It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

America Should Apologize To Terrorists?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:59 PM

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: neo96

You're denying there was a genocide of Iraqis & Afghans in the past 13 years.

We'll agree to disagree on that one.

What you say about Iran & Israel is up for debate.
It could easily be said that Israel is doing the same to Iran.
So I say let them fight their own battle.
Just remember it's your tax dollars that Israel is using to perpetuate that facade.

As for Assad, the guy is a Despot.
A War Criminal, a child murderer on the level of IS...& that's the only time I'd happen to agree with Saudi Arabia.

Religion is a choice...

Being born with deformities in Fallujah because of the Phospherous is not a choice.

Actually a GENOCIDE is PURPOSEFULLY killing off people NOT ACCIDENTALLY. Terrorist hid behind civies. The civies could had rose up to keep them away from them. did they?

ALso that MIllion dead in Iraq is total bull man. Iraqi body count has th eofficial numbers,not a sensationalsit british POLLMEISTER that gave th eflawed numbers of a million plus.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:12 PM
a reply to: yuppa

I don't know what makes your numbers anymore definitive than mine...

But let's put that to the side and agree it was "a large number"...

You say accidentally...

Yet they knew there were civillians among the terrorists...

So the minute they decided "collateral damage"... It became a purposeful act.
That's genocide pal.

& to say the civillians should have risen up,
Not only are you blaming the victim...
You're ignoring that a lot of them were defenceless pensioners, children, women & most likely pacifist men...

So that lowers the number of who can fight back quite dramatically.

Then you have to take into account how many of those non-pacifist men who were able bodied enough actually had the weaponry to do so.

Again, that drops the number willing to fight even more.

Now take into consideration that a great many excellently-trained killing machines from the U.S. & U.K as well as the Iraqi/Afghan Armed Forces they trained were dropping like flies despite such an advantage...

We have mourned many Allied soldiers who fell to these Extremists...

So for you to blame the victims, and ignore all of these important factors is underestimating the enemy being fought.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:16 PM

originally posted by: buster2010

What people need to ask themselves is when they are determined to kill us at any cost, and traditional interogration methods will not work.

Then why you do people like you get upset when ISIS tortures people? Aren't they just doing the same thing as America?

Sit here, and die because were suppose to be all touchy feely with those who have sworn to 'GOD' to kill us.

You should write for FOX.

We should just keep it simple. Yous guys want to kill us then we will have to kill you. No moral conundrums.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:44 PM

How about people ACKNOWLEDGING that torture HAS BEEN used by every administration since FDR, and a DECADE AGO

The current 'majority' party wants to make a stink of it YET AGAIN when they were right there in the GD thick of it, and the current administration is STILL DOING it.

People have been acknowledging it left and right - on both the left and on the right. Many of us understand that this is not a partisan issue - this is an American problem. We own it, and we're going to have to face up to what we've done. You don't seem to want to hear what we're saying

I didn't get into this to argue with you neo - the facts are what they are

Like a lot of people, I've been reading (probably way more than is good for me) a lot of articles written by people on all sides of this issue. There are some extremely thoughtful and well written pieces out there right now. The most interesting part is the comments that come after

The number of people who are outraged (genuinely - though you may not believe it) is greater than the amount that are defending Bush and Cheney. Of those people who identify themselves one way or another as conservative - seems to me that at least two thirds of them are just as outraged as the liberals. This is just me noticing stuff - it's not very scientific

Those that are defending torture (which is what it boils down to in the end) are loyal to an idea and they are mostly unmoved by people that believe that the fact that we torture is a sign that we have sunk as low as we can go

I guess if I was going to make a point it would be that the rest of us (and that would be most of us) are being held hostage by the ideology of those few. The crimes that were committed happened because for whatever reason the majority didn't stand in their way

I do understand what you're trying to say neo, but it doesn't matter. What's done is done and history is going to show that Bush and Cheney didn't just allow this to happen - they made it happen. I just figured I'd eventually hear you say that they were at least as responsible for their part in all of it as anyone else
edit on 12/13/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:34 PM
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Actually i think we are not being hard enough on the enemy. Seen the movie swordfish? Remember travoltas character talking about holding the terrorist families responsible?

And yes I guess i do blame the victims for ALLOWING THEMSELVES TO BECOME VICTIMS. PAcifism works great.... for the evil men taking advantage of them.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM

You do realize that it is the US who is perceived as the 'terrorist' by the majority of the world's human population?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:35 PM

originally posted by: jrod

You do realize that it is the US who is perceived as the 'terrorist' by the majority of the world's human population?

But what about suicide bombers and militia groups and armies that focus on non-US targets in Middle-East countries?

<< 2  3  4   >>