It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best series I've read in a while...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I found this series on iTunes while on vacation earlier this year.. The first book was free to download so I read it in a few days and, even though it has its issues, I was hooked instantly. The first book is titled Heku, by T.M. Neilsen.

Book 1 in the Heku Series introduces Chevalier, Chief Enforcer for the heku faction, the Equites, and Emily, a rancher from Montana.
When a member of the Equites goes to the council with concerns for the welfare of a human, they send the Chief Enforcer to ascertain if further investigation is warranted.
Chevalier arrives at the small Montana ranch, and immediately discovers that Emily is a member of an English family that the factions have sought for hundreds of years. His intense desire to protect her wins out over his obligation to bring justice within the faction, and he sets out to discover what about her brings out an almost unheard of attraction between the heku and a human.
Emily learns of the heku species, one older than even her own, and is thrown into their world and into a war millennia old. Her fight to survive sets the rigid world of the militaristic heku on end, and changes her entire being from a battered wife to a strong ally within the Equites.

I read a lot, but not too much on vampires and all, so this seemed very unique to me and I loved every book until the end.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I looked on Amazon, the first 2 are free and the rest are only about $2.00. I'm always looking for new books/authors, so I'll give it a try. Thanks.

BTW, try the Iron Druid series by Kevin Hearne. Part serious, part comedy, full of magic and mythical creatures and a decent read over all.
www.amazon.com...=nb_sb_ss_i_5_10?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=iron+druid+series&sprefix=iron+druid%2Cstripbooks%2C240

Had to edit the link- had my personal page logged in.
edit on 13-12-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That sounds more up my alley than the OP.

Sorry, OP, though this bit - he sets out to discover what about her brings out an almost unheard of attraction between - does sound unique, I tend to steer clear of x vs y ancient war tropes and 'chosen one' MCs. Could just be the blurb, but I'll check it out if the writing's engaging.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You're welcome, and I will definitely check it out! I'm still in that Heku zone, and a spin off is being released on the 24th I believe so my whole mind set is "THE GANGS BACK" ahahha but I will look at what you linked me too, thank you !

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
thanks a lot plz try visit my blogclassics literary must read

top topics

join