It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer says 10-year-old still in adult jail months after beating 90 year old woman to death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: 3u40r15m

If you'd read some of the other comments, or articles, you'd see that the nearest juvenile facility is 80-90 miles away. The family requested he not be transferred because it would be difficult to visit him if he were that far away. He's not in general population, or solitary confinement. He's supervised 24 hours a day. He's only been charged, not convicted. Given his age, I think they're taking the family's wishes into account.

Ohok I wasn't aware of that... and still don't agree a hour and a half is not that far. If he's innocent maybe they should get him a lawyer and have him released. $$$ talks

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
A mental hospital seems perfect here. It gives him some hope of salvaging his life but it also means he gets the help he needs.

originally posted by: Tangerine
There are two kinds of parents who would abandon a kid in this situation. The first kind never cared about the kid. The second kind, through no fault of their own, ended up with a psychopath (possible brain disorder) and watched him torture and kill animals and do other repulsive things. Either way, he should not be returned to his parents.

If your child murdered your parent how would you react? The parents wanted him close enough that they could still easily go visit. That says they haven't abandoned their kid. I think it's perfectly understandable that they can't handle him being under their roof right now though.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have one son who seemed to be really quite intelligent (still is really) but well around six or seven months he had a siezure and well he had another siezure later on. But well he didn't seem as intelligent afterwards. But something else happened when things got overly choatic he'd seem to have petti malls and well if things got too extreme he'd strike out at anything and everything he could. I love my boys to death but he kind of scared me! I worked hard at trying to make life a peaceful and orderly as I could but well things just always go the way you want. He'd an adult now and is quite functional in life but he still tends to gravitate of peaceful surroundings...

I have no idea what happened in his first year to cause what happened but to me it seems that he was kind of short circuiting and with no healthcare most of their lives I never really able to get a valid diagnosis.. Maybe if was lead exposure my husband was a machinist maybe it was the vaccines whatever. But before we go sending ten year olds off to adult prisons it would be nice to make an attempt to find out what is going on because it might be more than just bad parenting or bad kids.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

In my opinion, they could easily book him into Juvie. It's not like they're going to charge him as an adult anyway.

He's already been charged as an adult. Juvenile detention centers are not equipped to house violent criminals, and rightfully so...all it took for him to beat a frail woman to death was her yelling at him. They can't take the chance that he'd do it to another kid or a guard, lawyer or whomever might be in his immediate vicinity. Just the nature of the crime has proven that he is capable of unbelievable violence. From reading some of the other posts, it would appear that he is right where he needs to be for the time being...he's not being exposed to the general population or being placed at risk of harm by other inmates.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

A kid doesn't get like this unless he's seen some metaphorical dung and waded through it. Kids have temper tantrums and hit things even before they have a comprehension of the repercussions. That should have been taught by this point, and unless he has ADHD or other developmental disorder (even then being treatable) I highly doubt he deserves to be abandoned to our beloved penal system. But hey, it's America, we toss out the unwanted trash of society and inconvenient truths on a daily basis. Why not throw one more soul into the cement sandbox?

Actually, a kid can "get like this" without any type of influence. Ted Bundy is a shining example of the age-old debate regarding "nature vs. nurture" in violent sociopathic killers. They always start young. Usually with small animals. They simply do not see other living beings as having any worth or value, and they do not feel remorse for what they do...even if they express it, it's only a tool to escape consequences. It has nothing to do with regarding anyone as "trash of society". This goes way beyond ADHD or some developmental disorder. And he very likely has done other things as a precursor to this, but simply never got caught.

If you think that this was just a "temper tantrum", you are sadly mistaken. It takes a lot of force to beat another human being to death; even a 90 year old woman. And it doesn't happen in an instant, either. It takes the person being able to hear bones cracking, listen to their victim's screams and pleas, get splattered with their blood and bodily fluids...and still continue to beat them anyway. I would bet my paycheck that if this had been captured on video and you saw this "tantrum" being played out, saw the raw violence and horror of what this boy did to that woman, you'd not be so quick to dismiss it as some kind of typical childish behavior that can be assuaged with a little therapy or medication.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: Septimus

A kid doesn't get like this unless he's seen some metaphorical dung and waded through it. Kids have temper tantrums and hit things even before they have a comprehension of the repercussions. That should have been taught by this point, and unless he has ADHD or other developmental disorder (even then being treatable) I highly doubt he deserves to be abandoned to our beloved penal system. But hey, it's America, we toss out the unwanted trash of society and inconvenient truths on a daily basis. Why not throw one more soul into the cement sandbox?

Actually, a kid can "get like this" without any type of influence. Ted Bundy is a shining example of the age-old debate regarding "nature vs. nurture" in violent sociopathic killers. They always start young. Usually with small animals. They simply do not see other living beings as having any worth or value, and they do not feel remorse for what they do...even if they express it, it's only a tool to escape consequences. It has nothing to do with regarding anyone as "trash of society". This goes way beyond ADHD or some developmental disorder. And he very likely has done other things as a precursor to this, but simply never got caught.

If you think that this was just a "temper tantrum", you are sadly mistaken. It takes a lot of force to beat another human being to death; even a 90 year old woman. And it doesn't happen in an instant, either. It takes the person being able to hear bones cracking, listen to their victim's screams and pleas, get splattered with their blood and bodily fluids...and still continue to beat them anyway. I would bet my paycheck that if this had been captured on video and you saw this "tantrum" being played out, saw the raw violence and horror of what this boy did to that woman, you'd not be so quick to dismiss it as some kind of typical childish behavior that can be assuaged with a little therapy or medication.

I agree with you. The people who want this kid released live in a fantasy world in which they will never encounter someone like this in a dark alley or in their home. When the truth eventually comes out, we will probably learn that he has a history of torturing animals and small children, bedwetting, and setting fires (the so-called serial killer triad). If he was abused, then those who abused him should be dealt with appropriately. But, as far as he is concerned, that really doesn't 'change anything. He's a homicidal predator and should never ever be released. Those who think there's a "treatment" for this are kidding themselves.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I agree with you. The people who want this kid released live in a fantasy world in which they will never encounter someone like this in a dark alley or in their home. When the truth eventually comes out, we will probably learn that he has a history of torturing animals and small children, bedwetting, and setting fires (the so-called serial killer triad). If he was abused, then those who abused him should be dealt with appropriately. But, as far as he is concerned, that really doesn't 'change anything. He's a homicidal predator and should never ever be released. Those who think there's a "treatment" for this are kidding themselves.

No one likes to think of a child being beyond help, because we have been conditioned to believe that when something goes wrong, there is always a fix for it. Or that it can be explained away by some environmental cause or societal or parenting failure. Parents can have every classic sign in the book right in front of them that their children are becoming something monstrous, yet fail to see it because they simply do not want to believe that their little bundle of joy could be born intrinsically flawed and unable to ever exist as a functioning member of society.

As a parent, I can only imagine what the mother of that boy must be going through, knowing that her son is a murderous psychopath, capable of committing such an unspeakable act of violence. But the signs are always there. And I am sure that she blames herself to a large degree, because had he not been left alone with those elders, this would not have happened. But something like it would have eventually...it was inevitable. I sincerely hope that other parents who may have doubts about their kids' mental stability will see this as the very valuable warning and lesson that it is, and seek help. There is so little awareness out there about sociopathic behavior in children, but they are born that way and if nothing is done, they will grow to be sociopathic adults. There is no rehabilitation for that...they will never get better, no matter how much we want to believe that they will.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I agree with you. Sadly, there is great social pressure to not admit that some of these monsters are born and not created by environment. It may turn out that this child was neglected and abused and that's why he turned out as he did -- or not. Either way, the parents should be held responsible for allowing him the opportunity to kill that woman. You're right, there were almost certainly plenty of signs before this incident that he was dangerous . It will be interesting to find out whether his parents sought intervention of some sort or simply turned a blind eye. If they received intervention, it will be interesting to find out whether it was in the form of worthless "therapy" and they were deluded into believing that he could be successfully treated. If that's the case, there should be a penalty for the therapist--not that it will happen.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

You made an excellent point...I, too am curious to know if the parents sought treatment in the past for this boy and if so, were they led to believe that there was hope for him to ever be integrated into mainstream society? It puts an alarming slant on the situation, should that turn out to be the case. And you're right...the chances of anyone like that being held responsible for the outcome would be slim to none. People are fond of using the old adage that "it takes a village to raise a child"...until the "villagers" realize they've been complicit in unleashing a monster instead.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join