It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparency Request: Where Does ATS Get It's Funding?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Having access to the page server stat files might be valuable to someone interested in demographics.
Put up some straw man threads and gauge the reaction on ATS.
When radio was the "new media" they tested the public with the "War of the worlds" hoax.
Forums like ATS have come a long way, we aren't all a bunch of BBS "perverts" like back in the 70's and 80's.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Maybe "they" use ATS to study our responce to specifically crafted question, then they construct computer model of us.

Jeffrey Goines: "Then, they took everything about me and put it into a computer where they created this model of my mind. Yes! Using that model they managed to generate every thought I could possibly have in the next, say, 10 years. Which they then filtered through a probability matrix of some kind to - to determine everything I was gonna do in that period. So you see, she knew I was gonna lead the Army of the Twelve Monkeys into the pages of history before it ever even occurred to me. She knows everything I'm ever gonna do before I know it myself. How's that?"

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

they give mod jobs

Mod jobs are voluntary. They don't get paid.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I don't know about you - but I certainly get ads still - the most intrusive is the pop up (and my pop up thingy is supposed to be blocked) with that woman peeling a face mask saying you won't believe her age... gah. But I don't mind the others so much

So in answer to the question - I believe they still get funded via ads.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Well that's odd. I wonder why some of us get ads and others don't. I don't think I have an ad-blocker installed and if so its only effective half of the time.

Gosh I still have a lot to learn about web development.

edit on 10-12-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

After a certain amount of posts/flags/stars you go ad free. At least that's how it used to work. Remember when ATS had different borders around posts? I think when mine turned gold or something back in the day the ads stopped.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I don't have adblockers installed either - it's just the block popup thing on Chrome I use.

Like I said - happy with ads (as long as they aren't offensive or intrusive, such us creating popups or randomly taking over the screen with videos and sound.

I know that some of the ads are personalised, to what we have browsed for in search engines and other websites.

*pats the Domo1 Kitty above*

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo
ATS has great SEO ...

SEO = Google fiddler

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
...Mod jobs are voluntary. They don't get paid.

Maybe they don't get paid, because they're not very good...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
That's simple, we get 100% of our revenue from ad networks, as has been stated one trillion, three hundred million, two hundred and twenty four thousand times before.. Now, let me ask you, where do you get your money from?

Thread Closed, because I don't have the patience or the time for the ignorance 11 years has proven to me this question will bring out.

sigh...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join