It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A French Style Revolution in USA Possible in the Near Future?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:04 PM
I don't have the slightest bit of confidence that my fellow americans would raise arms against anyone in an effort to do what our founding fathers did.

Life is too kushy. Run up debt with personal electronic devices, then college, then a 30 year mortgage. Never mind the 2nd and 3rd. And then there's the distractions. Flat screen TV's and football, lawn mowing and gardening, social climbing, and the ever present 40 hour work week where most work all year just for a two week paid vacation.

And did I mention there's always a new credit card for when you run out of money? Hell, the US has a bottomless pocket in the way we can simply print more money.

No confidence.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:07 PM

originally posted by: nullafides
I don't have the slightest bit of confidence that my fellow americans would raise arms against anyone

No offence, but I don't have the slightest bit of confidence in the average american's leadership qualities, period.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:12 PM
a reply to: Aleister

I agree that the constitution is of the utmost importance, however it first must be honored in order for it to mean anything. The government of elected offices are only a facade and the ones that really are in control of America are the big banks & oil companies and the military industrial complex. The constitution doesn't mean anything to them and you can tell by their practices. I hear this every time revolution in mentioned "America doesn't need revolution because we have elections every 2 & 4 years. If you don't like the way things are vote." Well every election we just seem to elect the same old political parties and politicians! Nothing ever changes. A revolution wouldn't necessarily be violent or overturn the constitution.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:19 PM
a reply to: pheonix358

You are correct. The current government definitely controls the MSM, invades our privacy, and wishes to control the internet. That combined with lack of transparency from these institutions such as the NSA, CIA, and FBI are all efforts to control the people and to keep those with power in power.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:30 PM
a reply to: fltcui

That's news to me. Well maybe we aren't so far off then?

Like I said it will take just one more economic crash to put this country in the state of pre-revolutionary France and it's well on it's way with the largest market drop in a week in 3 years and oil prices crashing.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:35 PM
yeah... just like the takeover of the Bastille, viva la revolution...

I see the masses being fed up with the fraud/lawlessness of the elites & the USA aristocrats

the bankers/financiers/etc lawyers are not under indictment or prison because the lawmakers are in bed with the fraud bankers....

the corrupt congress persons will not investigate or prosecute because when they retire from congress they expect to get handed lucrative jobs at those same fraud generating banks
and help the firm to escape prosecution because of their former status as congress/lawmakers who refused to prosecute the earlier cadre of fraudsters... it a Quid-pro-quo situation of corruption that pervades our government & Corpratocracy or Fascist driven state

I won't shed a tear for any of those elites beheaded by a guillotine

a balance must return, an equilibrium will come about... whether it is an Islamic takeover or a police/military refusal to obey the corrupt government leadership--- who knows

I favor a military & police forces takeover of government fraud & corruption
edit on th31141842436012462014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:00 PM

originally posted by: asmall89
Who's to say the powers that be don't want it either?

The French Revolution sure benefited Napoleon.

Maybe not even as much as Nathan Rothschild, asmall.

Most of the IMF Money Riot/ war will be televised, because
it'll be almost exclusively electronic. For a gigantic vertical
hatchet party with high volume pneumatic assist, not so much.
Although Jamie's big valve from Mythbusters is kind of enticing...
especially for the volume we'd be working in for Version 2.0.

I don't think many of us that go Dorner-ite will get camera time.

On the other hand, people with starving children in a great
minority will pick their muskets out of the corner and go
pig hunting -- that may last a whole month until they're
crushed. I consider myself one of the people with very
little left to lose. I'm definitely not worth killing... yet.

It may be getting really close though, I can feel a time soon
when money will take a seat in the back of the bus to barter.
It may in fact be driving the bus after the crash. And I am there-
fore engaging in some practices that will improve the value of
my labor, and not my perceived monetary worth.

Bob Heinlein on versatility:
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion,
butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance
accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders,
give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new
problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight
efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

I knew there was a reason beside writing Starship Trooper I liked him.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:28 PM
a reply to: derfreebie

I appreciate the Robert Heinlein quote... that was once a driving force in my personality (back when I was 19-49ish)

it still ranks up in the top 5 for advice I may give to youngsters... thanks again

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:04 PM

The only revolution we need is one of the mind.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:31 PM
I think there are more parallels between the current situation and the Russian revolution than the French one. However both provide a good understanding of where the elite of this society are going.

Marx clearly explains that the capitalist system is driven to the ends we are seeing now. The only way to stop wealth accumulation in a few hands is for governments to distort capitalism in very basic ways. Even then the nature of human beings within a capitalist system will find ways around those government blocks and begin accumulating wealth even more.

If you have read even a little of Marx then you already know that a revolution is eventual. The vast masses of people being robbed of their labor efforts in the form of 'profits' will eventually wake up. The only question is what system of wealth allocation will replace capitalism.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:05 PM

January: Turgot presents his Six Edicts calling for the abolition of privilege and the taxation of all social classes.
May 11: Turgot is dismissed after having made powerful enemies with his edicts and other policies.
October: Jacques Necker is appointed director-general of the finances. He opposes the deregulation of the grain market implemented by Turgot and stabilizes the social and financial situation in France.

January 9, 1776 - Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" is published in Philadelphia. The 50 page pamphlet is highly critical of King George III and attacks allegiance to Monarchy in principle while providing strong arguments for American independence. It becomes an instant best-seller in America. "We have it in our power to begin the world anew...American shall make a stand, not for herself alone, but for the world," Paine states.

June-July, 1776 - On June 7, Richard Henry Lee, a Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, presents a formal resolution calling for America to declare its independence from Britain.

In my opininion the French were following American Footsteps.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:07 PM
a reply to: noeltrotsky

for Marx to work u need a head to be cut off.

ie Russian Monarchy.

Unless your Muslim and Isil,, Daesh. then ya Marx would work.
edit on 12/13/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:21 PM
a reply to: BobAthome

I think they were co-inspirational.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:36 PM

originally posted by: Kali74

I think they were co-inspirational.

So your saying that the French Revolution was the the very first C.I.A plot?

only on ATS

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:09 PM

The french were definitely influenced by our revolution. It's ironic that the monarchy supported us and ended up having the same thing happen to them. However the big difference is they replaced their government with a dictator and we didnt.

Another enlightenment would definitely be beneficial to our situation. BUT as others have said life is too comfortable for most people now to challenge our current thinking.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:17 PM

What? No... I'm saying I think both got inspiration from each other. Though the French Revolution came after there was much communication via both letters and news papers between many revolutionaries.
edit on 12/13/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:05 PM
Work conditions are nowhere even remotely close to the work conditions and pay of workers in pre-revolutionary France. What a joke. People who are financially hosed are ones who lived high on the hog with credit cards, and are now reaping the contracts they did not bother to read. And am am not exempt from this.. I had to pay several CCs back after realized what a dupe I was in my young days using them.

Compare it to something else.. the folks in France had it much, much MUCH MUCH worse than Americans do. If you hate it.. move. You have the freedom to do that. I've known many a soul that has left, and return in a year or two, realizing how good they had it, both politically and financially.

I'm not saying there is no corruption or rich people above the law. I am saying the vast majority of Americans have a lifestyle that many in the world would kill to have. Even the lowest paid, meager-living, hard American life would be envied by humans in so many countries. Get some perspective.

Just because I voted for Ron Paul, and decry many actions of the richest in our country, and corrupt politicians, doesn't mean I lose sight of the fact that I live in a country where I can actually pretty much do as I please, say what I want, go anywhere I please, and my career is based on my initiative.

But ATS going overboard with their opinions is nothing new. Unjust actions? Beheadings must occur!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:23 PM
Folks say vote. Well I have been watching the Republicans since the last election and they are already demonstrating their contempt for those that voted them into office. At this point I would reach over a democrat to throttle a republican.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:02 PM
a reply to: fleabit

France was one of the wealthiest if not THE wealthiest country in the world when this occurred. However the wealth was not shared by everyone and like france our continued financial policies are only going to exasperate this problem. Perhaps I need some perspective as I think you do too. In recent years after the crash I see more older people in fast food jobs and more young people under the burden of debt that will never pay itself back because... jobs. The only reason why our life has been and continued to be comfortable is because we have been benefitting off of the backs of 3rd world countries through war and economic games. But this dream is collapsing.

The last financial crisis has taken a toll on the people of America. The MSM are full of it when they say we are in recovery. Like I have been saying just one more economic crash in the US and you will see the reality of our situation.
edit on 13-12-2014 by asmall89 because: typos

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:16 AM

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
The only revolution I see brewing in America, is one that is manufactured through race baiting and the typical usage of divide and conquer.......come to think of it, yeah very much like the French Revolution.

They may have learned something from the French revolution. By manufacturing discourse between the races the people fight each other rather than mobilizing against the gov.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>