It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Strikes vs. Enhanced Interrogations

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

It's just Bush is long gone. The report is mostly old information.

Yeah it is. The country ALREADY had this 'debate' a decade ago. and because of it the current potus, and his party were put in to power.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

No sir that would be the P.C. crowd who wanted less aggressive names in the military.
THEN to get RID of the military...in favor of kinder gentler boys who would acquiess to a more loyal dutiful performance.
Bad asses and hard hitters escape behind JSOC or get booted for drinking.

OR the McNamarra crowd who thought up the flowery report words engagment and such.
I wish to point out due to the seperation of military and Govt,we don't know a FRACTION.
Most bullcrap now is on ships from what I've heard. like that dumb film.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If torture was so bad ?

Why did hollywood that 'left' wing stronghold make a big joke out of it all with Harold, and Kumar go to Gitmo?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
After these things are over, the terrorist and potential terrorist are still alive. Obama says these things go against our values but drone strikes killing innocent men, women and children are in line with our values?

Couldn't agree more.

I personally think drones should be equipped with Artificial Intelligence because this is a way to reduce human error. Allow the drones equipped with A.I. to kill the target.

Dear Sweet Jesus who-art in Heaven...what the F#$%#% are you saying ? ????? You have GOT to be delusional? And no, I'm not someone who just watches ScyFy reruns of the Terminator. I kinda sorta know a thing or two about the cold logic and cold reasoning of computers. You do NOT want that. There is such a thing of fuzzy logic. And it can apply BOTH ways.

Put down the crack pipe....and...back away SLOWLY.....

Like I said, the terrorist who experienced these enhanced interrogations are still alive. Their still eating a hot meal and reading the Koran.

Honestly, this sounds all rosey...and I'm not anti-interrogation and torture....rather....I realize and acknowledge the truth of the matter. We are talking about a lifetime of physical and psychological scars. Were they the enemy? Yes. Was it your survival versus theirs? Sure.....

But do NOT downplay the aftermath of what you use to win. Respect your power, and be reverent of it.

Such Hypocrisy!

Couldn't agree more!

- NF

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

YEAH they do ,I am moral.
89% of us are.(At a guess)
We just react to threat situations with extreme responses as our enemy dictates.
It isn't at ALL something to be accepted YOU ACCEPT war or haven't stopped it yet, so then here we are.
edit on 11-12-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
(engage hippy idealist mode)

i vote neither. can't we all just get along? i mean really. wtf is humanity playing at? STILL? this species needs to learn how to learn.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

We just react to threat situations with extreme responses as our enemy dictates.

You react to threat situations with extreme responses and still lose the war...that must burn like a fire.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: neoholographic

So I am going to take issue with you on the language that you used. you called it enhance interrogation. No its torture. Don't feed into their agenda and use their made up words and vocabulary. Tell me what enhanced interrogation even means. I am sure Cheney made it up one day.

Torture: According to merriam-webster: You liberals love specific definitions and to cry about verbiage and political incorrectness:

1tor·ture
noun ˈtȯr-chər

: the act of causing severe physical pain as a form of punishment or as a way to force someone to do or say something

: something that causes mental or physical suffering : a very painful or unpleasant experience
Full Definition of TORTURE
a : anguish of body or mind : agony
b : something that causes agony or pain
: the infliction of intense pain (as from burning, crushing, or wounding) to punish, coerce, or afford sadistic pleasure
: distortion or overrefinement of a meaning or an argument :

I wasn't aware pouring water on someone's face while it was covered with a rag was the same as sticking someone's hand in a vice and cranking down or piling rocks on his chest.

Boo-Hoo, they made them go without sleep and splashed them with cold water, if that is your definition of torture then virtually everyone in the world is guilty of it.

Liberals are guilty of double standards left and right. Out of one corner of their mouth they will say 'White people owe black people money because of slavery more than 150 years ago" and out the other corner of their mouth they will drivel complete disregard for the time pressures the CIA was under in the early 2000's. With what we know now, it's easy to say 'we didn't need to torture them for that!', but that is the exact reason they were interrogated in the first place. You are not going to get information out of a hardened terrorist by simply asking them for it. Civilized coercive methods are required. Suck it up. We are not pulling fingernails, crushing limbs or putting them on a rack. We are splashing water on their face, and keeping them up past their bed time. If the CIA is guilty and should be held accountable for that then so should you for what you or I did to our parents.
edit on 11-12-2014 by chuck258 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Let me punch you in the face a couple times. If you manage to sit there and take more than 3 blows without flinching, pushing me back or punching me back, your argument will have some validity to it. If you do not respond to an attack, it only emboldens them. If you let that bully at school push you around and take your lunch money today and offer no resistance, he's going to do it tomorrow. The minute you break his nose after he pushed you 9/10 times they will back down. You Liberals live in a complete frickin fantasy world I swear. You want America to not defend herself. You want justice to be dealt to those who have committed crimes against our country and you think that us simply walking up to the door that they are going to come quietly. It truly baffles my mind how willfully ignorant you all are.

edit on 11-12-2014 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Maybe you should read at least the bullet points huh?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

whether its physical or psychological pain torture it's still used to garner information. waterboarding gives you the sensation that your drowning right. that's psychological pain which carried out on an effective deep level can be even more damaging then physical pain.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Oups wrong thread sorry
edit on 11-12-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

To be fair, America "defended herself" after attacks on 9/11 via the invasion of Afghanistan.

What we're doing now? Now WE'RE the bully.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

and this isn't a left right issue its a moral vs immoral issue. Its a having honor and being dishonorable issue.

And this can't be a real issue can it? I mean can't the NSA With the implementation of the sky net grid push a button and get most of the information they want?

Torturing is the old archaic way of getting info right>

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

To be fair, America "defended herself" after attacks on 9/11 via the invasion of Afghanistan.

What we're doing now? Now WE'RE the bully.

We defended ourselves from organized terrorism when we invaded Afghanistan, we were pursuing justice when we were interrogating men who were enemies of the United States.

How are we still the bully? We have a battalion sized element in Iraq right now that is reinforcing the Iraqi army that we spent our own money and own resources on to develop for 10 years. And the only troops we have in Afghanistan are in a training and support role and we are using our own resources to give them reasonable Air Support.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

and this isn't a left right issue its a moral vs immoral issue. Its a having honor and being dishonorable issue.

And this can't be a real issue can it? I mean can't the NSA With the implementation of the sky net grid push a button and get most of the information they want?

Torturing is the old archaic way of getting info right>

Honor does not keep you alive and give you the ability to sit and condemn and bash the country you are blessed to live in. If someone breaks into my house through my window I'm not going to take the time to see if he has a gun or knife or bat then meet him with equal force, I'm going to shoot his ass until he stops, screw taking the time to aim for his leg. If you say you would do that then you are a liar because you are incapable of seeing yourself in a dire circumstance and giving honest dialog as to what you would do. It's like the people who say "if I was stranded on an island with another person I would never eat him even if he died of natural causes!" because you are sitting in an air conditioned/heated solid shelter with a full belly.

You defeat true real opposition with overwhelming force, quit lying to yourself.

EDIT: Also, terrorists are not as stupid as the left likes to claim. They know America has the technological advantage so they refrain from using it. Pushing the skynet button is not going to find someone who has no computer or cell phone or any form of electronic communication.
edit on 11-12-2014 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Oh so now it's about morality ?

Ya know there are other examples of the LEFTS hypocrisy over torture.

What do people think happens to that clump of cells that eventually grows in to a LIVING, THINKING, BREATHING human being.

Selective outrage on a multitude of levels.

edit on 11-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
How are we still the bully?

The United States has a long and storied history of being a brutal bully and acting irreproachable about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

What are you talking about have you seen how terrorist are trying to recruit through social media. how ther eposting there propaganda video's? they are using technology this is not the 1980's Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

and to me its honor that gives you the ability to LIVE with yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join