It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India and Russia sign trade deals worth $100 Billion in 24 hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The just-concluded 15th India-Russia annual summit between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister Narendra Modi has proven to be an unprecedented success. Key sources told this writer that in money terms all the twenty pacts signed by the two sides covering such areas as oil exploration, infrastructure, nuclear energy, defence and diamonds amount to a whopping $100 billion.

This is what Putin said: “We had constructive talks on a whole gamut of issues. We are working on 20 nuclear power plant units for India. India and Russia encourage use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.”
A few minutes earlier, Modi had remarked thus: "We have outlined an ambitious vision for nuclear energy for at least 10 more reactors."

This is a win-win situation for both the sides as Russia is the only country that is willing to do business with India and set up new nuclear power plants despite the tough liability laws. While Russia gets a monopoly in India’s nuclear market by default, India also gets to flaunt this achievement to powers like the US, France and others and force them to fall in line.
www.firstpost.com...

Whats interesting here is that Putin seems to be trying to checkmate Obama . India and US was planning to have nuclear deals worth several Billion Dollars . Now with Russia offering to build 20 Nuclear plants , US will be less in a position to squeeze India for these deals . Especially in bypassing the Nuclear Liability laws in India .

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

A newly constituted contact group on civil nuclear issues between India and the US will meet for the first time in December, almost three months after it was announced. While the focus of the talks may be on nuclear liability matters, India is facing fresh obstacles from the US nuclear establishment.

This essentially means other nuclear exporting nations as said in the first article will have to fall in line sooner rather than later and India will certainly won't have to amend the Nuclear liability laws to appease the west . Now west will have to sell their nuclear energy under India's liability laws or leave ..

Russia's top oil producer Rosneft struck oil and gas deals with India on Thursday, seeking to strengthen ties with Asia and diversify its exports away from Europe, under pressure from Western sanctions.

Rosneft signed an initial deal to supply 10 million tonnes a year or 200,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil to India's Essar Group over 10-years, its head Igor Sechin told reporters. Supplies could begin as early as in 2015.Rosneft has offered a 10 percent stake in the Vankor oilfields, but New Delhi is pushing for a 25 percent interest. India is also seeking tax breaks on a proposed 49 percent stake in Yurubcheno-Tokhomskoye, a greenfield project in eastern Siberia.

in.reuters.com...

As i had said earlier a few months. It is simply not possible to Sanction Russia which is an energy supplier. Russia will soon diversify its customers and will eventually find new customers in Asia. The last sentence is interesting though. India investing in Siberian Oil fields ?
edit on 12-12-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I enjoy seeing the end of the IMF, World Bank, Federal Reserve, and the Bank of International Settlements and their associate energy multinational corps monopoly on the world.

Looks like BRICS is doing a great job

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
USA shadow government will continue to underestimate both China and Russia for very simple reason.

Hubris and Ego

US has been on top for so long that they think they are gods.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Don't expect to hear this on CNN, FOX, CBC or any other westren news outlets they only want you to hear just how bad Russia is doing. While not over looking just how bad Europe is now.

Where are those anti Russian folks are they going to claim this deal is fake and wont help Russia ?
edit on 12-12-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
I enjoy seeing the end of the IMF, World Bank, Federal Reserve, and the Bank of International Settlements and their associate energy multinational corps monopoly on the world.

I hardly think you will enjoy it at all. If the IMF, World Bank and Federal Reserve collapse. We will be in a world of hurt.

Who will be paying Our wages if Our system collapses? Who will give Our firms Money to manufacture goods? Who will give us a lone to buy a house or a car?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Interesting.

Makes you wonder if this wasn't let happen so that India could be a bigger thorn in China's side.

I bet Pakistan isn't happy about this one bit.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I believe that you hardly understand the reality of what this cabal has done.

Your fear of what is going to happen to us is noble on a certain level, as I do not know exactly how it is going to all shape out for us here in the west.

What I do know is, that throughout the past century, which has been filled with so much suffering, from wars funded by this elite group, to quiet wars that have been funded silently while the rest of the world has been raped from the inside out by this greedy, villainous group of sociopaths. While they continue to rob the people who inhabit this earth while simultaneously bringing about as much destruction to the environment as possible, we have been left to pray for change.

So do not assume that I will not enjoy it at all, because to me, this is the beginning of much needed change. I mean honestly what is the alternative, would you simply allow the full range of injustices continue so you can continue having yours at the expense of the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It is amazing how little trade Russia and India have. Russia is not even Indias top ten for trade yet China and the US are in top 5. This will help Russia as it is loses India's arms market to the US and West. Although part of this deal the billion dollar credit deal with Essar is similar to the one with Essar and China which has resulted in nothing. Of course the big on for India and the US is the trillion dollar WTO deal that should be complete by the summer.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: elementalgrove

I hardly think you will enjoy it at all. If the IMF, World Bank and Federal Reserve collapse. We will be in a world of hurt.

Who will be paying Our wages if Our system collapses? Who will give Our firms Money to manufacture goods? Who will give us a lone to buy a house or a car?

Well you better be making some plans on how to live in a world of hurt because it's coming! We can't keep pumping up the inflatable raft when we're out of air. Sooner or later, it's going to go flat and we will all sink. Best get your life preserver in place now.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I don't believe Putin is trying to checkmate Obama. Putin is taking care of business. He's walking the walk. It's called leading whether anyone agrees or not. Putin is a leader.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I never wondered ..even peoples you too .if you read the full news

Out of $90 billions

$40 billions for Building 24 New Nuclear Power plants
$50 billions for Oil trade

the last $10 billion on other economic trade and small contribution in defense

It's still on the cards to play the FGFA and MTA didn't have made any significant step

India imports most of the oil from ME and Russia ..so No India too have some billions dollar of contract with ME for Oil

Russia you are no more to be a good weapon Supplier

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Interesting.

Makes you wonder if this wasn't let happen so that India could be a bigger thorn in China's side.

I bet Pakistan isn't happy about this one bit.

Actually ..Russia keen to supply new Batch of Mi 35 attack Heli and TOR SAM system ..the Russian Political Cabinet too proved Baksistani intrest of Acquiring the above

most of the Indian Think Tanks Suggest India Should pressurize the Tor Deal leave the Mi 35 . I would looked Indian Side should pressure Putin . but No news of it

India and Israel closely doing Jobs to Take down Hafeez Syed who was a Mastermind of 26/11 . Those Tor should make Problems in case of Air strikes ..!!!

new topics

top topics

join