It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Strikes vs. Enhanced Interrogations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Wrong!

A quick Google search will show you the extreme abuse from Prison Guards to Prisoners.

www.google.com...

Like I said, some of these things are being Prosecuted.

The DOJ isn't prosecuting because MEMBERS OF CONGRESS approved of these techniques when they were told about them.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Lay off the personal stuff bud i already asked you nicely, you just cant understand that your tittle is propaganda and your callin me a cry baby wow, again go read the definition of torture that should help sort it out.

Plz stop deflecting torture is not enhance interrogation, not that hard to understand.

Whats your point with people in jail?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Inmate abuse by guards sadly is something that will be very hard to tamp down. Many prison guards choose the occupation specifically FOR the opportunity to abuse inmates. The reasons for this are varied and run the gamut of feeling powerless at home, insecurity, plain ol' sadism and genuine fear that if you don't show inmates you're crazy and abusive, they'll overpower you.

I don't think it's really a problem with the SYSTEM, but rather perhaps a need to tighten hiring requirements and testing for prison guards. Sadly, the prison industry is already trying deal with some of the highest turnover rates of any position in the US, so they kinda take who they can get.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Dude, you've made your point multiple times. That horse is dead, put down the stick.
He ain't changing the title. So either accept it and contribute to the discussion or take your ball and go home.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Im sorry did i offend you with the truth, im not the one talking about jails

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Offending? No.
Annoying? That may be a better word.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Nope, it's Enhanced Interrogations and this is why the DOJ isn't Prosecuting because they went to Members of Congress.

Nothing personal, I'm just stating a fact. I said People cry and complain about Torture but it's not torture. The techniques were approved by the DOJ and Congress.

Like I said, hundreds have been killed by Drones, the people who went through these techniques are still alive and kicking.

My point about people in jail, is they suffer just as much if not worse while in Prison. Where are your threads complaining about the torture in Prisons?

Like I said, it's just hypocrisy.

Here's what Obama's C.I.A. Chief just said:

Brennan: Enhanced interrogation intel 'helped catch Bin Laden'

Information gained from prisoners who were subject to enhanced interrogation techniques helped in the effort to locate and kill Osama Bin Laden, the CIA's director has said.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Dude, you've made your point multiple times. That horse is dead, put down the stick.
He ain't changing the title. So either accept it and contribute to the discussion or take your ball and go home.

Exactly, the fact is people can't stomach there own hypocrisy.

People are crying about U.S. morals over these techniques being used while Drones are killing innocent man, women and children.

I don't know how this makes any sense.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Wow so its legalized torture and you believing it, oh and calling me an hypocrite you sir are fantastic. I will leave you fellows to keep on making things as they go.

I couldent let it go one last thing so torture is legal why are you worrying about drone attacks there legal too just wait the people
In power will make a true lol.
edit on 11-12-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Nope, it's enhanced interrogation and pouring water on the head of three terrorist is nothing compared to killing 9 and 10 year old children with Drone strikes.

It's just about politics and the last hoorah from Democrats as they're about to lose the Senate.

You can't claim moral outrage over waterboarding 3 terrorist while 7 and 10 year olds are being killed by Drones.

IT'S BLATANT HYPOCRISY!!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I never claimed
To be outraged thats what your op is about, man your all over the place
I must have hit a soft spot, torture is torture even if someone says its legal.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Thats the same guy at the CIA under the CLinton,Bush, and Obama presidencies.

Seems to me he would know what he is talking about.

Brennan began his CIA career as an analyst, presumably in the Washington D.C. area, and spent 25 years with the agency.[2][6][17] At one point in his career, he was a daily intelligence briefer for President Bill Clinton.[6] In 1996 he was CIA station chief in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia when the Khobar Towers bombing killed 19 U.S. servicemen.[6] In 1999 he was appointed chief of staff to George Tenet, then-Director of the CIA.[3][6] Brennan became deputy executive director of the CIA in March 2001.[3] He was director of the newly created Terrorist Threat Integration Center from 2003 to 2004, an office that sifted through and compiled information for President Bush's daily top secret intelligence briefings and employed the services of analysts from a dozen U.S. agencies and entities.[18] One of the controversies in his career involves the distribution of intelligence to the Bush White House that helped lead to an "Orange Terror Alert", over Christmas 2003. The intelligence, which purported to list terror targets, was highly controversial within the CIA and was later discredited. An Obama administration official does not dispute that Brennan distributed the intelligence during the Bush era but said Brennan passed it along because that was his job.[19] His last post within the Intelligence Community was as director of the National Counterterrorism Center in 2004 and 2005, which incorporated information on terrorist activities across U.S. agencies.[3][20]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 11-12-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

No it isn't torture and Drone strikes prove my point.

If we have to call these things torture then the same people complaining about these techniques are saying we torture people in Prison because there are things that happen in prison that's worse than some of these techniques.

I just saw a Democrat on TV talking about we need to take the moral high ground.

This is a stupid and silly thing to say. There's no moral high ground when you're fighting against terrorist who want to work in the shadows so they can kill as many of you as they can.

We can't claim any moral high ground when we're killing innocent 8 and 10 year old boys and girls with drone strikes.

So to cry and complain about what C.I.A, Chief Brennan called Enhanced Interrogation Techniques is just futile because pouring water over 3 terrorists head is nothing compared to this:

There's no moral high ground while we're fighting terrorist. That's why crying and complaining about waterboarding three terrorist make no sense.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Thats the same guy at the CIA under the CLinton,Bush, and Obama presidencies.

Seems to me he would know what he is talking about.

Brennan began his CIA career as an analyst, presumably in the Washington D.C. area, and spent 25 years with the agency.[2][6][17] At one point in his career, he was a daily intelligence briefer for President Bill Clinton.[6] In 1996 he was CIA station chief in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia when the Khobar Towers bombing killed 19 U.S. servicemen.[6] In 1999 he was appointed chief of staff to George Tenet, then-Director of the CIA.[3][6] Brennan became deputy executive director of the CIA in March 2001.[3] He was director of the newly created Terrorist Threat Integration Center from 2003 to 2004, an office that sifted through and compiled information for President Bush's daily top secret intelligence briefings and employed the services of analysts from a dozen U.S. agencies and entities.[18] One of the controversies in his career involves the distribution of intelligence to the Bush White House that helped lead to an "Orange Terror Alert", over Christmas 2003. The intelligence, which purported to list terror targets, was highly controversial within the CIA and was later discredited. An Obama administration official does not dispute that Brennan distributed the intelligence during the Bush era but said Brennan passed it along because that was his job.[19] His last post within the Intelligence Community was as director of the National Counterterrorism Center in 2004 and 2005, which incorporated information on terrorist activities across U.S. agencies.[3][20]

en.wikipedia.org...

Exactly!!

And again, Democrats keep talking about the moral high ground while Drone strikes kill innocent children.

There's no moral high ground while we're fighting terrorist and there's no need for this fake outrage over waterboarding 3 terrorists when we're doing this:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I disagree that it's selective outrage.

I'm sure if/when we are given a report on the immoral drone campaign the same people denouncing Torture will be there to denounce drones.

I know I will.

All this is, is a sweeping generalisation against Democrats...

That doesn't bother me that much people can stay in their partisan bubble all they want, but don't claim the moral high ground in this situation.
None of them have the moral high ground.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I disagree that it's selective outrage.

I'm sure if/when we are given a report on the immoral drone campaign the same people denouncing Torture will be there to denounce drones.

I know I will.

All this is, is a sweeping generalisation against Democrats...

That doesn't bother me that much people can stay in their partisan bubble all they want, but don't claim the moral high ground in this situation.
None of them have the moral high ground.

There is no moral high ground.

It's just Bush is long gone. The report is mostly old information.

There won't be a report about Drone Murders.

That's kind of why I keep saying selective outrage.

Anyone not consumed by Partisan madness can see they are both wrong.

Also, those remarks were for the people orgasmic about more Bush wrongdoings.

Maybe, I was too general with my comments...If I was I apologize.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

U.S. morals .

Those words do not fit together any more.

originally posted by: neoholographic whining and crying

Nice attempt to diminish legitimate concerns.

I agree, however much this pains me, that there needs to be equal scrutiny and outcry over the drone strikes.

IMO the USA is really a rogue terrorist nation. Certainly, you are one of the oddest nations on Earth.
edit on 11-12-2014 by aorAki because: formatting

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Bush is still living and breathing.

Many Nazi war criminals are charged in their 80s & 90s so that's no excuse.

There won't be a report if the people don't ask for it.
That's up to the constituents and citizens of the U.S. to speak up about, like many did with this torture programme & Guantanamo.

Republicans are just as orgasmic about Obama's wrongdoings are they not?
It's the hypocrisy that does my nut in...
That goes for Dems as well.

I support the Dems with this report and I'd support the GOP if a drone report is compiled and released.

The only thing I think about this report that's wrong is using the CIA as a scapegoat for the money men.

As for George Bush, he has a nickname that share his initials...
& it's also a well known "interrogation centre" in Cuba.
That's an experienced opinion though, not a documented fact.

No need to apologise though my friend, I know where you stand pal and I agree with you most of the time.

edit on 11-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

There is quite a bit of outrage from the actual left, but the media ignores it.

Drone strikes are just as bad as torture. War in general is evil. It's time to stop downplaying all of it and anyone justifying any of it should be deeply ashamed and check if they're still human. Single acts of terror, no matter how horrific do not justify what we've done in retaliation. If our government is so goddamn concerned about the homeland being safe, leave our soldiers and all our ludicrous apparatus here at home.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join