It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simply amazing NASA UFO! (Released Yesterday)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

For your information the video from STS- 101 is old.
Released around 2006 has been very popular and
discussed through the years. Nothing new here.

Here it is. (Check the date)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: swanne

Ice, are they now?
Ice is not visible in a dark space unless lit by a source of light, such as the sun.
Check the video back. Do you see the sun in the footage?
Me neither. So, what is making the ice visible?

The sun.

Why SHOULD it be visible in the scene?

The whole footage has a major discrepancy: "ice crystals" are being lit by a mysterious source of light, but the Earth is presenting its night side to us. So the mysterious source of light cannot be the Sun, otherwise the said Sun would light up Earth, too.

Theory to explain the discrepancy: the "ice crystals" objects were added over the footage of the Earth by someone who did not realize that the Earth was in darkness. In other words, hoax.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

originally posted by: skyblueworld

That's your decision, but get familiar with Martyn Stubbs work next time that you imply Aliens and CGI, without having knowledge of the video uploader.

So... All this is actually one big publicity stunt for Martyn Stubbs? Come and check out Martyn Stubbs' new vids in YouTube - 14 videos added in 24 hours! Come and check Martyn Stubbs' biography!

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't know if this one is real or not but that pulsating blob really doesn't look like floating ice crystals or whatever the skeptics are calling it.

originally posted by: JamesTB
This footage was uploaded by Martyn Stubbs yesterday.

Look at 0.20 .. Ice Crystal?

YouTube Link -

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

swanne
Ice, are they now?
Ice is not visible in a dark space unless lit by a source of light, such as the sun.

jim o

The sun.
=====

The whole footage has a major discrepancy: "ice crystals" are being lit by a mysterious source of light, but the Earth is presenting its night
side to us. So the mysterious source of light cannot be the Sun, otherwise the said Sun would light up Earth, too.

Theory to explain the discrepancy: the "ice crystals" objects were added over the footage of the Earth by someone who did not realize that the Earth was in darkness. In other words, hoax.

Swanne, I appreciate you being detailed in your reasoning, and please now let me use you as an example of how an intelligent earthling can so grievously misinterpret space video because you are understandably relying on your down-to-earth learned interpretative processes, and have been misled by the weirdness of outer space.

There is no sunlit sky, no blue sky, because there is no air above the observer. The sky is still black.

The TV camera, pointed away from the sun, is f-stopped fully open because all it has in its field of view is the black sky and the dark earth surface below.

It is dark because the sun has not risen there yet.

It is LIGHT in space because, 260 miles high, the ship has emerged from Earth’s shadow and is speeding towards the day side.

You know this situation is ordinary in space because YOU can observe satellites in the sky pre-dawn and post-sunset, when Earth’s surface [where YOU are] is dark, but satellites hundreds of miles up are in sunlight. So you can see them.

From the satellite’s point of view, you on the ground are in shadow while it is in full sunlight.

Depending on geometry and altitude, there’s a strip maybe a thousand miles long, maybe twice that, along the ground track of a satellite when the sun ‘rises’ at the satellite’s altitude but the ground is still dark. Moving at 300 miles per minute, it can take a satellite several minutes to go from its OWN sunrise point to reach the dawn line [the ‘terminator’] on Earth’s surface.

It is in THIS interval that a camera looking back down the flight path will see dark sky, dark Earth, and SUNLIT small nearby objects.

More dramatically, as nearby objects quite close to the shuttle drift away, in this interval, they can emerge from the shuttle’s own shadow. Previously, they were dark, and not visible. Suddenly sunlit, they seem to appear out of nowhere. They ‘materialize’. But all that’s really happening is they go from local dark [shuttle’s shadow] into full sunlight.

Now here’s the kicker.

This is a relatively BRIEF interval, several minutes twice every 90-minute full orbit of the Earth [as a rule – some orbits can actually remain in full sunlight if they are tilted almost crosswise to the terminator].

But in an astounding defiance of random chance, all the most famous ‘space shuttle UFO videos’ occur IN THIS BRIEF INTERVAL.

That’s why youtube posters don’t want you to know exactly WHEN their videos occurred, because determining orbital sunrise/sunset for the shuttle [simple with home software] would provide a MAJOR clue to the proximity and hence size of the mystery objects.

This illumination condition is profoundly unearthly. It is weird beyond previous human experience. There’s no reason at all you could be expected to know it from experience and half a billion years of eyeball evolution.

But it’s what we have observed in space, and it explains WHY these kinds of videos are so tantalizing – they actually do defy human perceptual experience.

What can I say to make this concept clearer? Please help me, I’m serious.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

originally posted by: Asynchrony
I don't know if this one is real or not but that pulsating blob really doesn't look like floating ice crystals or whatever the skeptics are calling it.

Ask yourself – how many REAL floating tumbling ice flakes in space have you actually already SEEN?

This is not meant as a put-down [believe me, you’d recognize it if it were].

It’s just to stress the genuine unearthliness of visual scenes in outer space, where the illumination, the distance-attenuation, the motion of objects, ALL are fundamentally alien to earthside organisms and their visual perception systems.

It doesn’t look like Hollywood SFX, or ‘Asteroids’, or ‘Star Wars. It looks like nothing no human being had ever seen until a few brief decades ago.

There are plenty of youtube videos of undisputable ice flakes, from waste water dumps or thruster leaks – please go look at a few, watch them for half an hour or so to reset and recalibrate your visual cortex, and then watch THESE supposed ‘space UFO’ videos again.

You might ‘see’ things a bit differently, and you will have opened not only your eyes, but your entire mind, to the rest of the universe, as a new playground for humanity. It is awesome.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

swanne
Ice, are they now?

jim o

The sun.
=====

The whole footage has a major discrepancy: "ice crystals" are being lit by a mysterious source of light, but the Earth is presenting its night
side to us. So the mysterious source of light cannot be the Sun, otherwise the said Sun would light up Earth, too.

Swanne, I appreciate you being detailed in your reasoning, and please now let me use you as an example of how an intelligent earthling can so grievously misinterpret space video because you are understandably relying on your down-to-earth learned interpretative processes, and have been misled by the weirdness of outer space.

There is no sunlit sky, no blue sky, because there is no air above the observer. The sky is still black.

The TV camera, pointed away from the sun, is f-stopped fully open because all it has in its field of view is the black sky and the dark earth surface below.

It is dark because the sun has not risen there yet.

It is LIGHT in space because, 260 miles high, the ship has emerged from Earth’s shadow and is speeding towards the day side.

You know this situation is ordinary in space because YOU can observe satellites in the sky pre-dawn and post-sunset, when Earth’s surface [where YOU are] is dark, but satellites hundreds of miles up are in sunlight. So you can see them.

From the satellite’s point of view, you on the ground are in shadow while it is in full sunlight.

Depending on geometry and altitude, there’s a strip maybe a thousand miles long, maybe twice that, along the ground track of a satellite when the sun ‘rises’ at the satellite’s altitude but the ground is still dark. Moving at 300 miles per minute, it can take a satellite several minutes to go from its OWN sunrise point to reach the dawn line [the ‘terminator’] on Earth’s surface.

It is in THIS interval that a camera looking back down the flight path will see dark sky, dark Earth, and SUNLIT small nearby objects.

More dramatically, as nearby objects quite close to the shuttle drift away, in this interval, they can emerge from the shuttle’s own shadow. Previously, they were dark, and not visible. Suddenly sunlit, they seem to appear out of nowhere. They ‘materialize’. But all that’s really happening is they go from local dark [shuttle’s shadow] into full sunlight.

Now here’s the kicker.

This is a relatively BRIEF interval, several minutes twice every 90-minute full orbit of the Earth [as a rule – some orbits can actually remain in full sunlight if they are tilted almost crosswise to the terminator].

But in an astounding defiance of random chance, all the most famous ‘space shuttle UFO videos’ occur IN THIS BRIEF INTERVAL.

That’s why youtube posters don’t want you to know exactly WHEN their videos occurred, because determining orbital sunrise/sunset for the shuttle [simple with home software] would provide a MAJOR clue to the proximity and hence size of the mystery objects.

This illumination condition is profoundly unearthly. It is weird beyond previous human experience. There’s no reason at all you could be expected to know it from experience and half a billion years of eyeball evolution.
But it’s what we have observed in space, and it explains WHY these kinds of videos are so tantalizing – they actually do defy human perceptual experience.

What can I say to make this concept clearer? Please help me, I’m serious.

I think I know what you are explaining Jim there’s defiantly a ‘window opening’ effect when the sun is in this position. Do you think it is similar to the Solar Obliteration Technique?

YouTube Link -

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Please. Drop the condescending tone. I'm a scientist, mate.

Your argument hardly holds water - the shadow of Earth doesn't just disappear above the surface - it is still being cast in space, and it is aligned with the local midnight on the ecliptic line.

Although the Sun does appear sooner in a sunrise above Earth, a sunset at the same distance would appear later. The shadow is still being cast in space, and unto anything inside this shadow, including satellites and UFOs. There is no magic involved, not "sensory perception" anomalies.

An object above Earth would indeed "see" the sun rise sooner on the ground. But the difference, in time, will be proportional to the distance of the object relative to the ground. And these objects in the second video seem to obey a radiating group motion. Too far from Earth, and the group motion's origin would end up in space. Which implies that it is most likely that these objects are relatively close to the ground - another way to verify this is by analyzing the curvature of Earth in the scene. Which means that it is all the more unlikely they were illuminated by the Sun, since Earth provides us the information that it is night below.

Furthermore: if the one who took the video kept the directions right, sunrise would be located at the left side of Earth in the scene. It so happens that the camera is actually looking right at the left side of Earth. Were we can clearly observe that the Sun has not risen yet.

No human perception mystery. Just science.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Please. Drop the condescending tone. I'm a scientist, mate.

No human perception mystery. Just science.

Please filter out any objectional tone and read the text again.

I have failed to get my point across.

The videos we are discussing were taken when the spacecraft, and any small objects near it, were in sunlight.

I interpreted your comments to mean the spacecraft could NOT be in sunlight because the sky was black and the ground was dark.

Have I gotten that right?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You want to believe the camera was in sunlight. But the facts say otherwise - here is what they say:

-The camera is located above Earth.

-The camera is located relatively close to Earth (notice Earth's curvature). Which implies, the sunrise on Earth will match sunrise on the space camera relatively close in time.

-The camera is filming the left side of Earth, where the sunrise line is located.

-There is no sun filmed in this area of space.

-There is no sunlight on Earth - wich means it is midnight, or earlier in the night, at the point directly below the camera's position.

-We have two confirmations that the camera is not located in sunlight.

-Yet, we are expected to believe that illuminated objects are radiating away from Earth there, where there is no sun, no sunrise in space, and no sunrise on Earth.

Theory to explain the facts: the video is a hoax - bright objects were artificially added onto the footage of an incompatibly dark Earth.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Why is the solar panel illuminated?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Why is the solar panel illuminated?

You do know I am currently talking about this video, right?:

Where no solar panel is to be seen.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I missed the topic switch. Going back through to find where this happened.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Page 1.

Where the OP started his promotion for Martyn Stubbs.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The "UFO Fleet over Russia" vid probably does have a hoax element, but I don't think it's CGI.

They were moving into sunrise but the cam was not forward looking, pointed toward the Sun. Like Jim said in the YT comments, the vid was cut off before any mention of a water dump like in this vid

Skip to about 2:20

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Again, thank you enormously for taking the time to lay out your thinking on reaching this conclusion.

Now, here's why your entirely excusable unfamiliarity with the bizarre consequences of space flight on illumination conditions, led you astray.

You want to believe the camera was in sunlight. But the facts say otherwise - here is what they say:

-The camera is located above Earth.

-The camera is located relatively close to Earth (notice Earth's curvature). Which implies, the sunrise on Earth will match sunrise on the space camera relatively close in time.

-The camera is filming the left side of Earth, where the sunrise line is located.

-There is no sun filmed in this area of space.

-There is no sunlight on Earth - wich means it is midnight, or earlier in the night, at the point directly below the camera's position.

-We have two confirmations that the camera is not located in sunlight.

-Yet, we are expected to believe that illuminated objects are radiating away from Earth there, where there is no sun, no sunrise in space, and no sunrise on Earth.

Theory to explain the facts: the video is a hoax - bright objects were artificially added onto the footage of an incompatibly dark Earth.

Here's the subtle flaw:

The camera is filming the left side of Earth, where the sunrise line is located.

This is your error.

The cameras are regularly pointed 'down track' towards the receding horizon at night to serendipitously capture 'mesoscale lightning' events up until sunrise. Since the shuttle orbits towards the east, that's the direction of sunrise.

Before the swarm appears, in the field of view the ground lights are moving upwards and a bit to the left, that shows the camera’s line-of-sight view is backwards to the direction of flight.

This is directly opposite the horizon where sunrise occurred.

A camera pointed away from the rising sun, into a vacuum, will not detect overt signs of sunrise. The minor exception is forward-scattered glare that enters the periphery of the lens, and such glare DOES appear at the same moment the particles appear – all signs of local sunrise.

edit on 13-12-2014 by JimOberg because:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There's also the PAO commentary on the tape,

"Discovery moving into sunrise",

which is another indicator of sunrise.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Am I wrong in thinking the OP vid shows MIR, from STS-101 between 8:59 and 9:04 PM CDT on May 27, 2000?

Some links for context:

rense.com...

ETA: Forgot this key link www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-12-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Makes sense. I viewed the video on silence mode, I was not aware of the information about moving East, thanks for clarifying that for me.

A star for you mate.

So, the objects are claimed to be "mesoscale lightning events"... Why didn't you say so earlier? This would make the events luminous by themselves, in which case my argument for solar illumination would become nullified (and, by extension, yours). We were arguing about illumination by the Sun, but electric discharges need not the Sun to be visible. In which case the video might be genuine after all...

a reply to: JamesTB

You hear that, JamesTB? Lighting. Not aliens, not UFOs, not "intelligence in space". Pure, simple lightning.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I can't say enough how bizarre the unearthly lighting conditions can mislead our reliance on entirely valid recognition processes, when the context has so utterly changed. I sure didn't have any epiphany of understanding -- it came from watching, tracking, analyzing, and especially talking with people who were still using traditional thinking. It's why YOUR clarity in resolutely defending your logical interpretation was so important.

So, the objects are claimed to be "mesoscale lightning events"... Why didn't you say so earlier? This would make the events luminous by themselves, in which case my argument for solar illumination would become nullified (and, by extension, yours). We were arguing about illumination by the Sun, but electric discharges need not the Sun to be visible. In which case the video might be genuine after all...

Not quite -- the lights in the video have all the expected characteristics of shuttle-shed stuff, lit by the sun.

The sprites and elves caught by the MLE project [headed by Otha 'Skeet; Vaughan] are very brief vertical streaks that appear only in frame-by-frame review of these videos. They were detected by accident, and Vaughan quickly organized a program to use existing cameras and the newly-deployed [in 1991-2] worldwide space-based relay satellite links, to gather night horizon views continuously. Then he detected the super-lightning events by the hundreds.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join