It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we are...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So, ATS, here we are. I will be relatively busy this holiday season, so this post is a bit early, but...

10 years. I have been an ATS member for a decade. Of course, I've seen lots of layout changes, feature changes, topic changes, anybody remember BTS? But what's changed the most in those 10 years was me! I had been a follower of the site for over a year before I signed up. I was 15 years old when I finally registered. I was so interested in conspiracies. I practically believed all of them. I believed that grey aliens were just humans from the future. I believed that aliens built the pyramids. I believed big foot, loch ness, and mothman were all real creatures. I believed all the oopart, and believed somewhere in the world, an apatosaurus still lives.

I have grown and no long believe these fallacies, because ATS has made me smarter and I can use reason more logically. I was with ATS through high school, through college, through my years in the navy, through graduate school. During my move from Pittsburgh, PA to Austin, TX. To my first grown up job making more money in 3 months than I made the entire year before.

So to make this post really worthwhile, I present to you all my very first ATS thread... (please don't judge me on my spelling and grammar, honestly - I don't remember being that awful at it. I'm better now, I promise. I mean I have a masters degree in education haha)

From February 21, 2005:

"Could somone please help me with this religion, like tell me what its all about and stuff, because i was born catholic and raised catholic, but really tryed to think in atheism terms, but i just cant think that were here then we die, there has to be something more, so i would like to get interested about scientology because i just have never really believed in god, it just seems too vaug of a storie, i mean the bible, i do not believe it is true but merely a story or a long prophesy of some sort, i do believe in the alins with egypt thing alot alot alot... "

So, what was your firs-ever ATS thread?

Thanks for being here ATS, here to the next 10 year.
edit on 12/11/2014 by Schmidt1989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Schmidt1989

In at the deep end right from the start...

How bias is the BBC in what you read?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Congrats on your ten years! Very cool.
Also good on ya for putting up your first thread. Not me though - too embarrassed. lol!

edit on 12/12/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Schmidt1989

CONGRATULATIONS!

To 10 wonderful years on ATS! I am impressed with your life; you have accomplished a lot!

edit on 2014-12-12T08:53:23-06:00amFridayam12201412America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

edit on 2014-12-12T08:54:54-06:00amFridayam12201412America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

top topics

join