It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pacific Coast Storm: It's Gonna Get Bigger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So I just caught an article from SouthernC aliforniaWeatherForce.com ( some domain name there... ) stating that the storm us west-coastians are seeing right now is going to get a bit more powerful before it's over.

I'm not quite up to speed ( I'm sure someone here is ) on what exactly storm categories are indicative of; but we've just been upgraded to a likely Category 5 [
]( Yeah IDK... ) with heavy thunder and 'tornadic conditions' on the horizon. I'll say now that the local temperature was on its way down before this storm got here, and it's getting pretty chilly out there right now - and the reality of the storm still hasn't made it's way to where I am yet. I expect hail and probably some snow at higher altitudes in the area; which is rare for the area.

I find it a little interesting that they're predicting CATEGORY 5555555 conditions by tomorrow where I'm at, but I have yet to see more than a consistent hour of sprinkling, and we're getting flooding in San Fran? I'm a little skeptical that it'll turn out as crazy as they're claiming where I'm at, but if it does, it pretty well concerns me for everyone else in the state - as we are pretty notoriously one of the least affected regions in the nation...

Anyway... It's looking like it's gonna be a good show if nothing else - but my best wishes and prayers go out to anyone that might be caught in the wrong place at the wrong time during all of this; be safe out there.

[insert pun about people getting worse at driving at the first sight of rain]
edit on 11-12-2014 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

Expect massive mudslides.

Damn the California weather. First no rain, and then an apocalyptic storm.
edit on 12/11/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Northern end of the coast, so far nearly no rain, some wind but not extreme. Maybe it is missing us here even though it didn't look like it on the weather channel.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Isn't this storm from the Pineapple Express system? Wow, that movie is finally biting them back LOL! So glad I left the Bay Area before it becomes simply The Bay

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Right?

Wait for the unexpected twist: That earthquake that's been brewing under all of that rock-solid dirt - now much looser. Concerns me.

California... *sigh*

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

originally posted by: onequestion

Right?

Wait for the unexpected twist: That earthquake that's been brewing under all of that rock-solid dirt - now much looser. Concerns me.

California... *sigh*

Yes, we call this Earthquake weather.

I am on a hill near the ocean northern Los Angeles. Suppose to hit tonight.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So you'll be seeing Brad Pitt floating by in a few hours

Just kidding, be safe, above it was pointed out that the loose dirt can complicate the quakes. I am not a scientist at all, but I can imagine wet earth and shakes are not a good combination.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Annee

So you'll be seeing Brad Pitt floating by in a few hours

Just kidding, be safe, above it was pointed out that the loose dirt can complicate the quakes. I am not a scientist at all, but I can imagine wet earth and shakes are not a good combination.

Don't know about Brad Pitt.

Jimmy Kimmell and a bunch of athletes. Lakers, Kings, Dodgers etc.

edit on 11-12-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Im 10 minutes south of Santa Cruz, about 1130 it started coming down hard for like 20 minutes and after that it hasn't seemed as severe as it was made out to be. Im sure in the mountains its been more intense but nothing to crazy yet.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Now it makes sense as to why there was ServePro Disaster relief stationed down the street at the local high school lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I will pray to my noexistant GOD as he gets things DONE that i've seen and I am supposed to.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Where i live on the west coast we got hit by 2 days off heavy rain winds of up to 100km an hour, tons of flooding and damage from the wind.

new topics

top topics

join