It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British fighter jet shot down by Russians (Hypothetical)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just another hypothetical (you might get a lot of these in chit chat
).

OK, so in the near future a Russian jet shoots down a British fighter jet on the edge of British airspace when the two get close together. We needn't concern ourselves with the specific facts (where etc).

Right now, the news has just broken. You're sat in your living room and it's just come on the news - "Unconfirmed reports etc etc...". No government has made an official statement, but an unnamed British official unofficially confirms the shooting down by a Russian fighter but doesn't know if there are any dead/injured.

How would you react? Would you panic? How do you think your government would react? (E.g. If you're American? British? French? Finnish? Chinese?) Would you be worried?

Again, just random excursions into the planet of hypotheticals, nothing to pore over.

Interested in your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
From what I have come to realize about my Govt. (Canada) if the Russians were to shoot down a Canadian jet over Ottawa I would say "YES" get a few more and make Canada a no fly zone . :>) a reply to: SonoftheFuture

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I would turn off the TV and walk away just like I should have done during the 911 fiasco :-)
Live and learn as they say.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Considering the next step would be all out War...
As a Londoner I'd be abit worried for the average Joe/Dmitri...

Nukes would fly...
& those pressing buttons would be in a bunker.

Us in London/Moscow would be sh*t out of luck.
edit on 12-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheFuture

I would be more concerned with one of our Typhoons taking down one of Russia's antiquated turboprop Bears.

new topics

top topics

join