It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Allows Saudis With Dead Baby in Trunk to Drive Away So as Not to Offend Muslims

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

only foreign nationals can illegally transport dead babies in their illegally registered cars in this country
i thought everyone knew that

try an experiment.

next time you(or anyone) gets pulled over, tell them you have a dead baby in the trunk and see what happens

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I don't even care about giving them a ticket but the officer didn't get their names or any information now they are asking mosques to contact the department if anyone fitting their description shows up.

Certainly not a Sherlock Holmes that one. Did he even ask what the cause of death was.

I had recently watched a complete B movie which was so hokey it was hard to watch but one of the scenes where terrorists are planning their way into the country decide to look exactly like terrorists because they would surely get through that way because the US has rules against profiling.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I thought that was day three of the academy bruh? You know right after they teach us to be racist.

I didn't watch the video but do you think the officer thought that it was only in jest?

Kind of like an officer asking if you have any contraband in the car and you respond with "yeah there's a dead hooker in the trunk."

Regardless I bet he feels stupid...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: UnBreakable

If you can't provide another source besides infowars, I'm calling .....

Do you like, get points or something, for "calling bs" and using your cute little animation?

How about your own wee bit of investigative effort to verify or prove wrong?

How about not following the herd?

-NF

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Good post, Grovit....

Now, it IS InfoWars....So...

If it IS true, I'd be pretty upset. It is really upsetting to think that ANYONE gets special privilege under the law.

The law applies to everyone.

I'd be the first one to offend a muslim, or my mother for that matter. Nobody deserves the right to have THAT thin of skin.

They certainly aren't using that restraint in Ferguson. Look at the damage there. Lemme see, the occasional beheading in far off lands...hmmm...destruction of an entire section of town? Small businesses ruined? Livelihoods ruined? Dreams shattered?

-NF

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

infowars was not the only source
if it turns out to be a fake story then i will retract my post
if it turns out to be real, then what the officer did and why is some bull bully bull #

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

if it turns out to be real, then what the officer did and why is some bull bully bull #

I'm not questioning YOU... And by all means, if you've seen other sources, please post them. I'd be rather interested in seeing them !

Thanks,

-NF

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: Grovit

I'm not questioning YOU... And by all means, if you've seen other sources, please post them. I'd be rather interested in seeing them !

Thanks,

-NF

I've posted five other sources aside from Infowars on the middle of page one.

Edit to add other sources:

yourtubenews.ning.com...
www.fourwinds10.net...
conservativeread.com...#!
newswatchreport.com...
snewsi.com...

edit on 11-12-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Uh, maybe people should actually read the news article and doing a little back checking from more legit sources before jumping to conclusions and making outlandish claims. For starters:

1. It wasn't a "dead baby" in the trunk, it was a 15 week old fetus that had been miscarried a few days ago by the driver's significant other.

2. The police department was aware of the situation, and had issued the men permits to transport the miscarried remains to a Muslim cemetery and perform burial rights. Which is perfectly in line with the Muslim religion. If I remember correctly, amongst Muslims, even miscarried, stillborn, or deformed fetuses are afforded burial rites and such, so Muslims holding a burial for a miscarriage is not that big a stretch. And as I said before, they even had legit papers from the police department allowing them to transport the remains.

3. The cop was not waving them away because he was afraid of being racist. There was a language barrier, the occupants had trouble explaining, the cop had trouble understanding the whole scope of the situation, and erred on the side of social caution. He saw the papers they had, and decided he really didn't feel too good about demanding the bereaved father show him the fetus, probably the same way you don't stop a hearse and then demand to see the corpse in the coffin, unless you have damned good solid reason.

4. The Saudis did indeed end up burying the remains at a Muslim cemetery. Case closed.

NASHVILLE, Tenn.--UPDATE (1:40pm): Millersville police say the men from Saudi Arabia which had a dead infant in the trunk were confirmed as having legitimate documentation and a permit to carry the dead child's remains. Speaking to the media, Chief David Hindman stated he spoke with Warren County, Kentucky officials which confirmed they issued the documents to the family. The child had deceased on December 7th and was a "15-week-old fetus" which had miscarried. The men are believed to be Western Kentucky University students and had shown the officer passports and identification from Saudi Arabia. The language barrier posed a communication issue between the officer who pulled them over and the men. Based on what the officer understood, he did allow them to continue traveling, making the correct decision. However, Chief Hindman added he should have been notified along with the Lieutenant on duty and a detective. The infant's body was taken to a new Muslim graveyard in Franklin for burial, as the men had originally told the officer. The driver of the car was the child's father. Chief Hindman says they were first stopped for an unreadable paper tag. The officer in question will undergo FTO training and policies on how the department deals with situations like this will be reviewed. An investigation report on the incident won't be available until the end of the week.

Link
edit on 11-12-2014 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf because: Add link

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

eh.
should have cited him for his tag.
grieving should not give you a pass
i got popped for speeding while i was driving my wife to her grandmothers wake

now i want to know why this precious unborn was in the trunk with the tools and spare tire.
that is interesting to me.

if he/she/it was so special as to still have a 'proper' bural, why not put he/she/it in the back seat of the charger with the illegal tag?

edit on 11-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

also, the story from the link is unavailable
edit on 11-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Uh, maybe people should actually read the news article and doing a little back checking from more legit sources before jumping to conclusions and making outlandish claims. For starters:

Well, just to check, what are "legit sources" when it comes to news? All news sources (the major ones) have financial backing. Backing that can kill or give the go ahead to a news story. Backing that can make editors wary of publishing the real "news". Anything else can often be perceived as being "fringe", like InfoWars. I don't disregard InfoWars perse, I merely look for it to be corroborated by other sources. Triangulation, so to speak. And frankly, when it is also corroborated by a MSM news source at the same time, then I tend to give it a bit more credence.

1. It wasn't a "dead baby" in the trunk, it was a 15 week old fetus that had been miscarried a few days ago by the driver's significant other.

Moreso to poke in jest
....but a 15 week old fetus isn't a baby? In my humble reasoning, if it was more than a blood clot in appearance, it was a baby.

2. The police department was aware of the situation, and had issued the men permits to transport the miscarried remains to a Muslim cemetery and perform burial rights. Which is perfectly in line with the Muslim religion. If I remember correctly, amongst Muslims, even miscarried, stillborn, or deformed fetuses are afforded burial rites and such, so Muslims holding a burial for a miscarriage is not that big a stretch. And as I said before, they even had legit papers from the police department allowing them to transport the remains.

Fair enough, I'm all in favor of affording different cultures the right to attend to their own rights and peculiarities (for lack of a better term when from the perspective of those not of the same culture)....

3. The cop was not waving them away because he was afraid of being racist. There was a language barrier, the occupants had trouble explaining, the cop had trouble understanding the whole scope of the situation, and erred on the side of social caution. He saw the papers they had, and decided he really didn't feel too good about demanding the bereaved father show him the fetus, probably the same way you don't stop a hearse and then demand to see the corpse in the coffin, unless you have damned good solid reason.

Again, fair enough.

4. The Saudis did indeed end up burying the remains at a Muslim cemetery. Case closed.

My only possible rebuttal to this is the idea of triangulation of information. Just because a MSM reported it, is it necessarily true, while other sources are not?

-NF

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Link works fine for me. But here's another, previously posted by someone else:
wkrn.com...

Anyway, the point here isn't about what the cop should or shouldn't have busted them for. The police already admit he had made many procedural errors, but in the end, because nothing bad happened, they are not going to make a big issue of it. In fact, the majority of search results for this story came from questionable, fringe sources who blew the story out of proportion.

And while I am sorry to hear about your experience with the cops, I have seen cops quite often let people off with a warning if no major crime has been committed, the cop is in a forgiving or benevolent mood, and they believe the person is in the middle of a difficult situation like transporting a corpse.

The circumstances in this case were out of the ordinary due to cultural and linguistic problems, which seem to be more a deciding factor in the cop letting them off than worrying about offending Islam in general. Let's face it. It is not every day a small town southern cop encounters a dodge full of foreign Muslims who have a dead fetus and a permit from his department saying these guys have permission to take it and bury it. To further complicate things, this cop was a rookie, only about half a year on the job, so his own inexperience is going to make things more difficult.

While I agree the situation was not handled as well as it should have been, I by no means think this is some terrible proof of Muslims coming to take over the country, or that somehow, society is bowing to Muslim demands. Beyond the unusual circumstances, this case really isn't noteworthy at all, save for it being a case of a cope erring on the side of caution and showing restraint, for which I applaud this guy. Especially during a time when more and more of his brothers in blue across the country are taking the art of violent overreaction to whole new levels. It's nice to see a cop doing the opposite, for a change.

As to why the Saudis would put the remains in a trunk instead of riding with it, it helps to remember that we are dealing with a different culture with different taboos. In many cultures, it is considered unlucky or poor form to rife in the same compartment as the dead body. They wouldn't put their dead child's body in the back seat anymore than they would put their dead grandma.

I loved my german shepherd, but when he had to be put to sleep and we were taking him to the cemetery, we put him in the trunk. And that dog was more highly regarded and loved than most of my family members, so he was similar to a child or nephew.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"Police in Sumner and Robertson counties are on the lookout for a blue Dodge Charger after a traffic stop on Interstate 65 around 3:15 p.m."

KEY PART,, AN all points bullten.

or BOLO ?? its called ,, for a "blue Dodge Charger",,, gonna give a year?

cause,,

if its a 1968 Dodge Charger Rt 426 Hemi

nice ride

Cause if there Saudi's they got CASH.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

oh snap
vanishing point 2014

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

NAW it's one'o those LATE compact jobs made of plastic. Fiat owns them now...
EVERY car now is a compact car..ICK.
edit on 11-12-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Sorry have never had the pleasure.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Cultural comment with no input on the police aspect.

Saudi burial customs are to bury the person within 24 hours, the burial is without a headstone, coffin etc. It is done by the family as there are no mortuaries. Usually somewhere in the desert.

To put your grandma in the back seat? Yes that is what you would do if you had no trunk. It sounds odd to western ears but I witness several such instances of such.

( I lived in the middle east for twenty-five years - two in Saudi)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Millersville PD: Father had permit to transport fetus

MILLERSVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A father stopped on Interstate 65 in Robertson County Wednesday afternoon had a permit to transport the 15-week-old fetus he reported was in the trunk of his car, Millersville Police Chief David Hindman said in a news conference Thursday afternoon.

Hindman said the mother miscarried at 15 weeks on December 7 at a hospital in Bowling Green, Ky., and the parents were given the permit from the coroner’s office.

The father and two other men, all from Saudi Arabia, were transporting the baby to a mosque in Williamson County for an Islamic burial ceremony when they were stopped in Millersville.

Millersville Police Chief David Hindman
Millersville Police Chief David Hindman
A language barrier prevented him from showing the officer the permit, Chief Hindman said Thursday.

“What they told the officer is their baby had died. They had processed the body according to Muslim faith,” he explained.

Hindman said the officer, not wanting to interfere with a Muslim religious burial ceremony, decided at that time not to cause a scene with the family in the midst of their mourning, and to let the vehicle go on to bury their child.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

one question,, "Do they come with a trunk?"

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Well, just to check, what are "legit sources" when it comes to news? All news sources (the major ones) have financial backing. Backing that can kill or give the go ahead to a news story. Backing that can make editors wary of publishing the real "news". Anything else can often be perceived as being "fringe", like InfoWars. I don't disregard InfoWars perse, I merely look for it to be corroborated by other sources. Triangulation, so to speak. And frankly, when it is also corroborated by a MSM news source at the same time, then I tend to give it a bit more credence.

A legit source is one that is as neutral as possible, that is either the source, close to the source, or has genuine access to the source of the news story, and leaves the opinion and analysis to the editorials. When a piece levels claims and accusations throughout, uses partisan and sensationalist buzzwords and phrases, or comes from a source known to be highly questionable or inaccurate, then I look for other sources to check for legitimacy.

I triangulate too when it comes to verifying info. When multiple sources from many known biases, including the mainstream, all agree on something, then it is safe to say you have likely found something that is a fact.

Even when something on infowars turns out to be true, the article is usually spun heavily, key facts are omitted, so I just go elsewhere to get a better read on what is happening.

Moreso to poke in jest
....but a 15 week old fetus isn't a baby? In my humble reasoning, if it was more than a blood clot in appearance, it was a baby.

Not in mine, nor the legal community's reasoning. A baby implies someone who was born legally alive, was breathing, crying, kicking, ect, outside of its mother's womb. Once you are born, legally, you are now a person. A 15 week old fetus does not legally have a name, a birth certificate, or personhood, and thus, the handling of the death and remains of the fetus (which would be just shy of 4 months) is not considered a baby.

The legal and social implications for the two are different. To explain it better, if you are born, and say die a couple hours after birth, then legally, your death is investigated and treated legally the same way it would be if you were 50 and died. Death certificate, autopsy if necessary, medical opinion, reporting of death to vital statistics, ect. On the other hand, if say, your mother miscarried you before birth at 4 months in the womb, your death would not be treated the same. The doctor would examine your mother and try to find out what the cause was, but as far as your remains go, legally, if your mother wanted to stick you in the freezer, and never tell a soul she had a miscarriage, then she certainly could in the legal sense, because a miscarriage is not considered a legal death.

My only possible rebuttal to this is the idea of triangulation of information. Just because a MSM reported it, is it necessarily true, while other sources are not?

-NF

I'm not saying the MSM is the only legit source for news. However, in this case, when I googled it and looked at the many sites covering this, as well as the links posted here, all were from sites with very clear agendas and beliefs that are more interested in pushing their version of reality than in getting to the truth. The nature of the articles and their inability to provide their own verifiable, independent sources makes me look elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join