people to have them. I guess it will cut down on the deaths of murderers and rapists and such and I am sure they will be delighted to see happen....LOL

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Just as a point,
few years back the state of florida passed two laws meant to reduce gun crime whch actually worked.
First they made it easier for a citizen without a criminal record to obtain a Concealed Carry permit.
Second they passed the 10-20-life law.
Have a gun on you while you commit a crime 10 years mandatory
Show a gun (brandishment) in the comission of a crime 20 years mandatory
Use a gun in the comission of a crime life sentance mandatory.
Since then the number of gun owners in florida has increased while the number of gun crimes comitted has decreased.
Amazing idea isnt it. Let anyone who wants one have it and if they misuse it send them to jail.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yes MWM, the Florida thing is very telling. Have you ever looked at who they started killing after the government no longer guaranteed its civilians would be un-armed? They started killing tourists. It was no longer safe to rob a Floridian (is that right?) because so many of them were going armed, but their government still guaranteed that one group of victims would be un-armed; anyone getting off a plane. Remember when it wasn't safe to fly to Florida, especially for a foreign tourist? They would car jack and kill rental car drivers near the airports. As soon as they took the big day-glow rental car stickers off the mirrors and bumpers of these cars, the "Florida tourist murder rampage" went away almost immediately and was never heard from again.

What, with all these states passing semi-acceptable CCW laws, it’s not safe to be a criminal anymore, a guy could shot for the love of God!

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It is insane, isn't it? I already gave an example where a town in georgia made it a crime not to own a gun for protection, and they have a lower crime rate then a town that banned guns.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Speaking of Florida, I heard about that awhile ago. So they changed the plates and stuff on rental cars to protect tourists. How sad is that? I already mentioned it, but the politcal cartoon with two robbers outside a house, one saying how he wished they'd pass that new gun law, cause he didn't feel safe breaking into people's houses anymore.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
Chris McGee, your 10 children a day number is a bold faced lie. They get those types of numbers by including 18 year gangsters shooting each other over drug turf and 19 year old rapists being shot by their victims.

Don't have time now for a more in-depth response, but I'll get you the real numbers soon. In the mean time, could you tell everyone by what percentage the crime rate in your country has dropped with the passage of your victim disarmament laws?

Hey Chris McGee, maybe you couldnt find the numbers that you said made you feel safer, or maybe you just admited we were right, but I went ahead and found those numbers for you. Arent you going to show us why you feel safer?

Newly released statistics reported October 13th show that since the British government passed one of the most stringent gun bans in the world in 1997, Britain's murder rate has risen to its highest level since records began being kept 100 years ago.

The number of murders in the first eight months of this year has risen by as much as 22% in some of Britain's biggest cities, which account for the majority of homicides. This builds on a 4% rise in the murder rate in the year to March and is 20% higher than the total for 1997, the first year of Tony Blair's government and the year that strict new gun bans were imposed. Police say random killings are rising. Official figures show the proportion of murders in which the victim is not known to the killer has nearly doubled in the past decade to 31%. The British Home Office reports that handgun crime is at its highest since 1993, while overall gun crimes have never been higher. Since the draconian 1997 gun ban was passed, criminal misuse of handguns has jumped by 40 percent. As in California, much of the gun violence is related to urban youth gang warfare and the illicit drug trade. But petty criminals are now using guns during common street crime. London has surpassed the crime rate of New York City. Robberies, in which criminals use or threaten violence, have gone up by 35 percent in the past year. In fact, Chris Fox, vice-president of the British Association of Chief Police Officers, said the rising murder rate put Britain out of line with America, where it has fallen 12%, and France and Germany, where it has dropped 29% and 27% respectively since 1995.

www.crpa.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Yes Cavscot I remember the spate of tourist killings quite well. I was raised in florida and lived there (miami) till 02. In fact the local radio station 94.9's morning show "the rock and roll revilie" had an on air personality "omelet" who had a band named "dead german tourists" as a result.
What I dont understand is that everytime in the last 20-30 years they have made gun restrictions tighter crime has gone up and every time they have relaxed gun restrictions crime has gone down and yet some people still think gun control works?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Damn it, this sucks, no real discussion, I was hoping that chris would come back and fight for his stand or something. This is turning into a anti-gay rights topic where you have the same people giving eachother handjobs saying good job, good job, hate those gays. Welll, not that bad, but this is in slug fest and only what? 2 people have thrown a punch against me, mwm, and cav?

While I do like people agreeing with me, it is more fun when you can argue, debate, and discuss with people who have a different veiwpoint.

Anyways....also, again, a state with stricter gun control has a higher rate then a state with lower gun control. And again, Australia bans guns, now banning swords, knives, and machettes cause guess what? No guns people using swords, knives, and machettes to kill. And of course crime rate has gone up. Just like England, and Washington D.C.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Damn it, this sucks, no real discussion, I was hoping that chris would come back and fight for his stand or something. This is turning into a anti-gay rights topic where you have the same people giving eachother handjobs saying good job, good job, hate those gays. Welll, not that bad, but this is in slug fest and only what? 2 people have thrown a punch against me, mwm, and cav?

While I do like people agreeing with me, it is more fun when you can argue, debate, and discuss with people who have a different veiwpoint.

Here, I'll try to make you feel better.

Anyways....also, again, a state with stricter gun control has a higher rate then a state with lower gun control.

Well, you see, they have stiffer gun laws because they already had allot of gun crime! If you gave them more gun rights, only criminals would buy the guns because every one KNOWS that normal people don’t like those gun thingies, only bad people. Besides, haven’t you seen the movies? They kill all kinds of people with them! Jeez, I was this one time where this guy shot like 200 rounds from his revolver! What do you need that for? Only those army guys need that kind of stuff. And OMG do you know what I saw in a magazine the other day? A gun with a KNIFE on it. Can you believe that? I think it is so when they run out of bullets in the gang wars, they can do drive by stabbings! That’s horrible, people shouldn’t have those!

And again, Australia bans guns, now banning swords, knives, and machettes cause guess what? No guns people using swords, knives, and machetes to kill. And of course crime rate has gone up. Just like England, and Washington D.C.
Yeah, but...umm...that’s because...umm...oh, I know! All the robber guys must have gotten mad because they couldn’t get those $600 guns they were using to rob a store for $100 (robber guys cant do math, because we need to spend twice as much on schools as we do now) and so they went on a shooting...errr...I mean stabbing spree.

OH YEAH! And it’s because like a billion people accidentally shoot each other with guns every MONTH!

Oh yeah, and you spelled machete wrong! See, you must have been wrong about everything else

[edit on 19-1-2005 by cavscout]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Thanks Cav, that was great.

Anyways, like the 200rounds out of a revolver. Well, Weird Al made fun of it in his movie where he was playing Rambo, and the enemy fires all these guns, yet never reload... and then with one spray of shots they all dead. Oh well, movies are fake, but some people don't realise that... same with music, or games. Why they ban them to. Doom is evil, it has guns.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Chris, we are all waiting for your reply. And any other Gun Grabbers remarks. It's no fun when everyone agrees with me. Rather argue. Enron, come back. Also, we are not talking about guns, we are talking about the arguement for gun laws/logics of the Gun Grabbers. The mentality that since guns kill ban them, when just about everything else kills more.

Does no one have a defense against this or is this one of those things you can't defend cause the arguements are all bs? Now some, like wtf do you need a tank for? are reasonable, but the ones where they just want to ban guns cause they don't like them make no sense.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Guns are not like cars, cars are used to travel. A baseball bat is used for baseball. Guns are made to shoot things. that is the difference! You shouldn't own a gun, for if there were no guns, then no crime! How can you think a criminal would use a gun if they were banned? England banned them and I bet their crime rate went down.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Come on, thought you wanted someone to discuss with. Guess not.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Uh, England crime rate has gone up.... Sorry, didn't think anyone would post in this, been awhile since I checked.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join