It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Know You Have OCD when....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
You can't not give every single post a star, every time you go to/refresh a page.

Has anyone else noticed that you can give a post as many stars as you want by revisiting the page? Because I notice...& it's like being trapped in a mime box.

Maybe this should have been in board topics?

What unconscious act made you realize you have OCD!!?
edit on 11-12-2014 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Has anyone else noticed that you can give a post as many stars as you want by revisiting the page?

Are you sure? It may appear so but upon reload the "extra star" you give disappears.

If it does work for some members I'd like to know that, though.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

As far as I am able to tell, I can give every post on a page a fresh green star as many times as I want (assuming page refresh) & I am a slave to my psychological disorders.

I have always been compelled to give every single post I read a star, & now I'm going through pages over & over putting a star on every post (assuming I replied or refreshed in some other manner)

I will continue to add stars to your post as a test.

Even editing this post allowed me to add another star; I have personally given you 3 so far.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have terrible OCD and have done for years.

As far as ATS goes for some reason when I get to the end of a thread I have to scroll back up to the top of the page using the mouse wheel in ten goes and then click the live link regardless of where I actually want to go.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I notice I have OCD when I notice that the ellipses in your thread title has four periods instead of three.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I only ever use ATSmobile, so luckily I have no mouse wheel OCD options available to me, lol. Be strong!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Even editing this post allowed me to add another star; I have personally given you 4 so far.

How many do you see attached to my post?

At this time I see two. Pretty sure one is from someone else.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I make it a point to always use 4 dots in an ellipsis. It's my way of giving the finger to the OCD gods.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Just make sure you give 'em the finger three times, every time, or else something bad may happen

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Even editing this post allowed me to add another star; I have personally given you 4 so far.

How many do you see attached to my post?

At this time I see two. Pretty sure one is from someone else.

Eek gad. My problem stems so much further than I could have even imagined. You are correct, good sir, it does not appear to be saving my subsequent stars.

Nonetheless, I added a star to every post on the page... fml

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

No prob. I used to wonder about that, too.

If others can give more than one star to (each post) that would be totally unfair.
edit on 11-12-2014 by intrptr because: additional in parenthesis

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Thats the most annoying thing about OCD it achieves nothing!

By starring every post you are in fact making the star system redundant.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just last night as I was heading to my parents house for dinner, I stayed outside my house for 30 minutes turning my door knob just to make sure it was locked.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Thats the most annoying thing about OCD it achieves nothing!

By starring every post you are in fact making the star system redundant.

Idk maybe but not necessarily. Could you not argue that merely be showing the courage to post something/anything warrants the attaining of at least one star?
Now if I was in fact able to give a star to a post over & over... However I'm unconcerned with passively undermining the Star system. Right now I just want to be able to stop giving fake stars out. My mind won't let me..

2 dot ellipsis..take that you ocd God bastards.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
LOL, Two dots looks likes a typo, I would stick to the four system you already havi in place.

Whats the worst OCD trait you have?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Honestly, I'm not sure I could pinpoint my worst OCD trait. Officially, I have Asbergers & acute negative symptom schizophrenia. I live in excessively circular thought patterns; I don't think I can pinpoint specific acts, I seem to get a sort of mental word salad when I try. OCD ADD ADHD extreme anhedonia & perpetual insomnia are just what I am. I live my life on 30 minute intervals.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Sounds like we have similar traits. I realised I had a problem when I was coming downstairs one every half an hour to make sure the kitchen was not on fire at night, I "solved" the issue by sleeping on the floor so I would feel the heat sooner and be able to get out quicker.

I did not intend to make light of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
For years clicking the diskette save button on Windows Notepad, just to make sure it saved, even though I know perfectly damned well it saved the first time

Constantly correcting myself on verbage and spelling

Masturbating hourly (I kid, no really, I kid)

Correcting others pronunciation (I've had several death threats)

Turning out lights and other electricity drainers (Thanks Uncle Tim for threatening to hurt me severely for driving up his electricity bills)

Constantly checking for emails

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
My type of OCD is trying to get to perfect in the things I do. I have learned many trades and like the results of what I do to be correct. It took me fifty five years to find that I do not have to feel bad if something I do is not perfect. But I had to toss that philosophy out of my mind because it is flawed.

top topics

join