It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You CAN detox your body. It's NOT a myth.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

The placebo effect has nothing to do with quantum mechanics. 

I disagree, science has just used a word to represent something they don't understand with placebo. Call it magic, call it god, call it whatever you want, but this is the same concept as the collapsing wave.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Just because we don't understand something fully doesn't mean we get to fill the gaps with made up nonsense. And to say we know nothing of the mechanisms of the placebo effect is just wrong:

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-12-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
In a perfect world, with a perfect diet, all organs operating under no stress due to the perfect world and diet - detoxification through proper organ function operates naturally anyway.

Increasingly, 'food' has become nutrition-poor...compromising the normal filtration functions of organs...the results of this are very real, and while the science is cautious about nomenclature (perhaps, in most instances, rightly so) there has never been a big drive to curb excessive meat eating or alcohol consumption, both of which produce 'toxic' results in an already compromised body...how is this reversed using traditional medicine?...and why, if you cannot 'detoxify' the body?

Å99

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
S&F &
&
&
&

Anyone who knocks it hasn't tried it, and isn't strong enough to.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
How do I know that your link is not the made up nonsense, does science own the truth?
We live in a subjective, anecdotal reality, and if the anecdotal evidence doesn't jive with the Rockefeller created sciences, then it's woo woo.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Did you even bother to follow any of the citations in the text? Evidently not.

Educate yourself. Deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

oh yeah, some of those same people who attacked you, me, and those of us who tried to point out the fallacies in their claims are some of the very same people who in other threads have stated that it doesn't matter how much heavy metals you put into your body, that the body can get rid of them by itself without any help... I won't mention those other threads because they have to do with vaccines, but the belief of these people that "it doesn't matter what you put into your body that the body naturally can get rid of everything you put into it" shows who the really ignorant are.

Those same people can't see the irony of their claims, while on the one hand those same people claim that the body can readily get rid of toxins, they also admit that in some instances it is true that the body can need some help, such as drug over doses. But those same people seem to believe that you need to wait until your body is at the point of no return to help it, such as in the case of people who need dialysis.

So which is it? either the body doesn't need help at all and it can readily get rid of all toxins, hence there wouldn't be a need at all for the extreme cases in which modern medicine has to help patients when either they have overdoses, or for patients that need dialysis. Or the body does need help and can use help from us by leading healthier lifestyles and using tested natural ways to help us lead healthier lifestyles.

Those people seem to think that the only time when our body need help, is when you are extremely sick. Meanwhile it seems to be their belief that there is no other way to keep yourself healthy...

That seems to be their premise...

BTW, again, the methods I described on that thread that can be used to help you lead healthier lifestyles includes eating healthy, as in eating a healthy balance of fruits, vegetables, grains, meats, and drinking natural juices, and doing with the consent of your doctor 2-4 day water fasts occasionally.

Here is again part of the evidence I showed in that thread which refutes the claims of those members.

The following is based on research which contradicts the claims made by Edzard Ernst.

Fasting triggers stem cell regeneration of damaged, old immune system

Protection from chemotherapy immunosuppression indicates effect could be conserved in humans

In the first evidence of a natural intervention triggering stem cell-based regeneration of an organ or system, a study in the June 5 issue of the Cell Stem Cell shows that cycles of prolonged fasting not only protect against immune system damage — a major side effect of chemotherapy — but also induce immune system regeneration, shifting stem cells from a dormant state to a state of self-renewal.

In both mice and a Phase 1 human clinical trial involving patients receiving chemotherapy, long periods of not eating significantly lowered white blood cell counts. In mice, fasting cycles then “flipped a regenerative switch,” changing the signaling pathways for hematopoietic stem cells, which are responsible for the generation of blood and immune systems, the research showed.

The study has major implications for healthier aging, in which immune system decline contributes to increased susceptibility to disease as people age. By outlining how prolonged fasting cycles — periods of no food for two to four days at a time over the course of six months — kill older and damaged immune cells and generate new ones, the research also has implications for chemotherapy tolerance and for those with a wide range of immune system deficiencies, including autoimmunity disorders.

We could not predict that prolonged fasting would have such a remarkable effect in promoting stem cell-based regeneration of the hematopoietic system,said corresponding author Valter Longo, Edna M. Jones Professor of Gerontology and the Biological Sciences at the USC Davis School of Gerontology and director of the USC Longevity Institute. Longo has a joint appointment at the USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences.

news.usc.edu...

BTW, by "prolonged fasting" they are talking about a max of 4 day water fast, and not the excessive water wasting that too many people use not knowing what they are doing and causing in many cases irreversible damage to their organs.

You should ALWAYS consult with your doctor before doing a water fasting regime of 2-4 days.

Prolonged fasting also protected against toxicity in a pilot clinical trial in which a small group of patients fasted for a 72-hour period prior to chemotherapy, extending Longos influential past research.

While chemotherapy saves lives, it causes significant collateral damage to the immune system. The results of this study suggest that fasting may mitigate some of the harmful effects of chemotherapy,said co-author Tanya Dorff, assistant professor of clinical medicine at the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Hospital.More clinical studies are needed, and any such dietary intervention should be undertaken only under the guidance of a physician.

“We are investigating the possibility that these effects are applicable to many different systems and organs, not just the immune system,” said Longo, whose lab is in the process of conducting further research on controlled dietary interventions and stem cell regeneration in both animal and clinical studies.

The study was supported by the National Institute of Aging of the National Institutes of Health (grant numbers AG20642, AG025135, P01AG34906). The clinical trial was supported by the V Foundation and the National Cancer Institute of the National Institutes of Health (P30CA014089).

news.usc.edu...

Below is another link written by Catharine Paddock PhD that corroborates the above research.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

BTW, yes, Dr. Paddock is responding to the research which found that doing, with the consent of your doctor, 2-4 day water fasts help regenerate stem cells, and also protects against toxicity, but she also gives some more info which is beneficial.

edit on 11-12-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Science is your god, I get it, every cult has their truths mixed with the bs.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Thank you OP, I agree. So many people see a tiny article with hardly anything IN it, certainly no proof but for quotes from the "professionals," and make an entire decision it's all bull just from that?

One case in point: cilantro juice: FACT: one of the only substances that detoxifies mercury from your brain/body. One of the only substances that passes the blood brain barrier. Drinking cilantro juice, and measuring urine output showed a dramatic amount of mercury in urine of those who consumed cilantro juice. I would call this a successful detox.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975

Science is your god, I get it, every cult has their truths mixed with the bs.

Trust me, science isn't Gethyped's god. He makes a lot of false claims in almost anything having to do with medicine.

As for his claim that people should educate themselves... that's quite hilarious coming from Gethyped...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I read the first thread, and I've read you "rebuttal". I haven't read all of the replies yet.

My take from the first thread. The OP wasn't denying that we pump more toxins into our environment now that at any other time in history. The OP wasn't denying that eating healthier and adopting a healthier lifestyle will reduce or decrease the amount of these toxins that we take on-board and retain in our systems.

The OP was denying that these companies who tell you that soaking your feet in their "special formula" will de-toxify your system, or eating their "special pill" will de-toxify your system. And there was a very good reason for this.

Non of these companies trying to sell you their products will name the toxins they claim to remove, or present the method by which their products work. And because they are called "herbal" or "alternative" medicine, they don't have to.

The plain truth is, that when most people embark on this type of regime, it is more often part of a larger life style change and some people will forget that they've stopped drinking so much, and having fast food 4 nights a week, and maybe getting a bit more exercise.....and all they'll see, is that ever since they started regularly taking "monksfoot wort extract" and rubbing themselves all over twice a day with "sea horse gland balm", they've felt great!

The reason it is called "alternative" medicine, is because when you can prove it works its just called medicine.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I won't argue for one side or the other, because I am far removed from understanding or simply knowing the science. What I will say, is that I've cleansed on multiple occasions, without expectation. On each occasion, my body felt about 100 times better during and after the cleanse. I'm actually considering starting one today, because of this thread.

At any rate, tangible is nice. Isn't that what the science folks are always so vicious about in the first place?

P.s. I realize placebo effect could factor in, but I really didn't expect anything. So, take it for what you will. I would highly recommend a good cleanse every now and again. I'm far from a health nut, I should note. I'm just weak and enjoy things that feel good. ;o)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: idmonster

I am thinking you read wrong what the op was saying. Which is similar to what I tried to tell the op of the thread who claimed "there is no way to help your body detoxify"... That's what we have been refuting, the claim that all forms of detox are false, which is what the op and several other members have been trying to claim in that thread and this one.

So far I haven't seen the op in this thread endorse a product that is known to be a scam, and in my case the examples I gave were to eat healthy, eat fruits, vegetables, grains, some meats too, lots of juices and occasionally with the blessings of your doctor to do a 2-4 day water fast, which has been shown to be very beneficial and to help detoxify your body.

Prolonged fasting also protected against toxicity in a pilot clinical trial in which a small group of patients fasted for a 72-hour period prior to chemotherapy, extending Longos influential past research.

While chemotherapy saves lives, it causes significant collateral damage to the immune system. The results of this study suggest that fasting may mitigate some of the harmful effects of chemotherapy,said co-author Tanya Dorff, assistant professor of clinical medicine at the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Hospital.More clinical studies are needed, and any such dietary intervention should be undertaken only under the guidance of a physician.

“We are investigating the possibility that these effects are applicable to many different systems and organs, not just the immune system,” said Longo, whose lab is in the process of conducting further research on controlled dietary interventions and stem cell regeneration in both animal and clinical studies.

The study was supported by the National Institute of Aging of the National Institutes of Health (grant numbers AG20642, AG025135, P01AG34906). The clinical trial was supported by the V Foundation and the National Cancer Institute of the National Institutes of Health (P30CA014089).

news.usc.edu...

If 2-4 day water fasting, as an example, helps protect against toxicity, isn't it helping your body detoxify better? There is research that shows it does this, alongside other beneficial things it does which includes regenerating stem cells.

edit on 11-12-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Water fasting and detox is very cheap, and has been done for centuries.

Anybody in that other thread saying everything is a gimmick, hasn't ever experienced the Herxheimer reaction, which I have, three days into a fast.

I will however admit all the other paid products I have taken did not produce that result.

I challenge the debunker's to try it(water fasting), but it takes massive self control, and it's really boring too.
Almost impossible to do in December, try it in January.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Thank you for having the energy to do this. I've seen and am living proof this is possible. The cells in the human body are constantly replacing themselves, so the theory is sound, and if you keep away from toxins as the cells are doing this as well as help them get the nutrients they need and stick to it, it is certainly possible to detox...or get very close.

In the other thread, I think maybe the myth part was derived more from junk products with junk claims.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
One of my detox habits came about instantly when I read a recommendation by Swami Satchidananda to fast for 14 hours a day (from the close of your last meal of the day to the next day's first meal) because the organs used for digestion are the same organs used for toxic cleansing. That way you digest for seven hours and clean for seven hours. It made perfect sense to me, so I started it, and have been doing that daily since 1988.

Also concur and six thumbs up to the poster who talked about drinking water and staying hydrated as a toxic cleansing technique (among the thousands of other health benefits brought about by hydration).

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister
Yes, water is goodness. One funny thing about this, though. In 2009, I had a couple of kidney stone episodes about 3 months apart. They analyzed the stones to see what cause them, and it was water, of which I drink a lot. So then, of course, I had to start detoxing my water too. Ha.

edit on 12/11/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Was your diagnosis because of the water itself or what was mixed into the water by local authorities? I wouldn't think pure water would cause the stones, but I'm not a medical expert (just play one on the internet).

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister
Some mineral or another in the water that my Pur filter (which I've been using for about 20 years now...not using the same filter lol...the Pur) wasn't getting. Frankly, I'm not all that convinced it was the water that caused it, as my potassium levels were all out of whack that year too, but that's what they said came back from the analysis.

It may have been from growing up drinking very hard well water. Water is really about all I drink or like to drink (well, okay, and some tequila now and then, too), so I do get a lot of it.

ETA: We do use county tap water but have since added a whole house reverse osmosis filter with UV.
edit on 12/11/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Please post your alternative views in this original topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join