It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sidearm of Choice - The CZ 75 P-07 Duty.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The legendary CZ 75's newest incarnation is the P-07 which is in polymer construction. I've always wanted a CZ 75 but when it came to crunch time and decided to opt for the polymer pistol.
So it was into the gunshop, passing two background checks and then I had the first pistol for my concealed carry weapon needs.

For the $450 that paid for it I really can't complain. Some people may rave and bellow about their Glocks but for me this CZ-75 P-7 is the way forward.

Chambered in 9mm caliber it is one of the Wonder Nines that have a long pedigree stretching back to the dark days in the aftermath of WW2.

Shooting the CZ 75 in 9mm caliber.
This was with 9mm FMJ ammo and in the pristine wilderness of the Rocky Mountains.

Out of the box and into the review.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WatchRider

I owned a CZ-75 (9mm Parabellum) in the 80's along with a CZ-83 (9mm Browning). The 83 was very reliable, had better balance and never jammed, I can't say that for the 75, I was constantly taking the damn thing apart and cleaning it. I had it in the shop three times, after which I gave up, got my money back and bought a nicer gun, a Desert Eagle .44 magnum with that "cutsey" triangular barrel, had it purlexed, it was purdy ;-) Rounds were a lot more expensive, but there's just something about 6 section fragmentation hollow points with "gooey" centres that can just ruin someone's day (I was in active zones a lot).

I don't know how much the CZ-75 has improved, but like all guns, shoot it regularly and keep it clean just in case.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/10.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Never liked the Sigs...too large and bulky frame for me. I know they are quality fire-arms and shoot well...just not for me. I carry a Tokarov TT-33 7.62 x 25 ...small thin frame...high velocity hard-hitting 85 grain bullet. If things were more serious I'd carry my Glock 23 in .40 cal. and the TT-33 as a back-up.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

A few weeks ago at the local gunshow, I was 100% sure I was going to leave with either a P-07 Duty or a CZ 75 BD.

Long story short, both were the same price, $515, and me being a big fan of full size metal handguns, I ended up going home with the 75 BD.

I will buy a P-07 Duty sometime in the future though. I have heard really only highly positive reviews.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
My partner carries a CZ P-09 in .40 and although I love the sight picture and how light the pistol is, that light weight frame/slide gets jerked around all over the place by those snappy little .40 cal rounds. I think that it would handle beautifully in 9mm though!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
CZ-52, my choice for most things.
over 3500 rounds and not a burp..flawless gun.

Congratz and enjoy the new toy!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I plan on picking up an SP-01 when I get enough moola for it. Polymer just doesn't do it for me.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I owned a CZ-75 (9mm Parabellum) in the 80's along with a CZ-83 (9mm Browning). The 83 was very reliable, had better balance and never jammed, I can't say that for the 75, I was constantly taking the damn thing apart and cleaning it. I had it in the shop three times, after which I gave up, got my money back and bought a nicer gun, a Desert Eagle .44 magnum with that "cutsey" triangular barrel, had it purlexed, it was purdy ;-) Rounds were a lot more expensive, but there's just something about 6 section fragmentation hollow points with "gooey" centres that can just ruin someone's day (I was in active zones a lot).

I don't know how much the CZ-75 has improved, but like all guns, shoot it regularly and keep it clean just in case.

Cheers - Dave

Hi Dave. Well pre-1997 it was difficult to source a CZ - 75 that was original from the Czech Rep. The ones that were common were replica ones like the Tangfolio and Baby Eagles, Jericho etc.

Roger Wilco!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Septimus
I plan on picking up an SP-01 when I get enough moola for it. Polymer just doesn't do it for me.

Why is that? It's only slightly more snappier than steel lowers and the weight savings are fantastic! I carry the thing everywhere. CCW or Open Carry it's great for both.

Ok I've got some more goodies too, here's the take down and cleaning.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WatchRider

Cheers - Dave

Hi Dave. Well pre-1997 it was difficult to source a CZ - 75 that was original from the Czech Rep. The ones that were common were replica ones like the Tangfolio and Baby Eagles, Jericho etc.

Roger Wilco!

No copies, I had a pair of real ones, an 83 and a 75 (and as I said the 75 was problematic, maybe just a bad issue). I was in South Africa at the time, I developed weapons systems for the military and my CO was the Chief of CI (on the military side). I got pretty much anything I wanted, right down to the rdx and petm (and of course the .38 caps were just bought locally) for the "fill" in my bullets. I'm pretty good with party favors ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Roger Wilco!

No copies, I had a pair of real ones, an 83 and a 75 (and as I said the 75 was problematic, maybe just a bad issue). I was in South Africa at the time, I developed weapons systems for the military and my CO was the Chief of CI (on the military side). I got pretty much anything I wanted, right down to the rdx and petm (and of course the .38 caps were just bought locally) for the "fill" in my bullets. I'm pretty good with party favors ;-)

Cheers - Dave
Was it an issue with the slide? Those were a niggle back in the day. Nowadays since the official imports are coming in from '97 the QC is generally excellent. There are even those that consider Glocks inferior too.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Some people may rave and bellow about their Glocks

Yeah, there's a reason. Have fun. $100 more and you could have purchased a decent gun.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Roger Wilco!

Cheers - Dave
Was it an issue with the slide? Those were a niggle back in the day. Nowadays since the official imports are coming in from '97 the QC is generally excellent. There are even those that consider Glocks inferior too.

Yep, it jammed, constantly. Took it in three times and then I got tired of dicking around with it and bought desert eagle 44. I kept the CZ83 though, it never jammed, was pretty accurate for a browning and it had nice weight and balance (and it was small enough to fit comfortably in my back or leg holsters). As far as the 75 and jamming goes, it may have just been an issue with that particular gun, as you say a potential Q&A issue, but the second time I had it in, the entire gun was mic'd (micrometered) to check sizes and clearances, but there were apparently no issues. Then it jammed again, I almost threw the damn thing into the Crocodile River at Kruger Park when I was at the Nykgomo base. Oh well, bought a better gun anyway.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That sounded way nastier than I had intended. Was typed in good spirit and meant as a joke. I don't come across well online.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Some people may rave and bellow about their Glocks

Yeah, there's a reason. Have fun. $100 more and you could have purchased a decent gun.

And what decent gun would that be pray-tell?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I carry a p-01 myself. All steel version of the p-07. Best gun I've ever shot in so many ways. Very accurate. Recoil isn't bad. 14+1 concealable In a parka or my waistband. She's super tight too. I keep calling it my bargain kimber lol. I was a 1911 fanboy prior to owning the cz and I'm just blown away by how loose and rattley my 1911 is compare to my cz.

The way the slide mounts the frame inside the frame rails rather then outside like on most other guns is just geniu IMO. GLOCKS and 1911's now feel like a beat up old Chevy truck to me compared to my CZ feeling like a tuned Porsche. There's a reason that when people fall in love with CZ it border lines on obsession. The CZ p-01 lives up to every expectation I have for a pistol unlike every other gun I own, they always fall short somewhere. Too much recoil, not enough in the mag, to big and bulky, too small, not accurate enough, not reliable enough. The CZ just doesn't dissapoint me ever... It's like getting a good girlfriend after having several "quirky" crazy girls lol, you really appreciate her!

new topics

top topics

join