It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former VP Dick Cheney: 'Deeply Flawed' Senate Interrogation Report Full of Crap

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Former Vice President Cheney was on Fox News and says the Senate CIA report is full of crap.

He cites a couple possible rebuttal points.

Hmmm.

Videos in the article from Fox.....

Former VP Dick Cheney: 'Deeply Flawed' Senate Interrogation Report 'Full of Crap

Former Vice President Dick Cheney spoke out this evening for the first time since the Senate’s CIA investigation into interrogation techniques was released.

In an exclusive “Special Report” interview, Cheney called the report “a terrible piece of work” which is “deeply flawed.”

Cheney discussed 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, explaining, “He [was] in our possession, we know he’s the architect, and what are we supposed to do? Kiss him on both cheeks and say ‘Please, please, tell us what you know?’ Of course not. We did exactly what needed to be done in order to catch those who were guilty in 9/11 and to prevent a further attack and we were successful on both parts.”

edit on Dec-10-2014 by xuenchen because:

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
How would he know what its full of? According to this he hasn't read it…

“3,000 Americans died on 9/11 because of what these guys did and I have no sympathy for them,” Cheney said. “I don’t know the specific details, I’m sure there were instances cited in the report, I haven’t read the report, but I know for a fact —”

At that point, Baier cut him off. “Now wait, you haven’t read it?”

Of course he'll take the position its full of crap, he was involved.

Love the way he throws the president under the bus, too… they always scramble out of a sinking ship by climbing over each other.

Cheney denied that President George W. Bush was “kept in the dark” by the CIA, saying, “I think he knew everything he needed to know and wanted to know about the program.”

Link

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

As if anyone should ever listen to what this man has to say about anything.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I think that should have read - "Senate Interrogation Report: Former VP Dick Cheney - 'Deeply Flawed', 'Full of Crap"

The Cheney unit and the CIA both know that torture is really only good for determining someone's psychological resolve against their pain or panic threshold. At some point, an innocent man will break and say anything to get the torture to stop. So at best intelligence gathered from torture only has a 50/50 chance of being valid, and that is only if you have 50% innocent people and 50% perps and the perps don't lie. Since the net the US cast was very wide in grabbing suspected terrorists, it appears they picked up an innocent:perp ratio of about 4:1, so pretty safe to presume that the intel gathered from torture was probably 90% incorrect at best, and that possibly 10% valid is a real stretch, probably more like 1% valid intel.

It's stupid, terrorists are willing to die so torture them seems kind of a moot point. So really it seems like extrajudicial punishment by no system of legal standing, which shows that clowns like Cheney and the perps in the CIA are no better than the real terrorists. Oh wait, sorry, they are the real terrorists.

If waterboarding and anal feeding are so legitimate and acceptable, maybe it should be a method used to extract information from international bankers, CEO's, Wall Street and politicians? I got a pineapple here I am quite sure any number of international banksters might appreciate.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/10.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Have you ever seen a stinking pile of crap as big as Cheney, what an Idiot he is thinking he can say whatever he wants and people will still listen, we'll all be better off when he's dead and gone.

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to: xuenchen

Whether it's true or not, and it may very well be true, the real question is why would they publish this report now?

Is someone trying to fan the flames of discontent that are rising here in the US?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
with this report in, there's now a global call to prosecute cheney. That's why he's saying it full of sh*!. He's in trouble if the right people come together and go after him

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FutureThinker

There's always a bigger, badder Private Cheney behind the blustery, public ahole

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FutureThinker

Have you ever seen a stinking pile of crap as big as Cheney, what an Idiot he is thinking he can say whatever he wants and people will still listen, we'll all be better off when he's dead and gone.

Peace

Evil never dies. It just gets an inline turbine pump and blood thinners.

Actually, you know why Cheney will probably never die of Cancer? Because Cancer is afraid of getting Cheney.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/10.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I can agree with Cheney on this one. The report is just the tip of the iceberg as it could go a lot deeper and further.

Is also plenty of crap with the bad and ugly crap, the lying deceptive crap also also the misinformed and sad crap. Lots and lots of crap.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hasn't read it ?

Why the hell would he.

It's not like the guy wasn't VICE PRESIDENT, and got briefed on it EVERYDAY for 8 years.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
from NBC NEWS:
"...Two days after he took office, in 2009, Obama reversed some Bush-era counterterrorism policies and ordered an end to coercive interrogation. He pledged to restore the United States to "moral high ground."

but getting down to the brass tacks of the matter... the ending of harsh interrogation treatment... was not for the reason of "moral high ground." issues...
NO...Øbama has a way different dislike for both the captivity of radical Muslims at Gitmo,
and harsh interrogation techniques to those same radical, & some few Jihadist Muslims held by the USA.

See, Øbama has a special place in his spirit for the Muslims, they are special and exceptional and deserve the Fast-Lane Affirmative-Action type of handling more than anyone or any group interacting with the USA.
Whereby the majority Caucasian segment, and the biggest part of the group cited for accomplishing 'American Exceptionalism' has been deleted/downgraded from that status by executive-order...

I contend the Report was peppered by WH ordered Editors to cast the worst and darkest SPIN on the interrogation process, the Military detainment of Muslims.
I suggest that the VP Cheney is Straight-Talking Between-the-Lines, but will, if need be, level the Muslim favoritism card on the WH in both the CIA Report and in the 'work-place violence' of that radical Jihadist Muslim Psychiatrist killing spree...And the Purging of the "too-white" Officer Ranks in the various branches of the Military.

this WH occupant gets a Grade F on his behavior, prejudicial favoritism at all layers & levels of leadership examples...

the 'report' was undoubtedly crafted by the WH cadre , with a flurry of firings or dismissals if changed or modified or sanitized by the CIA or Pentagon, or Justice Department who all must have read the pre-release document

Just some food-4-thought... (I just view things with a different lens than is used most at ATS)
edit on th31141827501010162014 by St Udio because: after thought

quote]originally posted by: ZombieWoof

Whether it's true or not, and it may very well be true, the real question is why would they publish this report now?

Is someone trying to fan the flames of discontent that are rising here in the US?

exactomundo !
edit on th31141827529610212014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If it is from the lame duck Senate I am pretty sure he has a point. The American people replaced these guys for a reason and they wanted to get in one last jab.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieWoof

You have stated what I have been wondering too. What are the hidden agendas behind all of this?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

How would he know what its full of? According to this he hasn't read it…

“3,000 Americans died on 9/11 because of what these guys did and I have no sympathy for them,” Cheney said. “I don’t know the specific details, I’m sure there were instances cited in the report, I haven’t read the report, but I know for a fact —”

At that point, Baier cut him off. “Now wait, you haven’t read it?”

Of course he'll take the position its full of crap, he was involved.

Love the way he throws the president under the bus, too… they always scramble out of a sinking ship by climbing over each other.

Cheney denied that President George W. Bush was “kept in the dark” by the CIA, saying, “I think he knew everything he needed to know and wanted to know about the program.”

Link

And what about sympathy for the 26 that got tortured by accident due to CIA mistakes?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieWoof

Cause they are full of crap?

They needed to do something. Not being able to get the Gitmo shut down as promised has been a burr up their azz and a source of embarrassment. They should stop torturing themselves about it.

Besides, talk about anal feeding.....just wait until healthcare kicks in good. Americans will feel like someone is trying to stuff a kitchen sink up their azzes.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Cheney discussed 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, explaining, “He [was] in our possession, we know he’s the architect, and what are we supposed to do?

I don't know...maybe...just maybe...put him on trial and present this evidence of your "knowing" ???

I know...it sounds crazy. Due process and stuff...such a bore.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dominicus
with this report in, there's now a global call to prosecute cheney. That's why
he's saying it full of sh*!. He's in trouble if the right people come together and go after him

Could be that certain are hoping Dick and others will need to defend themselves.....thereby hopes he will have to lay out information that will expose info gathering and intel our sources, imbedded spies ect. It would be a great day for radicals around the world.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Oh look, Cheney's still trying to pretend that a) 'enhanced interrogation' isn't torture (it is) and b) that it works (it doesn't). Cheneyworld really is through the looking glass. The man still thinks that he did some actual good. Sorry, he's still a wanna-be Sith Lord.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Well whats Obama trying to say? That he didn't as POTUS preside over 6 years of Gitmo and made no real effort to shut it down? I am sure they would have loved to do this before the last election! lol.

Couldn't pull it off politically. To many dems saying "wow if we shut it down and something awful happens we will get the blame. Republicans will have a field day".

Besides all this crap is very old and old news. I am leaning toward the idea this got kicked up again to cover health care Boys interrogation. Remember that guy? Americans are so stupid ect?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join