It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Strikes vs. Enhanced Interrogations

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

why are we equating left right to this. Were supposed to be ABOVE this Were ABOVEtopsecret.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

If we were being ABOVE top secret. We would be talking about current events.

Not something that has been rehashed for over a DECADE just because Feinsteins party got their snips kicked in the midterms.

Once again the country has already had this conversation.

I guess some people just don't want to talk about the current administration, they keep having to play the 'bush card'.
edit on 11-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: chuck258
How are we still the bully?

The United States has a long and storied history of being a brutal bully and acting irreproachable about it.

That is being generous...

We have taken what we wanted. Killed rightfully elected leaders. Crushed Economies.

Tortured some people. We have even killed families as they slept.

We even hanged a leader like a common Horse Thief.

And people want to talk about Waterboarding...

Murica
edit on 11-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: chuck258

What are you talking about have you seen how terrorist are trying to recruit through social media. how ther eposting there propaganda video's? they are using technology this is not the 1980's Afghanistan.

The recruitment arm of terrorists is not the same group that is actually launching attacks on us.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Look your right about that there should be outrage over drone strikes. I'm outraged by it and have posted dozens of times my outrage. However, we get stuck when we start comparing this outrage to that outrage and confusing issues.

Simplify. We're not talking about drone strikes today, we're talking about Torture. Le'ts put those criminals in prison first and then tackle Drone strikes next week.

Don't try to muddy the waters and confuse things.

This is what always happens....we confuse issues, compare that to this. Simplify. We know torture is bad. That's the hot topic issue of the day so lets deal with it like Americans. Head on and fast.
edit on 11-12-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: chuck258

and to me its honor that gives you the ability to LIVE with yourself.

To me, honor is making sure my family and the lives of other Americans are kept safe even if I have to make a sacrifice. I spent 4 years in the Marine Corps and went to Afghanistan twice. I, along with the countless thousands of service members fought the Taliban in their backyard so we didn't have to fight them in ours. THAT is honor to me.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Look your right about that there should be outrage over drone strikes. I'm outraged by it and have posted dozens of times my outrage. However, we get stuck when we start comparing this outrage to that outrage and confusing issues.

Simplify. We're not talking about drone strikes today, we're talking about Torture. Le'ts but those criminals in prison first and then tackle Drone strikes next week.

It's the exact same people...

That's kind of the point.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: amazing

Simplify. We're not talking about drone strikes today, we're talking about Torture. Le'ts but those criminals in prison first and then tackle Drone strikes next week.

It's the exact same people...

That's kind of the point.

Got it but...Let's deal with one crime at a time then other wise nothing will be done. We don't want that do we? Put these barbarians in prison and then we'll bring out for the drone strike trial after that and then bring in any of the new criminals from the Obama Administration and so on. Let's do this right.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

If we aborted terrorists they wouldn't have nothing to snip about.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: whyamIhere

If we aborted terrorists they wouldn't have nothing to snip about.

So your pro-abortion.

Got it.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Pointing out the cognitive dissonance when it comes to torture, and 'humane' treatment of people.

But we all know the left really wouldn't give a rats behind if the Limbah's,Hannities, and Becks were tortured.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Pointing out the cognitive dissonance when it comes to torture, and 'humane' treatment of people.

But we all know the left really wouldn't give a rats behind if the Limbah's,Hannities, and Becks were tortured.

No, those three of mental disabilities and need some professional help.

It's never right to torture anyone. Ever... under any circumstances. We're America, and we're better than that. Put these barbarians in prison. (The torturers...not the lunatics on the radio.)
edit on 11-12-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

How the hell can we do that ?

WE tried putting them in prison same people snipping about torture whine about prison.

To NOW where we just kill them straight out.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Ok, instant death vs weeks and months and years of torture.

Gee

I wonder which is worse.

Torture techniques that we actually tried as war crimes against Nazi Germany, now is ok. but drone strikes are bad.

How the hell does this make any sense? How the hell does this even constitute a debate?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'm not, and have never defended them. They are just as morally corrupt as the USA, but not as dangerous!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

No, we aren't defending ISIS, we are defending our moral high ground, (or what one we used to have)

No information from any of the detainees we have had under our care for a decade would have led us to know that ISIS was coming or what they were capable of or who they are or who their leaders are.

NOTHING

Torture did not teach us squat.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

How the hell can we do that ?

WE tried putting them in prison same people snipping about torture whine about prison.

To NOW where we just kill them straight out.

Not good to kill anyone but Prison and Death and much better then torture in many instances.

And I'm talking about putting Cheney and Bush and Brennan and those CIA operatives in prison for war crimes. This will go a long way towards stopping other people in the USA from doing this in the future.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Torture is horrible. Drone strikes are horrible. Neither side is right. We're a nation led by war criminals hiding behind a facade of peace and liberty and pointing fingers at eachother.

Torture doesn't work. History has proven that it doesn't work. Put anyone in that position and they will tell you whatever you want to hear just to put an end to their suffering. Don't let the imbecile pundits twist the story to make you think that our war crimes were justified.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

What moral high ground?

wariscrime.com...
edit on 11-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join