It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Semi-retired president: “I spend most of my time watching ESPN in the morning”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

www.thedailybeast.com...

Heres a thought how about reading that confession.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
We get you hate Obama but do you really believe Romney would have done any different?

Perception is 90% of leadership. This is a fact which a lot of folks seem to have amnesia over since the switch off between Bush and Obama. The perception of GWB that mistook a lack of political curiosity and an unpolished metro/social mannerism for being an indication of stupidity ultimately sunk Bush's ability to lead in the eyes of around half the population. Conversely, with Obama we see a perception of arrogance, lack of responsibility, and buck passing that has sunk his ability to lead in the eyes of around half the people.

You cannot rationally blame anyone other than Obama and his handlers here. The man is truly his own worst enemy. It started with "they hold onto their religion and their guns" and has progressed through any criticism of him or his policies being brushed aside as "racism." I ask you this: in the eyes of Obama's supporters, would his carriage have been reduced if he had chosen to present himself with a bit more diplomatic tact, focusing not on attacking but rather on presenting a n more dignified leadership style?

If you've ever taken a leadership/management course, you've heard of the Five Sources of Power.
1. Positional Power
2. Personal Power
3. Expert Power
4. Opportunity Power
5. Information Power
A president does not have to personally possess all 5 sources of power, but his overall cabinet sure better and, even more important, the president had better have the first 2 in spades. Obama, at least perception-wise, has little more than positional power and, to be blunt, his positional power is percieved as being seriously damaged due to his lack of acceptance of responsibility... he doesn't behave in the "buck stops here" manner that is naturally expected of the highest position in the country. He had a tremendous amount of personal power 6 years ago as a candidate. The damage his attitude has caused to his positional power pales in comparison to the damage it has done to his personal power. Simply put, he is not the likeable guy he once was. His administration sorely lacks expert power. He has surrounded himself with those closest matching his own mental model and, as a result, has stymied creativity and alternative analysis within his cabinet... a room full of clones do not make for productive brain storming sessions. Of course information power is directly tied to expert power, meaning the lack of expert power always leads to an incomplete picture of information. The shortage of opportunity power within this presidency is related to all of the above equally and, to be honest, could be considered a massive success by one viewer and a massive failure by another... it is entirely in the eyes of the beholder. If the crises faced over the past 6 years were viewed as an opportunity to buttress capitalism, reinvigorate the middle class, improve race relations, and elevate the USA further up the global superpower ladder, then most holding that view are coming away with the thought that the admin's opportunity power is extremely weak. If, however, those crises were seen as an opportunity to increase dependency on government, balance America with the rest of the world, identify more sources of racial divisions, and enforce John Edward's "Two Americas" diatribe, then this admin has done a great deal with opportunity power.

I do believe Romney would have done better, or at least my personal perception of the office would be better with him in charge.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Double Post...

MODS ARE PEOPLE, TOO
edit on 12-12-2014 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh I get it!

You write for The Daily Beast and just want the page views!

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: AgentShillington

www.thedailybeast.com...

Heres a thought how about reading that confession.

Unlike you it seems, I am capable of understanding the words that are coming out of someone's mouth without having to have someone interpret them for me.

Now.

If Biden wasn't convicted of a crime, then he isn't subject to 14e of that form you posted.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
So sorry busy watching ESPN right now to be bothered with all this chatter.

Second verse.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

What you don't like that no one else is getting up in arms about a man watching ESPN and another man telling a story of defending his sister?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Perception is 90% of leadership. This is a fact which a lot of folks seem to have amnesia over since the switch off between Bush and Obama

Yes it is.

What a few in this thread have obviously failed to grasp.

Thanks for actually discussing the topic.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Lol your arguments are so tired and dated. Let me guess, you're posting from Camp Obama? He's messed up this country even worse than Bush did. No reason why the people shouldn't expose him for the ass he is.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He hasn't done anything for this country. The ones who know that don't need an essay to convince them. The ones who don't are still in denial, crying racism, screaming about Bush, etc, etc.

Double post, boy do I need to be hung by my feet...

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Uh no.

I am in the "Don't be a ridiculous dumb ass, we live in a nation run by lawmakers who have put a price tag on their opinions and beliefs" camp. It sits right next to "Wesouronpreisdentsquickly" lake right past "it happens all the #ing time and no President since Kennedy has been truly able to unite a nation" road.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Uh yes, Blood. So anyone who disagrees with the pres is a "ridiculous dumb ass" Wow, so you've shown you can't debate without jumping to insults. Please tell me again how the left aren't a bunch of crybabies screaming racism and "Disagree? You're a dumbass." And I thought the right were the fascists in this country....

I understand if you want to discuss then, I do too. But without the petty division please?
edit on 12-12-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I have no, nor have I expressed, any left or right political preference or belief.

I sit firmly in the middle.

And yes, you are a dumb ass if you believe that the problems lie in a figurehead and not in our wildly corrupt and inefficient political machine.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yes, absolute total dumbass for believing the pres hasn't done a thing and that both parties are total jokes. So I'm gathering you don't have anything to contribute besides "hey you disagree, you're a dumbass!"?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I have no, nor have I expressed, any left or right political preference or belief.

I sit firmly in the middle.

And yes, you are a dumb ass if you believe that the problems lie in a figurehead and not in our wildly corrupt and inefficient political machine.

Well then an aweful lot of people owe GW an apology!

'crickets'.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Apologize for what?

Why are you so obsessed with that guy?

......unless you are THAT guy.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Apologize for what?

Why are you so obsessed with that guy?

......unless you are THAT guy.

Thanks for exposing just how hypocritical this comment was:

And yes, you are a dumb ass if you believe that the problems lie in a figurehead and not in our wildly corrupt and inefficient political machine

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Back to the topic.

Since Biden committed assault. IT's ILLEGAL for him to own a gun.

Even more so after making 'terroristic' threats.

At least this vice president didn't shoot anyone.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

How ya figure?

One is an open indictment against everything broken in American politics, which you refuse to acknowledge .

The other is a simple question, why are you so focused on Bush Jr?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
maybe he can ask Eric Holder about this case if he is not too busy,,

Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join