It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dream I was a spirit, seen unfamiliar people, a huge blue light, white light, then back to body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I had a dream I came out of my body and went to a city that was similar to the old city I lived in. I went to the mall and talked to people. I met this woman who said she died and left her children and the father of her children behind. I noticed that it was difficult to feel negative emotions (sadness, anger, etc.) in that place; if these emotions showed up they were very weak and went away quickly. I was flying around the city and made a strong landing but I did not get hurt (nor was I scared). I met someone who appeared to be an old friend. We were angry at each other, but at this place we were more neutral (I never saw this person and don't know who this is, only in the dream).

I could think of something and eventually, it'll show up. I could think of a place and be there. I realized that the city was fake, the store signs had no words, the houses had no numbers written on them, etc. I realized that I was at this fake city because I would be creeped-out about what would happen next. I flew away from the city and road until I saw nothing but grass and the blue sky. I realized that the sky had no clouds, it was just a pure blue light. I realized how huge it was and got a bit creeped-out and then I was fly up into it.

I saw see-through, human-like, beings with wings (angels). Then instead of a gigantic blue light, I saw white light everywhere. I was now aware of my body. I felt energy flowing from the top of my head to my throat, back and forth. I became even more aware of my body, and less aware of that dream/place, but I had very peaceful and relaxing thoughts so I just stayed in bed for a couple of minutes with my eyes closed, and then eventually I decided to get out of bed.
edit on 11-12-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I had a dream similar to yours once. Not so vivid. But I was able to fly. I knew I was dreaming. I could do anything by thinking. I find sometimes when I have dreams of importance, they always end up happening in the place I grew up. Its almost feels like my next life will happen back there. Or something like that.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
That sounds beautiful. I've had similar dreams.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
OP

Perhaps you were simply having a lucid dream where dreamer is in control, this is common

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
Not sure what stage of awakening you're at, but if you feel like you could get to a higher state I recommend listening to a guided Kundalini awakening meditation and getting out of the city.

Random unsolicited advice.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Your dream was fragmented and lacked power to give names to street signs so what was the point of it at all

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sounds like a good dream.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Now, would you be willing to repeat that journey in a waking state through meditation?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Lol, i think she's already given us a pretty good description, what's the difference?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

Lol, i think she's already given us a pretty good description, what's the difference?

There is a big difference, try it some time.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I dont know if you were reading incorrectly or simply misunderstood, but he or she became aware of their body during the dream and gradually came into waking consciousness, until deciding to get out of bed.
I don't see how it can be repeated during waking meditation. It sounds like it was too unique as an experience.
edit on 14 12 14 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

I dont know if you were reading incorrectly or simply misunderstood, but he or she became aware of their body during the dream and gradually came into waking consciousness, until deciding to get out of bed.
I don't see how it can be repeated during waking meditation. It sounds like it was too unique as an experience.

If it was lucid dreaming then it can still be repeated during waking-to-lucid dreaming meditation, but if it was an actual out-of-body experience, which my journey felt like lucid dreaming during waking meditation but in reality was not lucid dreaming because I was not sleeping at all, then I believe the OP should give it a try during waking meditation to see if he/she can slip back into that state.

new topics

top topics

join