It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member, yet an old one

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hey everyone. My sn can be read as "singularity", inspired by the technological singularity, which if you haven't looked into it before, may absolutely fascinate you. I'm the tender young age of 25, and I've actually been roaming this website probably since it came into being. I had old screen names, which I don't really remember, and I never got into being a serious member. However, I have decided to change that today.
I'm pretty much fascinated by anything that one can find on this site. As a child, I took special interest in the paranormal, whether it be ghosts, ESP, or, my favorite, extraterrestrials. As I have grown older, political topics, including conspiracies, legislation, and the general state of the world grabbed me as well. 9/11, in particular, truly set this in motion. It happened when I was a 6th grader. I was young, my mind an ever expanding construct of ideas, and I was deeply affected by the events of that day. I won't go into detail about my feelings toward this subject right now though, considering this isn't really the post for that.
Aside from what can be found on this site, I'm actually a guitar player and musician, with a degree in audio engineering (the specific title is "Audio For Electronic Media"), so music is really my life force. I have a true passion for listening to, and composing, almost anything under the Sun, especially classic rock, reggae, psychedelia, electronica, metal, you name it.
I'm a big sports fan, especially basketball, and I still actively participate in sport activities weekly.
So now I have a few questions, and if anyone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it:

-I was viewing another thread on this forum, and I couldn't seem to find the button to post a reply. Mind you, I'm on the mobile site, using an iPhone.

-I noticed three buttons by a poster's name: a pin, quotes, and IM. What purpose does the pin serve, considering upon clicking it, literally nothing happened.

-I see threads that have a certain number of "flags". I assume this boosts the popularity of the post. Only an assumption though. Is that correct, and how do I flag a post myself?

I look forward to interacting with you all. Positive vibes, and happy holidays.

The truth is out there.

edit on 12-12-2014 by s1ngular1ty because: Attention to detail

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: s1ngular1ty

Welcome to ATS pal.

The pin, I'm not sure about, never works for me either, that may be an iPhone problem as I use one also.
The quotes means you can reply to someone and keep their post quoted within your reply.
The reply button is the same but without the quote of another member.

Click either of the second 2 to reply.

To flag a thread just click the flag in the top left above the original post.
They are a good thing as you rightly assumed.

A side note for future reference, the 9/11 Forum is a digital warzone.
Good luck in there

Peace.

Enjoy your time here.

edit on 12-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The reply button should be top and bottom of the page and also one in the top right of the post.
Flags tell you how many people think it's an interesting post, while stars let you know how many agree with your opinion of the subject. The little trophy is your WATS score [ Way Above Top Secret ] and the lightening bolt is Karma.
If I'm wrong about any of that, a Mod will be along to correct me, sentence me to 10 lashes at dawn and let you know where to go to read up on the Terms and Conditions [ T&C ] of using the site.

Welcome to ATS. Again.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Welcome...

Just for future reference...

the pin is for IF one would like to send someone to a specific post within a thread...

When you click it, it will change the post reference number in the URL bar, so when you copy and paste a thread link it will take you to the post you were referring to...

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. Glad you decided to join us.

You're right about the flags. They indicate how many people actually like the thread. To flag a thread yourself, click on the flag icon just below the thread title. The chat balloons on each post are to send a reply to that post and the quote marks are to send a reply with quoted text. I have no idea what the pin is for. I've never used it.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hello and welcome back!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thanks everyone, a warm welcome is always great. Obviously a mature site to be on. No kiddie crap. Okay, so now I'm having a problem with my avatar. I have it in my settings for it to be shown and not hidden. When I go to my account, it's there, but when I post, it's not. Any way I can grab a good image to use that will show up without an issue, or upload an image from my iPhone camera roll?

I appreciate the help. Sorry for the n00bism lmfao. You guys are cool though.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

If you have the image uploaded to the site, click on the image. You will see an option to use it as your avatar.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
How do I go about uploading it to the site? Everything is different from the ATS of old haha. I entered the links
into the two avatar bars in my account settings, but it's still not appearing in my posts. Helppp lol. In the meantime, I'm in a chatty mood. I'm going to reply to a bunch of threads today. I've been slacking since I bought my Playstation 4

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Welcome, friend!

We happen to be the same age and have very common thoughts, ideas, and questions to all of this. I hope to see you around the forums, Singularity.

new topics

top topics

join