It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're screwed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
After the fallout from the midterms, I was cautiously optimistic. But after the recent passage of the 1.1 trillion budget and all of the BS attached to it, I am pissed off that I fell fôr it again. I am a conservative on most issues but it doesñ't define me. I think for myself and will not be told whät to think in order to belong to a party. Albeit for different reasons I am equally as disgusted wîth republicans as democräts and these crooks have screwed us. Even now at this stage of the gäme when they see how important certain issues such as immigration and health care are to their constituents they promise you they'll fîght ît with evéry breath and then once elected, they give you the bird and not only do they not fight it, they actually overfunded the amnesty bill. Oh yeah, and add on provisions allowing top donors to increase donations 10x to théir campaigns. I am just i
Incensed! I feel so demoralized right now.....
A little off topic, here's a great 5 Min. Video from Bill Whittle. This guy's a stud.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

This is where I am at where You said,
" I think for myself and will not be told whät to think in order to belong to a party"
I don't believe in organized religions for the same reason,or close enough, that I don't believe in getting tied down to one party or another. Once in a group, people tend to sway to one side or the other, back and forth on a never ending teeter totter of Bull Sh_-......
Alas......
Such is Life...... Syx.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

That bill dude does nothing but regurgitate right wing talking points so not sure how you can say you are tired of them and then call him a stud in the same breath.

But yes every one in Congress could give two #s about us as long as their pockets are getting lined

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
How do we even put a stop to campaign funding & lobbying? Our system is so broken there is no outcome except destruction.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Anything about what the Senate might do with this?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My husband has a saying: "Anyone who stands up+says "Vote for Me" should be shot in the face at point blank range".Yes,anyone who relies on politicians to have at heart the best interests of the average global citizen,is screwed,indeed.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Meet the new bosses same as the old bosses... Don't get fooled again no no! Many of us got fooled again from the propaganda of Michael Savages (stop the coming civil war) to promises made by those who were elected in the 2010 mid terms. I am all for a USIP (US independent party). Many have said they it will split the parties and cause another Ross P. of the 90's loss. You have to lose a few to win a few and the new party would take time mature to the point of eventual control for the people.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

of course we are screwed.......the government have people believing that there is a choice and voting one party in will bring the change they want.....

the whole system is one well oiled machine....but not for helping the people,but a well oiled machine that looks after its own ......

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The biggest issue with America is that people actually identify with one side or the other. It's the same damn coin. The specifically look for issues that drive wedges between the citizenry. While we argue amongst ourselves they transfer campaign donation and budgets into useful slush funds for the rich and corrupt.....with our money. Don't figure. Genius, brilliant even in a sick and twisted way but you really got to hand it to them.....wait, no you don't, they'll take it any way.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Keep voting fools.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The senate apparently isn't a lock to pass the bill. Largely due to Warren, Feinstein and Co.. Especially Warren is hugely anti-Wall street/capitalism and is using this as a launch pad for Presidential aspirations.

Both are opposing Obama on this Budget. If it goes down, it'll largely be Democrats tipping the scales.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Keep not voting fools...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
not yet...but after the Senate passes the bill and its signed into Law...

...that's when the screwing begins.

and there are no elections for 2 years...this should be interesting.

they'll put a CD in the player and crack open a bottle of whiskey...

edit on 13-12-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
Keep voting fools.

Voting? What's that?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yes indeed, the republic has failed. Mr Marx predicted the evolution of our great society. Though im not sure even arguing from his idealistic perceptions, that any system in real world application, would ever work as intended. Its hard not to fall into nihilism, i find that when im personally struggeling the whole world seems in choas.when im doing great, the world seems problematic but fixable. Hope is an interesting concept, perhaps just rose tinted glasses. The world sucks, i was asked once if i needed to read the news, i declined and said," i dont need to know the world is #ty in ink,ill read when theres good news".

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
"...it's a big club and you aint in it"

edit on 13-12-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The true nihilist does not let things like "hope" or "optimism" get in the way of reality.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Yes, you are very right. Nihilism seems to be the logical conclusion for any practical thinking mind. I do wonder if its healthy for the human mind, it may be better to have hope in the face of infinite choas than to be absorbed in the autonomy of its details. Even nihilism is a cop out, as if choosing not to choose; in the face of meaninglessness. A freedom perhaps, but another flavor of subjective comfort for sure.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I absolutely choose not to choose. I don't consider it a cop out, I consider it enlightenment & acceptance of reality. I believe duality in all forms is unnatural. I believe when we die we will be offered a choice, & the only way to free humanity from our spiritual & physical slavery of reincarnation is to refuse making that choice. Our reality is inherently backwards & I make as few choices as possible when it comes to this joke of an existence.

Long term conditioning won, we lost.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

"we" ?

new topics

top topics

join