It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reaction to Intelligence agency, Government being "at war" with each other?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It is revealed/leaked that your national government and primary intelligence agency are "not on the same page" regarding several matters of national security/government policies etc, to the extent that they're actually "at war" with each other.

This "war" is being waged behind the scenes, with the general public rather oblivious (e.g. your national leader is officially reported as having been involved in a "skiing accident" but in reality a "message was sent").

What would your reaction be? It might be more dramatic if it's in the US/UK/European state etc...

Would you be more shocked at the fact of the revelation than the contents of the revelation itself?
edit on 12-12-2014 by SonoftheFuture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If this true, how does a national government and a primary intelligence agency being "at war" benefit anybody?

What's the fight over?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheFuture

It wouldn't shock me either way. The CIA had Kennedy shot, and that was over 50 years ago.

It would be naive to think that that was the least of their sins.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Who is "the government"?

Old men from Congress?

Against an Agency equipped with weapons whilst being trained in deadly combat?

My money's on the old men.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Really? That's news. Who would of thought? The American people are not on the same page with one another. So sad.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If this true, how does a national government and a primary intelligence agency being "at war" benefit anybody?

What's the fight over?

Job security. There are many agencies that perform the same functions, an inordinate conflict.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheFuture

It would be more surprising if they weren't at war with each other.

Just look at our Congress. Almost no fighting between parties at the moment with major scraps internally trumping national issues. All behind the scenes, of course.

Perhaps this is the real reason things don't get done as opposed to some evil 'group' running the show....

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think it is more like a competition for funding myself. The agencies should be working together instead of competing with each other. Countries should do this too. The world is too divided which means we will never excel in anything. It is the fault of conditioning in society. Consumerism/capitalism is dividing us because of greed and pride.

Seems like something I read in a two thousand year old religious history book. Not much really changes.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The CIA just recently raided a retired FBI agent for suspected Marrywanna growing which turned out to be false, as the agent and his wife had no idea what they were talking about. So yes, it is like the "adult" version of high school with cliques and all that.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It does help explain things with our governments approach to some matters. At times it looks like Tony Abbot really believes Osama Bin Ladden was responsible for 9/11.

top topics

join