It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

site went down an hour or so ago....now an issue with timing out?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: stumason

The DDoS mitigation might cause some issues with posting in some browsers. Not much we can do about that. Sorry.

No worries, these things happen! I did manage to get some work done in between swearing at my screen

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
For the tool kit:

Is it down right now?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Oh I thought it was just me and my unruly laptop.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
4o4ed to death on my end.

That dam Syrian electronic army.......curse you!!!!!!!
edit on 11-12-2014 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
ATS works on my mac, been almost unusable on my android smartphone the last two days.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
getting redirect errors. and time out

FYI

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Important video to watch if ATS goes down:

What to do if ATS goes down

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
So who's targeting us?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Just FYI for anyone who cares - 4:30 am Friday ... having issues getting on.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
ive had no problems for the last several hours

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I have noticed that the way ATS appears on my tablet is different. It now looks the same as it does on my laptop with avatars to the side in full view, not just name and part of member above a post. The navigation bar is now at the top rather than an icon that has to be clicked to show features such as Recent, New, Forums, etc. Nice, someone has been hard at work to improve things, but maybe this is causing the glitch?

Had to hit refresh twice to post this...

edit on 12/12/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Still getting issues here but we just have to deal with it as best we can until things are sorted.

If post won't go, do what another member suggested and refresh the page and it should post okay.

PS: I'm using firefox.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: stumason

The DDoS mitigation might cause some issues with posting in some browsers. Not much we can do about that. Sorry.

hey SO, any ideas why this site is getting hit? it's not like we are SONY or anything.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Good link to have handy.

Another one that's a bit more basic but does the same job is Down For Everyone Or Just Me (dot) com.

Always worth checking sites like these when you get major issues with a site, specially if you can't get on at all. If the answer comes back "it's just you" then at least you know your problem is local and you can start your trouble-shooting regime on that basis.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I can also report that Firefox seems to be handling loading ATS better right now than Chrome.

With Chrome I'm getting a lot of "Web Page Not Found", or 504 errors. Not really any of those with Firefox.

However, I am getting the time out problem even with Firefox when replying to posts.

The answer for that (for now) is to copy what you wrote FIRST before you hit the reply button. Then if you get the time out, you can just go back, and reply again by quickly pasting what you copied and then hitting reply. Works like a charm for now.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

This one shows where denial of service (DOS) attacks are occurring by region.

akamai

Heres another to play with.

Digital Attack Map

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

hey SO, any ideas why this site is getting hit? it's not like we are SONY or anything.

Probably payback for SO's thread on cia torture.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I can also report that Firefox seems to be handling loading ATS better right now than Chrome.

With Chrome I'm getting a lot of "Web Page Not Found", or 504 errors. Not really any of those with Firefox.

However, I am getting the time out problem even with Firefox when replying to posts.

The answer for that (for now) is to copy what you wrote FIRST before you hit the reply button. Then if you get the time out, you can just go back, and reply again by quickly pasting what you copied and then hitting reply. Works like a charm for now.

Let's try it again.

It only works about 2 out of 5 times for me. I am keeping my post short because I an on a lousy cell and I have lost way too many post today, even using your suggestion.

I am ready to throw in the towel for today.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I'm still having issues as well (firefox browser as well)

....but it is nice to know that simply refreshing can often allow me to post.
I lost two lengthy posts this morning because I went back to the thread and it was gone.

Nice to know I don't have to do that...thanks to all that posted that information.

I'll just cope for now.

ETA: Timed out when I attempted to post this one....BUT, didn't lose it this time.

edit on 12-12-2014 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
the ATS page just sort of froze up...
so I just went over to SQ and several other sites with op-ed/news

@ 10:42 am eastern, it all works here on ATS

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join