It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Strikes vs. Enhanced Interrogations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There's all of this whining and crying over enhanced interrogation from Democrats and John McCain but where's the 6,000 page report and outrage over Obama's drone army that kills innocent man, women and children?

Three terrorist were waterboarded and I actually heard a Democrat on CNN complaining about putting a terrorist into a dark room and doing sleep deprivation. We do that when we put prisoners into the hole. So cry me a river.

After these things are over, the terrorist and potential terrorist are still alive. Obama says these things go against our values but drone strikes killing innocent men, women and children are in line with our values?

I personally think drones should be equipped with Artificial Intelligence because this is a way to reduce human error. Allow the drones equipped with A.I. to kill the target.

Joe Scarborough simply rips Obama and the Democrats on this:

Like I said, the terrorist who experienced these enhanced interrogations are still alive. Their still eating a hot meal and reading the Koran.

When will Feinstein and other Democrats release the report on Obama's drone army? McCain cries about waterboarding but sings bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran and supports drone attacks.

Such Hypocrisy!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Oh my that basterd obumer its really al is fault lol, my guy is much less evil than your guy.

Good luck with that

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Your thread will be ignored even though you are spot on.

Some on this site are so ate up with partisan BS they have selective outrage.

Anything that can shame Bush will go for 40 pages +

Yet, their guy sits their and blows the hell out of sleeping families on the ground.

Their hypocrisy and double standard is staggering...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I hear you, but the optics in drones is a generation better than last designs.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

So I am going to take issue with you on the language that you used. you called it enhance interrogation. No its torture. Don't feed into their agenda and use their made up words and vocabulary. Tell me what enhanced interrogation even means. I am sure Cheney made it up one day.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Its just more kool aid drinkers pretending there side is better, same clowns doing the same crap lol. Enjoy your morning obama bashing
edit on 11-12-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: whyamIhere

Its just more kool aid drinkers pretending there side is better, same clowns doing the same crap lol. Enjoy your morning obama bashing

You know I will...

Have a great day.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

McCain cries about waterboarding but sings bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran and supports drone attacks.

Such Hypocrisy!

Theres your sign. Never mind the destroyed nations, heres a few victims to occupy your mind.

About AI drones? Piloted drones 'mistakenly' take out weddings and funerals, not sure that Artificially intelligent ones will do any better.

Whats a group of terrors 'look like'?

Signature strikes

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Good post, but it's wrong to say one is okay because the other is worse. Which I'm not sure if that's what you're saying but regardless, torture is wrong and Bombing people with drones is wrong. And giving an AI control over life and death is a very slippery slope. If you have an AI firing these missiles sure there will be less error. But what happens if the target is in a civilian saturated area? A human can see this and say "okay let's wait until he moves to a remote location" (even though they probably won't), but if you have a computer designed for 100% accuracy and effectiveness, it will take the shot no matter the circumstances.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Niether , both are cowardly and unprincipled , drone strikes just make it easy and safe to kill people and torture is pointless and ineffective.

I personally think drones should be equipped with Artificial Intelligence because this is a way to reduce human error.

Thankfully that is a long way off , the thought of autonomous killing machines in the sky chills my soul.

edit on 11-12-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Gooood.. Goooood...

Let the hate flow through you.

Buy into the Us Vs. Them mentality, hate them.

Those pesky Democrats, and their shady dealings. Surely the far right is the path of virtue... strike them down.

Seriously? Who still buys into this whole two-party system and constant "Blame the other guys" rhetoric?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Torture is only defined as permanent bodily damage.

What the hell do people think a drone does?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

All of your concerns were heard by drone manufactures and have done major improvement over prior designs.
When did you last hear of mistakes?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Gooood.. Goooood...

Let the hate flow through you.

Buy into the Us Vs. Them mentality, hate them.

Those pesky Democrats, and their shady dealings. Surely the far right is the path of virtue... strike them down.

Seriously? Who still buys into this whole two-party system and constant "Blame the other guys" rhetoric?

It's so sad...

How can anybody be on either side ?

Both parties have failed us miserably. Yet, there they are big as life.

Completely ate up with partisanship. I hate both parties.

Never voted for either one. Someday, I believe people will realize there is no difference.

It just won't be today.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I wonder why some people IGNORE that more people have been droned since this was brought up a DECADE ago than were ever 'tortured'.

And by the guy who was suppose to 'change' it all.

Hell more people have been droned in the last 6 years than have EVER been at Gitmo.

edit on 11-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Brilliant first three paragraphs. I just tweeted this out on the ATS Twitter account.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I forgot to add great propaganda piece, you forgot to use torture in the title

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The report was disappointing. I expected to see more nail pulling and less ensure shakes. More castration and less bad music. Oh, well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join