It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer says 10-year-old still in adult jail months after beating 90 year old woman to death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit
Ya well locked up is locked up..right?
I dunno..it's obviously a very f'd up situation..the kid, the crime..damn.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
He needs consequences and youth prison, but not to be tried as an adult or be in adult prison. And alot of counseling, courses. This is a train wreck of his life. But his ability to not rage out or consider consequences like an adult and not act out impulses or even snap and rage as some kids do, kids are different chemically and developmentally than adults and he needs help.

I agree with you, don't we have prisons for kids? Think of all the stupid things kids do because they can't see past the moment, we would need every detail of this kids life and his mental condition to even comprehend how he might have killed a woman.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I bet the victims grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces and nephews, whomever would like to get a hug from her one more time too.

Yeah the little bastard needs punishing and locking up, no one is denying that.

But it needs to be done in a correct facility.

The nearest juvenile correctional facility is about a 90 minute drive away (that I could find anyway). He's being accommodated and kept safe. Far safer than any other prisoner there is, I'm sure. He's close to his family. He gets tutored. He gets movies and books. They didn't throw him in a pod with grown men and let him fend for himself.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

In my opinion, they could easily book him into Juvie. It's not like they're going to charge him as an adult anyway.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

In my opinion, they could easily book him into Juvie. It's not like they're going to charge him as an adult anyway.

He's been charged as an adult, because of PA law regarding criminal homicide. Until his attorney petitions to move it to juvenile, it'll stay in adult court.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

These are the cases that are hard for me to understand. While the kid was only 10, he knows right from wrong at that point.

Difficult to understand for me too. They may know right from wrong at that age but not yet been taught to control their emotions.

My nephew is ten and he got in three fights in one day. The first was bullying on his part, the second time he attacked a girl that scolded him for being a bully and the third was fighting a kid that sat on him to keep from hurting the girl.

I know its because his anger got the better of him. Obviously he knows when asked if what he did was wrong and might even be sorry. But in the heat of the moment he couldn't "let it go".

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ah, I did not know that. Thank you! Adult jail he stays.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I think he is where he should be. He is not with the general population. He will be fine.

I would be surprised if he was happy. Jail is not pleasant.... Hence why it is punishment.
No sympathy or empathy from me. Screw him.
edit on 12 11 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Hmm, do they not have juvenile facilities?..as twisted as this kid is now at 10yrs old doing the rest of his growing up in adult prison..you better HOPE he never gets out.

According to the below link, detectives found a piece of paper in his cell with ‘How to Escape’ written on it...

Here is another pic of Kurilla making the I-love-you devil’s horns sign:

We live in a time, when too many want to term “evil” as having mental difficulties. Psychopaths are beyond rehabilitation and are essentially “satan’s spawns”. The kid looks evil; especially flashing the devil’s hand-sign. If truth be totally known, the little spawn has probably tortured animals and killed other things worthy of living. I grew up in a era when “childhood innocence” was still in our civilization, and children knew “right from wrong”. Evil is not created; it’s born through spawning.

The Jonesboro, Arkansas shooters were about 11 years old, Jeffery Dhamer perpetuated his evil by torturing animals, when he was a young boy. The state will probably lock the psycho up, until he is 18, and then turn him lose on unsuspecting victims. Just looking into his eyes, there is no way I would ever allow him near me, other children or animals. The kid is not troubled; he is a piece of evil work! He needs to be kept locked up for the rest of his life, so others don’t lose their lives. As much as I love children, he is not a child, just an evil force in human form. Leeann

Family of 10 y.o. boy who murdered 90 y.o. woman doesn’t want him back

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Gotta say that I agree with everyone saying screw him and lock him away for good. His being quoted as saying he "only wanted to hurt her" is messed up. The fact his parents do not want him back in their home tells me that there have likely been multiple other incidents with this kid. Who knows where the blame really sits with his psyche, but he obviously has some serious issues.

I have no idea about the laws, but if tried as an adult in PA, could he essentially be in for life with a murder like this?

Either way...another crazy off the street for good hopefully.

Sick kid.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
I wonder if he played GTA at all..... or stayed up watching late night tv.

Ya cause GTA would totally make someone do this..
Fun fact:
Parents who allow thier kid to play GTA and teaches them right from wrong would never do this.

Research from fun fact:
I have 2 kids who was playing GTA back in GTA III, VC, and SA.. I let them play because they would learn essential skills by playing it.. They were meh 5 and 4 at the time.. The question came up randomly a few times where I would ask so hey wouldn't this be cool to do outside.. They would answer no.. I would go why.. They would go because we will get in trouble.. I go what do you mean trouble.. They would say it is bad to hurt people..

Moral:
It does not matter what kids play and at what age they play it.. It matters what the parents instill on them which effects the outcome of the kids playing said games..

Just saying man..
Blaming kids playing GTA and killing people is like blaming Bundy for being middle class..
edit on 12/11/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
All this being said, and this isn't me changing my mind, seeing the comments in that last article saying the kid is possessed and all of that kind of made me cringe. Saying he's a spawn of satan and all that. Maybe the kid is a psychopath. It happens. But until that's determined, he's still a kid. A kid with serious issues. Still think he's where he belongs, and not sympathetic to him being lonely and missing mom, but it kind of sickens me to see people resorting to the "spawn of Satan" level

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

they don’t want him back under their roof. His parents, apparently, are an ‘emotional wreck’ and don’t feel comfortable having him in their care. […] So they want him to stay just where he is

cant really blame them.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

It's funny you should mention GTA and young children. I read an article a few years ago about this very thing, let me see if I can find it.

Oh, here it is.

I let my 4 year old son play GTA

Notable Excerpt:

With a DualShock controller in hand, he started to press each button individually as he tried to figure out what their functions were. Soon he asked, “How do I get in a car?” I pointed and told him, “The one with the green triangle on it.”

I egged him on to take the car in front of him which was waiting at the red light. He quickly looked up at me with disgust and refused, stating that the car was already owned by the person driving it. His response absolutely amazed me, so I decided to sit back and observe how he chose to interact with this highly controversial game without the aid of a rotten-minded adult.

He finally entered an unoccupied car and began driving. He was very mindful of the other cars and pedestrians. He didn’t know the rules of the road, so he ran red lights and turned down one-way streets in the wrong direction. However, he did stop at intersections if a group of cars were gathered waiting for the light to turn green.

Very close to your own story, I must say. Nice to know there are parents out there teaching their kids RIGHT from WRONG.
edit on 11-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded

originally posted by: Biigs
I wonder if he played GTA at all..... or stayed up watching late night tv.

Ya cause GTA would totally make someone do this..
Fun fact:
Parents who allow thier kid to play GTA and teaches them right from wrong would never do this.

completely agree, my wondering was based on the cause. Of course kids shouldnt be allowed to play that stuff. Its 18 for a reason.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

This is where we disagree..

Kids at a young age do not play the games to do what adults do.. My kids all they did was drive around and play make believe.. My kids would act like cops while driving around in police cars while playing grand theft auto..

The game teaches kids essential skills like I stated above..

Reaction times, quicker assessment of situations, and hand eye coordination... So ya.. I let them play because they had fun.. My older one didn't start wanting to actually play play the game until he was like 9 or so..

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Nice catch man thats awesome.

And remember sometimes there are good people born, neutral people born, and bad people born.. It is part of life..

edit on 12/11/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Life's a bitch when you act like an animal. Suck it up, Buttercup. You own it.

No sympathy for this spawn.
edit on 12/11/2014 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Murder is murder .. let him stay in the prison he is in for life. or execute him for the crime .
Meh.. western society coddles criminals theyll probably release him and give him a book and movie deal.
edit on 11/12/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Youth prisons are worse than adult prisons.

I say no to life and no to death.

Let him get out eventually

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Murder us murder .. let him stay in the prison he is in for life. or execute him for the crime .
Meh.. western society coddles criminals theyll probably release him and give him a book and movie deal.

Right.

Hand him the katana and let him end it honorably...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join