It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traits of a Satanists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilith
Oh dear - this is how the true satanists get a bad name. Before going in to this you should be clear on what branch of satanism yuo are referring to (as there are many types as with most religions).

In future please be more specific as to who you are insulting ..... or find out a little more about what you hold an opinion on. I dont meant to be harsh.

I guess we can add "hypocritical, bs pap" to the list of how to spot a Satanist.
Great example above!!!

So let's get this right - Lilith worships Satan. To any normal person that is evil, yet she/he/it claims that her worship is on a par with everyone elses and says that you're ignorant if you disagree.

Well, hey!!! I disagree. And I know more than Lilith ever will in his/her/it's miserable existence.

Whose the ignorant fool now?

Do I need to be more specific about who I am insulting Lilith or is that clear enough for you?

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Whose the ignorant fool now?

And I know more than Lilith ever will in his/her/it's miserable existence.

whoever said this...

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
whoever said this...

Oh yeah?
Lilith claims Satanists search for Truth.
There is only one true God. The God of Love. The God of Light. The God of Truth.
That isn't Satan - whichever way you look at it.

Lilith doesn't even know or is lying about whom he/she/it is worshipping.
My statement stands.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Do you really know what satanists stand for and why?

Their choices are as arbitrary as anyone else's.

In the immortal words of the Big Lebowski - "That's, like.. your opinion, man."

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Leveller > you obviously didnt take the time to read my post as i clearly stated that Modern satanists dont believe that satan exists .... so if you're going to respond to my posts make sure you actually read them first - thanks .

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
also i'd like to add - why would i bother to lie about my belief system ? All i'm trying to do is educate people and eradicate unwarranted prejudice.

yes i search for the truth - but your viewpoint seems to be that anyone who doesnt believe the same as you (that god is the one true way) is lying or decietful....a fine example of arrogance.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Go Lilith go!

I am not a Satanist and I despise both luciferians (simply stupid) and moder satanists (LaVey ripped off Nietzsche, which you would know if you had a bit more of general culture)

But I despise the most people who talk about sh*t they know nothing about.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 02:54 AM
link   
actually i follow nietzsche over Lavey - i respect Lavey for his achievements though ...

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I read the Satanic Bible by Anton LeVay. It was actually a sort of nature oriented religion, not unlike Wicca. Pretty tame stuff, really. I've never actually met anyonw who practiced Satanism as taught by LaVey.

I have met several self-described satanists who were into black magick and weird rituals. They all had one thing in common: they were Christians who were really angry at God. The only way they could think to hurt the all-powerful was by withdrawing their love and turning to that which he hates.

Pretty sad, really.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
yup it is pretty much as you describe - i've met alot of people claiming to be satanists who feel anger or rejection from their god, but i dont class them as modern satanists as they still believe christian concepts, even if they choose to go against them.
I have however spoken with many Modern or LaVeyan satanists - many combine some LaVeyan principles with existentialist, humanistic and objectivist philosophies, some dont follow the satanic bible but prefer his more political or satyrical writing, like with any religion (if it really is a religion) there are many branches, and since individualism is promoted no two modern satanists tend to be alike.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Lier
Cheater
Blackmailer
doublecrosser
exstortion
Murder
traitor
selfcentered
arrogant
Slave Drivers / owners
Must create a scape goat
Have I left any out?

[Edited on 5-6-2003 by All Seeing Eye]

Got in 1.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   
A-S-E

You left these out, they come from my personal stereotype of a Satanist:

* sodomiser
* raper of nuns
* sacrificer of small children and furry animals
* cloven-hoofed and smelling of brimstone
* soul worth nothing and sold for nothing
* approx every second POTUS, generally at the end/beginning of decades.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Lilith,

The thing is that LaVey did nothing but rip-off Nietzsche and general Nietzschean thought, I would have no problem with this if it would improve in any way the lifes of those who follow he's so called 'satanism' (it's more like atheism inspired by satan, but as we all know the word stanism sells a whole lot more), which it doesn't, satanism is not the start of any way of philosophical thought, LaVey does not instruct people to read philosophy, maybe because he he's afraid people would understand he's blatant rip-off.

Another problem is that althou partially ripping off Nietzsche he twists most of Nietzsche's thought to his own thought maybe because he was to weak to accept what Nietzsche really says, so basically what he presents society with is a watered down, twisted, MORAL, version of Nietzschean thought labelled satan-related in order to sell. This is not respectable, I am afraid.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
How much LAvey have you read?
For a start - LaVeys theories on Magick totally go against Nietzsche's hatred of anything metaphysical!

The thing is that LaVey did nothing but rip-off Nietzsche and general Nietzschean though

How much LaVey have you read?
For a start - LaVeys theories on Magick totally go against Nietzsche's hatred of anything metaphysical- seeing it as fiction..
Also in Nietzsche's view you cannot find merit in beauty or strength - even though you can admire it - which tends to oppose LaVey's justification of 'pride'.
The main similarities are that both LaVey and Neitzsche opposed herd mentality and organised religion and yes Nietzsche has influenced LaVeyan thought, but so have many other philosophers, some (eg Ayn Rand and 'objectivism') completly conflict with Nietzsches views.
As for writing about the ability of feminity for use of manipulation - Nietzsche never touched that yet LaVey has written a whole book on it. He's delved deep in to psychology with his theories on human behaviour. His other books about magick - as i've already stated - Nietzsche would stronly oppose.
So if by 'completly ripping of Nietzsche' you are refering to LaVeys hatred of herd conformity and organised religion then yes they both share that- but so do i and many people i know who have never read a word of Nietzsche. If you mean the fact the "what doesnt kill you makes you stronger" being in the 21 satanic points, then it is clearly quoted as a Nietzschean view....
so can you be more specific please ...

I would have no problem with this if it would improve in any way the lifes of those who follow he's so called 'satanism' (it's more like atheism inspired by satan, but as we all know the word stanism sells a whole lot more), which it doesn't, satanism is not the start of any way of philosophical thought, LaVey does not instruct people to read philosophy, maybe because he he's afraid people would understand he's blatant rip-off.

Another problem is that althou partially ripping off Nietzsche he twists most of Nietzsche's thought to his own thought maybe because he was to weak to accept what Nietzsche really says, so basically what he presents society with is a watered down, twisted, MORAL, version of Nietzschean thought labelled satan-related in order to sell. This is not respectable, I am afraid.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
When I say that LaVey ripped off Nietzsche I mean he states has his the work that Nietzsche had previously written on morals, freedom, self-evolution, God, and even the ubermensch, which I could partialy relate to the modern satanist archetype.

I do not really follow your point, satanism has a pride component and so does Nietzschean thought, when you deny God, when you KILL God, when you stand on your own and face reality, that is not only a result of pride but things to be proud for, when an individual lives for him, that's pride, when you create your own set of morals, that is pride, it's pride and acknowledgment of the value of your own thought.

When I say that LaVey ripped off Nietzsche it doesn't mean all he did was rip off Nietzsche, of course LaVey did thing on his own, it's easy when you have time cause you have been ripping off others' work, really, every single one of Nietzsche's point is present in modern satanism apart from those which would contradict it, easily spottable because they were some of the most important Nietzsche traits, the lack of morals being the most important of them, LaVey did not go as far as proclaiming the Nietzschean moral anarchy, what he did was class behaviours as acceptable or not acceptable, and the criteria for this is entirely common sense, but the common sense of this rotten society is not really the best thing to follow IMO.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Lier
Cheater
Blackmailer
doublecrosser
exstortion
Murder
traitor
selfcentered
arrogant