It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome Back!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Very true BB-As I have said before,the bible got it wrong:

The GEEKS shall inherit the Earth.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Very true BB-As I have said before,the bible got it wrong:

The GEEKS shall inherit the Earth.

I think they have.. no one is saying it yet.
Thank god I was the guy that liked everyone and stuck up for my friends..
But on that note..
I can't mention the company that I work for now.. T&C.
It belongs to a long time friend and FX artist here in Pittsburgh... I don't get paid.( I do make up and set builds)
But it was too taken out last night.. along with payment system being compromised...
It's been a headache for my pal.
The shame is.. 6 month ago he contracted a company in L.A. CA to rebuild a new web site.. it cost more than my house!
In the height of Christmas sales too.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Sounds like you are in the thick of it there BB.
I hope your company get themselves back online and better protected fast!

Man,more than a house to fix a website...The world we have made.

Imagine what our ancient ancestors would think of us-they survived the ice age,and we press buttons.
They would not recognize us as their kin.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Sounds like you are in the thick of it there BB.
I hope your company get themselves back online and better protected fast!

Man,more than a house to fix a website...The world we have made.

Imagine what our ancient ancestors would think of us-they survived the ice age,and we press buttons.
They would not recognize us as their kin.

Lol.. no to build a whole new web page for the company. It was the plan 2 years ago. 6 month ago the offer was made.
And the new improved site was running as requested 2 month ago.
A lot of money was dissed out to have it running on time..

Also when I bought this house.. it was not as pricey and classy as some may think.
but minus improvements... still costly.
I have no idea what skeptic and Springer paid to build and maintain ATS...
But if it's the top 10,000 sites in the world... my guess is a sizable Mortgage..

Example is... some of the videos ( not X rated.. but graphic in gore ) on my buddies site are over 12 years old.... so all of that had to be re-written in new code.. I don't know what that would take...
But at some points it cost $200 an hour per multiple employees to redo everything.. plus new server which to be honest is big.. looks like the size of a washing machine or small fridge...
So when combined in total with software and hardware... it was over 80k out the door...
edit on 13-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Also cost of lawyers for copyrights and first page on Google and yahoo.. $$$$$$$

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yeah they mentioned on ATS twitter it would be very expensive to fix and protect ATS after this attack.
Hope they get the money back,I guess the best way to help would be for us the members to make decent threads so they get more ad revenue.

I will try to think one up,I have one idea brewing but it may take a while.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yeah they mentioned on ATS twitter it would be very expensive to fix and protect ATS after this attack.
Hope they get the money back,I guess the best way to help would be for us the members to make decent threads so they get more ad revenue.

I will try to think one up,I have one idea brewing but it may take a while.

Well brew away:-)

The other suggestion I made was a yearly donation drive.. like Wikipedia does.
But in return. ATS would have to reduce the amount of adds the clog up the site.
But I'm sure that would not go over well...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I wouldn't mind slipping a few paypal bucks to ATS for a primo membership thing..nothing major just 10-20$ a year to help with the upkeep,in return for say less ads,or a vote on what changes will be made for the next ATS version.

That would be cool.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hallelujah!!!

I was totally emersed in a story in the short stories forum when it went down. Back to my writing~

And welcome back indeed!

S&F

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I wouldn't mind slipping a few paypal bucks to ATS for a primo membership thing..nothing major just 10-20$ a year to help with the upkeep,in return for say less ads,or a vote on what changes will be made for the next ATS version.

That would be cool.

Sorry stepped away for dinner prepping...
Yes I would pay at this point considering the amount of content that gets brought to here.
And how bad you realise how addicted one might be to ATS even if down for a moment or 2.

What I'm anxious to know if ATS was sought out specifically with copy cats to follow.. they came from the same areas..
But the FX Site and ATS as well as a slew of others got hit..
Or if the Viking was meant to target the most popular sites at the moment?

I should note.... a couple of custom mask and molds from a Troma film were taken over seas to china and had the company names removed. Hence redistributed under a Chinese company.... when we went for damages... the original sites Pay Pal was hit 3 years ago....
That was also part of trying to bring the company into the new era..
So it seems some didn't forget...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I am thinking ATS was not the target,rather a certain internet node/s was the target-inside of which,somewhere was a whole load of bitcoin or credit card info/bank details/military/gov secrets to be snaffled up.
This is the start of the our new world.
Die hard 4 could become a prophetic film.

50 thousand years in the future,the giant insects who survived the apocalypse will teach their young in bug school:

Giant Mantis Teacher:"Why did the two legs die out?"
MIni bug pupils: ++Technolgy Overwhelmness++
"Thats correct,they forgot their roots after the industrial revolution and soon after relied upon virtual systems to do their thinking,they sealed their fate when they attempted to create a global web of virtual consciousness made from all the natural resorces of mother earth,which ultimatley gained sentience and wiped them out.
When all they should have done was right there to learn from the lives of the ancestors."

Mini bug pupils: ++ Well sheeit,at least the downfall of the two legs led to the insect evolution.Praise the insect race,but who built those weird pyramids,and that lake blocker wall?++

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Did it just happen again?

I don't know about the pyramids....
But if the beaver is still around...
They might assume a very advanced race of beaver built the lake wall thing...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm not addicted to ATS enough yet to sweat and slightly panic if I appear to have connection issues...
but nice to be back anyway

I'm having issues with my wifi as far was I'm aware so I was already hoping that it hadn't worsened or something. ATS got back fairly quickly, considering that many other sites take days or even weeks.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I am thinking ATS was not the target,rather a certain internet node/s was the target-inside of which,somewhere was a whole load of bitcoin or credit card info/bank details/military/gov secrets to be snaffled up.
This is the start of the our new world.
Die hard 4 could become a prophetic film.

50 thousand years in the future,the giant insects who survived the apocalypse will teach their young in bug school:

Giant Mantis Teacher:"Why did the two legs die out?"
MIni bug pupils: ++Technolgy Overwhelmness++
"Thats correct,they forgot their roots after the industrial revolution and soon after relied upon virtual systems to do their thinking,they sealed their fate when they attempted to create a global web of virtual consciousness made from all the natural resorces of mother earth,which ultimatley gained sentience and wiped them out.
When all they should have done was right there to learn from the lives of the ancestors."

Mini bug pupils: ++ Well sheeit,at least the downfall of the two legs led to the insect evolution.Praise the insect race,but who built those weird pyramids,and that lake blocker wall?++

BEST POST YET, and sadly probably prescient too. WATS for you if we still had them!

STM

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

Lol... speak for yourself! I panicked!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
OMG, it was terrible I tell you, terrible!!!!! I thought I was going to die! LOL
I just about live here and was lost. Well ok, I wasn't really lost and I did get more done around the house, but still...It was terrible!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I genuinely missed it! Lol..
We have quite the normal dysfunctional family here...
One minute I adore someones thoughts ... then I'm mad they said something else.... and when ATS is not there..
I miss you all.

No matter if I'm signed in or not... there is a device running ATS in the background somewhere... nearby :-)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
OMG, it was terrible I tell you, terrible!!!!! I thought I was going to die! LOL
I just about live here and was lost. Well ok, I wasn't really lost and I did get more done around the house, but still...It was terrible!

I found it impossible to complete other tasks while hitting refresh every 90 seconds.

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

I found it impossible to complete other tasks while hitting refresh every 90 seconds.

Peace

Lol.. that and ocd... for me

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
DBL
edit on 13-12-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: jude11

Peace

Lol.. that and ocd... for me

My OCD actually enabled me to hit refresh every 90 seconds...and the ADHD...and...was that a squirrel?

Peace

edit on 13-12-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join