It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former VP Dick Cheney: 'Deeply Flawed' Senate Interrogation Report Full of Crap

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Obama stopped the use of torture and was unable to shut Gitmo because every state governor freaked out over the thought of military tribunals being used to try terrorists on their territory. Besides, when should this report have been released. A year? Two years? The CIA have been moving heaven and earth to try and shut this thing down - they even hacked the Senate Intelligence Committee. And just about the only Republican to come out in support of this report is John McCain, who WAS ACTUALLY TORTURED. Do you really think that a Republican-controlled Senate would have released this? This report which details that the USA resorted to torture in a failed attempt to get intelligence? Fat chance.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

And what about sympathy for the 26 that got tortured by accident due to CIA mistakes?

Is this a wider scope question like what about the millions of people the US has murdered in unjust bombing campaigns? or just a few "mistakes" in the CIA?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

I am looking forward to the Republican controlled Senate releasing a report on a certain President's "kill list for Americans without trial", as well as a certain administrations dealings with terrorist organizations aren't you. I wonder how many Democrats will sign off on that gem when it's released in a politically convenient time, you know because Americans have a right to know.

Feeding Americans to the sharks for political points is part of the Democrat playbook. It amazes me how Feinstein can simply "wash her hands" of any backlash this will cause. I know it shouldn't with her track record, but it still does somehow.

I doubt America will get a true document/report out of Washington (at least not from the politicians or media). The truth would destroy the entire charade, so everyone just latches on to their favorite flavor of spin and runs with it.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

And what about sympathy for the 26 that got tortured by accident due to CIA mistakes?

Is this a wider scope question like what about the millions of people the US has murdered in unjust bombing campaigns? or just a few "mistakes" in the CIA?

Its to highlight that those pro torture and happy its being done to "protect them" could one day be dragged of the street , denied due process and tortured even if they are innocent.

Governments should NEVER be legally given such power EVER.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Cheney discussed 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, explaining, “He [was] in our possession, we know he’s the architect, and what are we supposed to do

I've seen nothing that says to me that Khalid was behind 9/11 and if you put a rope around my balls and pulled it then i would tell you i was trying to split the crust of the world.

No i think that out of Mr Mohammed and Cheney we all know who the terrorist is.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The transparency of the "government is evil ... except when it's Republican" crowd is so refreshing.

I am truly anticipating with great interest watching some jump through their rear windows to justify the actions of the new Congress coming in. Exorcisms of gays and Democrats on the House floor, prayer breakfasts to balance the budget, heheh.

I wonder if they'll rise above an 8% approval rating? Does the scale allow for negative numbers???

"Why release this report now?" Well, the Senate Intelligence Committee has been trying to release it for years. If it was so politically motivated, as some believe, wouldn't they have struggled to do so before the mid-terms? Why did the Obama Administration fight tooth-and-nail to keep it contained? Including, perhaps, letting the CIA surveil the Senate??? Senator Feinstein isn't going anywhere, so the idea that she was rushing to do so because she has "been replaced" is simply ignorant or misplaced.

Some of you aren't even using logic anymore, much less considering the evidence before you, because your partisanship has kicked in and you have to justify anything a Republican government does (or in this case, did). This is a great opportunity to point to real and true flaws on the part of the Obama Administration, that deceitfully has tried to do EVERYTHING in its power to keep the report from being released or cover it up, and yet, you can't, because it would mean damning GW and Cheney, et. al.

Torture is okay, eh? What about breaking trusted word and "full faith" of the United States in terms of decades of agreements, treaties and promises? That's okay too?

I just realized there is no hope for US. Bin Laden was right; they did win.
edit on 7Thu, 11 Dec 2014 07:43:49 -060014p0720141266 by Gryphon66 because: Tense situation.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Its to highlight that those pro torture and happy its being done to "protect them" could one day be dragged of the street , denied due process and tortured even if they are innocent.

Governments should NEVER be legally given such power EVER.

Well yah, neither should they be allowed to wage aggressive war with nations on false pretenses. This government takes down whole nations, they could care less about a few torture victims.

As far as dragging people off the street, they already do that, the broken justice system tortures millions of "criminals" just fine.

You want to focus on the 26 innocent victims, fine. I'm just pointing out the holes in the whole media campaign to defocus our attention on some past torture victims.

Not directed at you.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
He is a deeply flawed piece of crap.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Dick Cheney is full of crap and should be in prison. He's responsible for More deaths than Charles Manson

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

But we knew all this. Its nothing new just grand standing and deflection. They have been saving this for when they need to use it. The big blow out that is.

Remember they are having Health Care and Benghazi hearings this week.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

Dick Cheney is full of crap and should be in prison. He's responsible for More deaths than Charles Manson

Imagine if Obama had to answer for every drone strike he approved. "Sir, the only way we can get this guy is blow up the entire wedding or funeral precession". Both these guys just doing what they needed to do?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

But we knew all this. Its nothing new just grand standing and deflection. They have been saving this for when they need to use it. The big blow out that is.

Remember they are having Health Care and Benghazi hearings this week.

????? Even the Republican committee on Benghazi said that there was no massive scandal there.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Dick Cheney is a criminal and he belongs in prison

I live in a country where that will never happen

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Senator Feinstein isn't going anywhere, so the idea that she was rushing to do so because she has "been replaced" is simply ignorant or misplaced.

Well she is losing the Chair position on the Select Committee on Intelligence.

And Democrats won't have the power base anymore.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The real conspiracy here should be about how Cheney is still alive. Guy has gotta be more cyborg than man by now with all his health problems.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

Let's see carry the 3...
Dick has about 499,993 more
www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 11-12-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: link

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
The real conspiracy here should be about how Cheney is still alive. Guy has gotta be more cyborg than man by now with all his health problems.

Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think the process is flawed of how he got his heart transplant, jumping in front of younger, needier candidates on the list.
edit on 11-12-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Psychopaths do not feel sympathy.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

A combination of selfishness and VPOTUS status, I imagine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join