It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Blocks Feds From Targeting Medical Marijuana, Hemp Cultivation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Its about time the executive branch of government get involved in this disgraceful war against consciousness and the free market.

Huff post

“This is a victory for so many, including scores of our wounded veterans, who have found marijuana to be an important medicine for some of the ailments they suffer, such as PTSD, epilepsy and MS," Rohrabacher added.

Its about damn time someone in congress say something thats true.

Your move oil and the petro dollar, your move big pharma.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Dec 11 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
But they won't respect the D.C. vote...

Waiting for PA. I actually was diagnosed with glaucoma. It explains the headaches and such. I could go five miles to Delaware and get it legally. Or I can suffer over an invisible boundary. It's getting worse by the day. And no I havent used for almost a year...
edit on 11-12-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

And it should be noted that people other than veterans can suffer from PTSD. I do. Havent seen combat, but have suffered from trauma that has taken me years to even try to start coping with. I didnt sign up for it either.
edit on 11-12-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thats not the only interesting piece of news i have read today. I fount this on the LA Times.

Opening the door for what could be a lucrative and controversial new industry on some Native American reservations, the Justice Department on Thursday will tell U.S. attorneys to not prevent tribes from growing or selling marijuana on the sovereign lands, even in states that ban the practice. The new guidance, released in a memorandum, will be implemented on a case-by-case basis and tribes must still follow federal guidelines, said Timothy Purdon, the U.S. attorney for North Dakota and the chairman of the Attorney General's Subcommittee on Native American Issues.

It might open some doors to new and interesting issues with illegal states. I see it as the precursor to decriminalization of marijuana at a federal level.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

They cant stop it theyve been trying for decades.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

My thiughts on this are few and simple. Stupid law is stupid.

However, if they allow reservations to grow it,n its only a matter of time before there are trafficking rings nation wide. I mean, they cant stop everyone coming from a reservation just because.

I really think this is a preview of things to come.

new topics

top topics

join