It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hello all, a brief introduction: I'm from the UK, living in the Big Smoke. Formally a student of Philosophy & Theology, now studying Psychology. I stumbled on this site, about thirty degrees of separation from the original reason I went on the computer, and thought this seems an interesting place to debate and exchange ideas.

I'm pretty much interested in anything I find interesting (My only interest is interest, to quote a better writer). I'm currently fascinated by the history of British paganism and occultism, everything from Druids to Crowley, (and have discovered possibly the best occult bookshop in London). Politically I'm of the Left, but I don't come here with a fixed ideology, or indeed any great faith in the mainstream Left's ability to action change.

And on that pessimistic note...All the best.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
hey there, hello and welcome

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Prostheticlives

Hi Prostheticlives and welcome to ATS

You may end up feeling like this sometimes

Or this

Don't worry about it we've all been there, I'm Cody one of the avatar artists on the site, we work for free and love what we do, if you want an avatar give us a shout and let us know what you want, we'll work something out for you

You can find us by clicking between the tigers below this post

Welcome again and enjoy the ride

Cody

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Cheers guys. Yeah I'd love an avatar. Let me have a think and I'll get back to you.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Hi mate! Welcome here.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Good work registering. Seems a few newcomers are philosophy brains... I'm still undecided as to whether I'm a materialist, idealist or dualist. Whatever is the case I feel like my brain is in a vat

I'll apologise in advance for some of my replies to your posts, I don't mean it.

As always have a pint on me (although I resent paying London prices).

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

London prices? You should see Canada's.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne
Maybe we should stop drin... oh wait a minute, that'll never happen.

Looking at about $8 Canadian for a pint (568ml) in London - about 4.50 pounds sterling. Unless of course you can find a Wetherspoons, then your laughing all the way to the bar.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

8$ is pretty much the price to pay here as well.

Of course, I am ignoring the cheaper beers which do cost less but taste accordingly - like a bloody soft drink.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne
If you like a drink I feel for you. I really like a drink but am lucky enough that pubs up north are still cheap. Anyway, I am feeling the pressure of T&Cs and am digressing from welcoming our new friend into the forums. The guy/girl is going to think we're booze mad (which I admit I am)!

Next time you're in England I'll buy you one, from a cheap northern pub.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
and14263:

Unless of course you can find a Wetherspoons, then your laughing all the way to the bar.

My nearest Wetherspoons was petrol bombed during the riots. But we can sit on the rubble and drinks meths.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The Woolwich one. Wounded.

I'd go a couple of litres of Frosty Jacks over meths though.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prostheticlives
... I'm currently fascinated by the history of British paganism and occultism, everything from Druids to Crowley...

Welcome! That Crowley subject is one HELL of a deep, dark hole. I've skirted around it occasionally, each time seeing it goes deeper than even I can imagine. A person could spend a lifetime investigating Crowley and still not know it all. Careful!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

top topics

join