It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You CAN detox your body. It's NOT a myth.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Frank12345

"faith" is just another name for wishful thinking , which is not harmless ...

I thought faith in this context would be considered placebo effect.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jaws1975

Regarding the placebo effect

Is it possible this boils down to quantum physics?

The double slit experiment and all that.

We create our own reality if our intentions and beliefs are potent enough.

I wonder if this is the mechanism behind prayer and meditation.

edit on 10-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

The placebo effect only occurs where there is self-assessment by the patient. However when the state of the disease can be objectively "clinically" measured , ( e.g. by blood-test , X-ray , etc ) , there is no placebo effect, see ... nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM200105243442106

see quantum woo.
edit on DecemberThu, 11 Dec 2014 01:53:32 -0600am12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
oops double post, sorry
edit on DecemberThu, 11 Dec 2014 01:52:20 -0600am12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frank12345

The placebo effect only occurs where there is self-assessment by the patient. However when the state of the disease can be objectively "clinically" measured , ( e.g. by blood-test , X-ray , etc ) , there is no placebo effect, see ... nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM200105243442106

see quantum woo.

Breifly reviewed the link for now, seems I have some reading to do. Thanks for the info.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to post this. I don't even bother wasting my energy arguing with people anymore. Believe whatever you want to believe. I will say one thing though, I'd love to see what kinda stuff the medical industry would toss out about light bodies, auras, and pranic healing.
There you go trolls, enjoy yourselves

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Time2Think
... I'd love to see what kinda stuff the medical industry would toss out about ... pranic healing ...

Best I can do is give you a link to the rationalwiki page on "Pranic healing" ... rationalwiki.org/wiki/Pranic_healing [ lookout for the tumble-weed :¬]

You are entitled to delude yourself , but you should expect to be challenged when repeat your unfounded beliefs in an open forum ,
( BTW exposing your belief as false does not make me a "troll" ).
edit on DecemberThu, 11 Dec 2014 02:43:52 -0600am12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

well i read a little into this and just left off at the post i'm replying to here now..

from what i can make out, you've posted all this as a counter to some NEGATIVE point of view
(i say point of view because we're all hassled for "PROOF", right?)
to find the antagonist has an unhealthy liver & wants to eat yours (smiley face)
well...
i've read enough to know what motivates that person
and why they've done what they did

part of the detox process is moving away from NEGATIVITY
hopefully the antagonist will *see* (realize; REAL EYES) that one day

thanks for your article, S&F'd
oh, and fwiw i'm cray cray for JESUS CHRIST

the ultimate detox program!

may God bless us all & especially those who HELP THEMSELVES*
(*another royal we, respective selves)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Nice rebuttal OP. I had noticed that other thread and wondered what kind of shill would come on here and make such a claim, my first thought was that they had some "associations" with big pharma.

Sure, not all detoxes work as advertised, but it would be the height of logical fallacy to claim none worked because of that. Some of the best ones are cheap, like lemon juice. Will provide some more efficacious examples later when I have more time.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Sounds like you believe totally and have faith in a system that is going backwards in many ways, that is falling in on itself and costs rising over double yearly.

YOUR unfounded and deluded beliefs need to be challenged, at the rate science should progress something does not allow it, everything segmented and fragmented.

Untold MILLIONS of pages of raw data countering the systems claim have been published, all to be deleted and CRUSHED by some agenda that is now almost beyond belief.

And they are scared by far the most, by the "belief" people have in finding other ways.

Oh well, I guess we should just carry on with this bizarre medical industry and eventually everything will be fine.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

The "there's no evidence because it's been suppressed" gambit. How convenient. It's all utter BS.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

You're a shill for Big Herb. See? Cuts both ways. Calling people with opposing opinions "shills" is incredibly arrogant and pathetic. We live in a world with opposing opinions, you're not a special snowflake.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I couldn't disagree more about your view on the power of faith. Our thoughts are powerful. Our minds, our emotions, are POWERFUL, Faith in any situation is hardly irrelevant.

Where is your evidence for that ?. If everyone prayed before undergoing life-threatening surgery , the ones who survived may subsequently have the false belief that religious faith played a part in their survival , and would swear on a stack of bibles to that effect , but the people who died on the operating table also had "faith", but aren't around to tell you it didn't make any difference to the outcome.

What about dogs who wait by their owners door all day until they return home from work, all based on faith, faith that their best friend will return.

Fido has no other option : the dog owner [ aka pack-leader , not friend ] is the only source of food , and Fido may not be able to escape even if they wanted to because they are confined by doors walls and fences.

Dogs detecting cancer, saving kids......Dogs, all animals should be revered in their emotional, spiritual, and loyal faith.

Dogs can detect cancer by their superior sense of smell , not by "spiritual" supernatural forces , [ they can also be trained to detect paper-money , explosives , drugs , all by smell ] .
edit on DecemberThu, 11 Dec 2014 04:31:45 -0600am12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
For God knows how long I only ate processed foods. I simply lacked the motivation and didn't care much about my body I suppose. Over the past year my girlfriend only buys natural and organic foods (as best she can) and takes health and food seriously. I felt nausea every time I ate or stomach pain, vomiting anywhere from once a day to once a week for over a decade, (I had assumed it was residual affects from my "rave" days) to completely forgetting I even had some kind of eating disorder. I don't get sick, no stomach pains from eating, nothing. One of my favorite sayings to people why I never ate: "eating is a neccesary evil and only do it when I must". I'm glad those days are over!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
.. they are scared by far the most, by the "belief" people have in finding other ways.
Oh well, I guess we should just carry on with this bizarre medical industry and eventually everything will be fine.

You are free to shun the science of medicine and refuse medical treatment and follow you own "belief" system, however spurious it may be , ( not a good idea IMO ).

Untold MILLIONS of pages of raw data countering the systems claim have been published...

How about giving us a link or two to scientific studies corroborating your belief : allegedly you have "MILLIONS of pages" to choose from , yet you haven't posted links to any.

Untold MILLIONS of pages of raw data countering the systems claim have been published, all to be deleted and CRUSHED by some agenda that is now almost beyond belief.

Have you any evidence that that "millions of pages" of data are being deleted to suppress faith-based "therapies" ,
can you post a link or two to corroborate your assertion that knowledge is being suppressed. Alleging suppression is a bad sign ...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Crank_(person) wrote :-
" in addition, many cranks: ...
#4 claim that their ideas are being suppressed, typically by secret intelligence organizations, mainstream science, powerful business interests, or other groups which, they allege, are terrified by the possibility of their revolutionary insights becoming widely known "

edit on DecemberThu, 11 Dec 2014 05:07:34 -0600am12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Not being an expert, my concern is on the definition of 'detox'.

Do the good foods we eat actively break down and remove toxic substances in our body? OR... Do the good foods we eat stop the flow of toxic substances into our body thus allowing our natural processes to purge them at the body's natural rate?

It may sound picky but there is a vast distinction.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
3/4's of the population walks around in a state of dehydration every day of their lives. All five of the top five diseases that kill people today are 30% more likely to affect you if you live in a constant state of dehydration. If that's not a good argument for the OP's point, I don't know what else is.

Water is the best cure for most health problems we have today from headaches to cancer, and one of the main reasons is that it flushes out the toxins in your body. Maybe some of these popular flushes are a little over the top but if a person drinks enough water in his daily routine then he wouldn't need to detox.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
Nice rebuttal OP. I had noticed that other thread and wondered what kind of shill would come on here and make such a claim, my first thought was that they had some "associations" with big pharma.

Or......they had an opposing viewpoint. Which seems to be all that is needed for a tiny minded individual to label them a shill. Buck up little camper, the world looks much brighter when you get to High school!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The double slit experiment and all that.

We create our own reality if our intentions and beliefs are potent enough.

I wonder if this is the mechanism behind prayer and meditation.

Exactly, but don't expect science to be shouting this from the rooftops. They take every opportunity to poo poo on anything that doesn't fit their agenda. There's a book called the field that go's in depth on this subject, and highlights science's attempt to trash anything considered woo woo.

In this groundbreaking classic, investigative journalist Lynne McTaggart reveals a radical new paradigm—that the human mind and body are not separate from their environment but a packet of pulsating power constantly interacting with this vast energy sea, and that consciousness may be central in shaping our world. The Field is a highly readable scientific detective story presenting a stunning picture of an interconnected universe and a new scientific theory that makes sense of supernatural phenomena. Documented by distinguished sources, The Field is a book of hope and inspiration for today's world.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

The placebo effect has nothing to do with quantum mechanics. Quantum mechanics is not some deus ex machina that you can pull out to conclude "therefore, magic!" in order to make unscientific ideas seam reasonable and grounded in reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join