It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitol Hill's Black Staffers Walk Out to Say ‘Hands Up, Don't Shoot!’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
"Protesting doesn't work WAHHH"

Well apparently somethings working but what is it?

Source

African American Congressional staffers staged a walkout Thursday afternoon, disrupting their workday to gather on the Capitol steps in a display of unity with demonstrations against the Eric Garner and Mike Brown grand jury decisions.

Im really disappointed about one thing, why only black? Holy **** people we need to come together on these issues please tell me your education taught you something?

Progress but i expect more then this.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Good for them...this will send another powerful message to the guys on top.
I agree people from every race should have joined them.
I wonder If they told anyone else (people of different colour) or justkept it to themselves? you would have thought If they did tell everyone many races would be there.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

yeah i dont get it, why would you stop other people from supporting a cause you care about?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

If you'd bothered to read your own article it says they worked with an Asian American group and a Hispanic American group on The Hill. The article does NOT say they prevented anybody from joining them, which is backed up by the white people in the picture, as well as the olive complected people also in the picture.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Can someone put up the pic? my virus software is going mad on the link.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm sure plenty of people would join of all colors, but, per the usual in these cases, it's automatically assumed that whites are never ever on the receiving end of any kind of police brutality or have any reason to fear the cops.

As a poor white, I beg to differ, but I'm sure that somebody will be along in a moment to tell me to check my privilege.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
if 100 percent of congressional staff would walk off the job, that's the kind of government shutdown I could get behind

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Just google it. There's multiple articles about it up in the last little bit. I'm mobile so I can't help. Sorry man

Most of the articles also have multiple pictures. Sorry, left that out.
edit on 11-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Add

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Just did and yes their are many people there.

Good for them all...really does send a powerful message.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

yeah i dont get it, why would you stop other people from supporting a cause you care about?

There have been requested from the Black Community that Whites take 'a back seat' in this and support from the sidelines. They've had their issues co-opted before and have learned from it.

We need to respect that - and support them by talking to other White and Brown people.

I think there was an ATS thread on the subject, can't find it (wonderful search function).
edit on 11-12-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

If you'd bothered to read your own article it says they worked with an Asian American group and a Hispanic American group on The Hill. The article does NOT say they prevented anybody from joining them, which is backed up by the white people in the picture, as well as the olive complected people also in the picture.

I have to say I agree with that up to a point.
I also applaud the government workers in the bloc making a stand like like they did, and it sends out a message. The protests on the ground are more all of the people representative though, and probably unlike the capitol protest, they have to contend with undercovers with various agenda.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They should be fired, nobody ever had their hands up saying don't shoot in the cases they cite. Walking off your job over lies and getting away with it just because of your skin color, the privileged minority strikes again.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

What's there to disagree with? The multiple pictures?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Can someone put up the pic? my virus software is going mad on the link.

Here's one, The Op's picture is a Getty image,

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Wow its nearly 2015 and people still say stuff like this, cause there minorities they wont get fired for showing solidarity in a protest move.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
They should be fired, nobody ever had their hands up saying don't shoot in the cases they cite. Walking off your job over lies and getting away with it just because of your skin color, the privileged minority strikes again.

Not much of a supporter of the constitution are ya?
edit on 11-12-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Not much of a supporter of the constitution are ya?

Where does the Constitution support lies?

(post by elementalgrove removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: smurfy

What's there to disagree with? The multiple pictures?

I see just the one in the link, and there are some white faces there, while the grist of the story says it is about a black american protest, while others have joined in too, and in that I agreed with your post. Away from the more rarefied atmosphere of Capitol there is much more of a consensus, and more pictures. and as I said, not likely to be undercover police whatever in the ranks at Capitol Hill's protest to do their shenanigans as seen on the streets, carrying rocks, guns canisters and doing vandalism. Thing is the OP was somewhat singular in the OP, but so were you as if coming from another tack, there is a need to address the lack of white faces too. Government workers are not here today, gone tomorrow people they are long term.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Wow thats way more than these guys,,

Seems like there is a new party on the Hill.

"One-third of the Congressional Black Caucus members have been named in an ethics probe during their career."

unquote.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join