It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Cop Caught a Grandma Stealing Eggs... So He Bought Them for Her!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

There are several cities in this country that have made it illegal to feed the homeless. Seems to me charity is not only ignored when we do it but being taken out of our hands entirely.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

I dont know what happened but it let me give you 2 stars and you deserve them lol.

Yeah, our country has become a disgusting parody of what it used to be in many ways. I find myself wondering how much worse it can get.

If the character that was Andy Griffith were to try to become a cop now, he'd be laughed out of the academy.

EDIT: It didnt keep both stars =(
edit on 13-12-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I don't think Andy or Barney would last one shift in LA, Detroit, Chicago, Harlem, etc.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Then please enlighten us as to why you decided to 1.read it 2.comment on it (the first comment is understandably your 2 cents nothing wrong with that) but why keep commenting if you don't care? No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to accept this as news nor is anyone forcing you to read it. your simply trolling at this point. just trying to rustle everyone jimmies cause you obviously have nothing better to do. you wanna help stop the police brutality then get out on them streets and protest. but you would rather spend your time pointlessly derailing a thread. It's nice to read something where someone didn't get killed or about corruption every once in a while. The dude did a good thing and thats good to hear.
edit on 13-12-2014 by Rabb420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Thanks Bundy. I am a bit older than a lot of folks here and can say that there have always been issues with abuse of power in LE. What I did not see so much of growing up was the lack of accountability. The blatant beating deaths of so many unarmed folks stands out to me.

The most horrific in my mind and heart was that of Kelly Thomas. Sometimes I have zero faith in our justice system.
www.youtube.com...

How the Police Department and police union could stand up in defense of those officers shows how unethical and immoral the system has gotten.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I think lack of accountability is something that is occuring throughout society.

It isn't limited to just the police.

Perhaps all the bad stuff that is happening is a cultural issue.
edit on 13-12-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
as mutch as i hate MOST cops

i know for a fact there are good ones

had a k9 unit stop one from tossing me in jail over being out after curfu 1 block from my house
good guy i did mma with him a bit so maby that had something to do with the help
but there really are good ones

i just think the bad ones deserve 10x the punishment

none the less good example of kindness guy looks like a nice guy to

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Wow i've never seen that. I found another video where the audio is better and there are subtitles. Also, a picture of the man before and after the beating in one video. Absolutely disgusting. I dont know if you've ever seen the pictures, but they beat this guy worse than i've ever seen anyone beaten in my life. It looks more like he was in a car accident. His head/face are grotesquely swollen and he has large cuts on his face.

If something like that should ever happen to anyone i love, those police would need to make peace with whatever god they believe in quickly.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
As we see more gruesome actions from cops this handling shows more respect . I know the world isn't that bright as we want to see it because of the time period we live in . There's much Destitution and crime will take the overhand because people can pay there bills anymore.

But in some occasions positive actions will lead to peaceful reactions ..

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The real issue of the story is who needs to steal a carton of eggs? We live in the richest nation on earth yet people are hungry enough to risk going to jail for some eggs? I'm not far from having to steal eggs myself. What really gets me is we have people in this country that can barely afford to eat yet we take in 5 million more hungry mouths from south of the boarder. Maybe we should figure out how to help our own citizens before we try to take care of other nations poor. This kind of stuff really pisses me off. All hail the untied states of corporate America!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

You are correct in that accountability is lacking in most of our society. But then we are discussing police accountability, a service that stands at the head of the line for needing positive reform, certainly, given the fact that we can be killed by them.

I would be more inclined to see the warmth in the example given in the O.P if there was true accountability within all LE agencies. It's difficult to wash away the sins of cops like Cicinelli and Ramos with a carton of eggs.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I am very familiar with the Kelly case, and really should have provided a better link for you.

Can you imagine the absolute heart break of Thomas's family.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I'm not sure why an officer in Alabama is trying to wash the stink of something that happened in California off himself and his agency. I think that's the point that Torq and I have been trying to make here. Why is THIS officer's act of kindness being stacked up against acts of other officers half a continent away and found wanting? Really hard not to think "well why bother at all then?"

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Why should an American citizen be safer in Lowell Michigan from police abuse than another that may live in Ferguson Missouri? Police accountability should be spread evenly.

I really do appreciate the fact that there are officers that go above and beyond. However the serious attention needs to on the lack of accountability, and the fact that the system too often places police above the law. The occasional police charity is also given more importance than civilian charity.

We are in opposite corners of the ring, as I have much experience with police abuse and misconduct, and the scales in my mind are tipped so heavy to one side that my appreciation for the individual cop has a hard time surfacing from under the avalanche of victims of police abuse and their families.

I would hope that all LEO's would spend as much time renouncing police brutality as much as they spend exalting police kindness.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I get your point. I really do. But at the end of the day, wrong or right, it is what it is. I don't mean that in a dismissive way. I mean it in a "wrong or right, the people here have a better relationship with police than the people over there." I don't think its at all fair to knock either the police or citizens in one area because they get along well with each other simply because another area doesn't.

Is that fair? No, it's not. And I get that. I really do. But instead of spending all this energy talking about how it's propaganda and BS and so on, why can't it be appreciated for what it is? Does it make everything better? No. Should it make YOU like your local PD any better? No, because just as not all cops are bad, not all cops are good. I wouldn't expect you to be heavily influenced by something good that happens half a continent away.

You're right to say that this should be common. Every locality should have this type of relationship with LE. But I don't think its fair to run this incident into the dirt because it's not representative of where you live.

Not all cops speak out against brutality, but many do. Just as not all cops spend their own paycheck to help out citizens, but many do.
edit on 14-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Typos

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

All citizens are subject to the law and it's enforcers, therefore I want all police, no matter their jurisdiction to abide by nothing less than what is required from us. My presence in this thread is not to run this particular feeling officer into the dirt, as I do appreciate and recognize kindness no matter the uniform.

Do you think that there should be federal laws on the books mandating steroid testing?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You keep saying that and I keep not disagreeing with you. That being said, just as not all people abide by the law, not all law enforcement will either. It doesn't really matter how many laws you pass, or how harsh the penalties are, somebody somewhere will think they're smart enough to break the law. Am I saying that it's okay, or that it's different? No, not at all. But it's realistic, because humans are involved and humans aren't perfect.

And no, I don't. But that's because of my own personal political beliefs. I have no problem with testing for steroids. None. I think it should be included in the testing battery. But I also understand that the money for it has to come from somewhere, and that should be left to localities to determine. I think local government should say "we're going to do this, and this is how we're going to fund it" instead of the fed saying "you have to do this because we say so, and oh by the way you have to figure out how to pay for it now."

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Everyday, right across the world not only in the US, thousands of LEO's do what they can to get kids off the street, girls out of prostitution, young men out of gangs. They do a thousand things to better the lives of people who they come into contact with.

We all know there are bad apples in the barrel, its a fact, but we should'nt let the actions of these few, who always make it to the headlines and TV, undermine the acts of thousands which go without being reported on national press.

We should'nt let the press and groups of radicals turn every arrest into a race issue that further divides already divided communities.

For every negative act commited by a bad cop, there are probably a dozen positive acts that go without ever being known.

Maybe to draw attention to the thread a bit more it's title should be "COP BUYS BLACK GRANDMA SOME EGGS AFTER SHE TRIED TO STEAL THEM", as nearly all the best beat down threads here draw attention to the fact the guy on the receiving end is BLACK long before they tell why he recieved the beating.
edit on AM7Sun20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I would think that the insurers of departments would be more than happy to write steroid testing coverage into policies. I think it is common knowledge that steroids contribute to the ill actions of police. Seems a no brainer to me. If the testing is mandated across the board, that's where we start seeing true accountability.

For police unions, cities and individual officers to use the cost of doing so as an excuse not to test only lends to my argument that Law enforcement is held above the law.

Liberty should not depend on where a person resides in the U.S

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Then write the insurers? I have no idea what to tell you. Phoenix PD implemented steroid testing and their tests went from $30-$35 a piece to $105-$115 a piece. That's not chump change, and it has to come from somewhere. Phoenix was able to make it happen, but they had to figure out where to take the money from to do it. It's not necessarily an excuse, it's a fact. Just because a department hasn't implemented it yet doesn't mean they have no intention of doing so, or aren't working on the budget aspect of it.

Safety shouldn't depend on where one lives either. Unfortunately it does.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join