It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A request for help with the analysis of a dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Last night, I had a really weird dream last night that feels like it has meaning, but I'm stumped.

It was playing out like a story, almost like narration at this point in the dream. It was about Custer--like that civil war guy from the south. (I've lived in both the south and north and learned both versions of how they teach the civil war in school). And Custer (who actually looked like the real Custer) was moving these wheelbarrows full of black oil (crude?). He had four of them. One fell into the lake--but he drank it anyway. Whatever that means. But it felt like it was supposed to be important somehow.

He still had 3 things of oil which were fine and he left them by the shore of the lake. Then, he gets into a bathtub/small swimming pool with three pigs.

It is so weird I am sure it means something. It might mean something totally stupid and that's fine. But I've never dreamt about a civil war soldier before so that kinda stood out to me. And it was almost like the dream was showing me something. I'm open to all interpretations and don't worry--I won't get offended or anything. I just want to know what it means.

edit on 10-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
Last night, I had a really weird dream last night that feels like it has meaning, but I'm stumped.

It was playing out like a story, almost like narration at this point in the dream. It was about Custer--like that civil war guy from the south. (I've lived in both the south and north and learned both versions of how they teach the civil war in school). And Custer (who actually looked like the real Custer) was moving these wheelbarrows full of black oil (crude?). He had four of them. One fell into the lake--but he drank it anyway. Whatever that means. But it felt like it was supposed to be important somehow.

He still had 3 things of oil which were fine and he left them by the shore of the lake. Then, he gets into a bathtub/small swimming pool with three pigs.

It is so weird I am sure it means something. It might mean something totally stupid and that's fine. But I've never dreamt about a civil war soldier before so that kinda stood out to me. And it was almost like the dream was showing me something. I'm open to all interpretations and don't worry--I won't get offended or anything. I just want to know what it means.

This is a very interesting dream. Let me make one correction before I comment. George Custer was not southern. He was born in Ohio, spent most of his childhood in Michigan, and served with the Union Army.

When you awoke from this dream, what were you feeling emotionally? Positive? Fear? Anger? Confused? Are you an environmental activist? This could be insight regarding government and regional conflicts regarding natural resources.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Here, I found this... maybe it will help explain the oil.

Oil has many different meanings and people take the presence of oil in a dream to mean multiple things. When you see oil in your dream it represents things running smoothly (the slickness of the oil) but also can indicate positive growth or finances looking up (making money off of oil). More often than not though, oil dreams indicate positive changes coming.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

THANK YOU! my bad--then yeah union it is. I'm in wisconsin at the moment--thank you.

I felt kinda confused, out of sorts, like everything was a bit surreal when I woke up. Not afraid, but glad that this was reality and that the dream wasn't. Before the Custer dream I had been dreaming about some odd stuff in computer labs and this weird party--stuff to do with school I guess? But before the Custer part of the dream it was basically just random weird dream stuff. The oil and the pigs and stuff weirded me out a bit.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

In dreams you can easily mix a lot of thinks you have read in the days before.

As an example, you read about possible race tensions, fracking causing damage to the environment and dropping oil prices, and those things needed to be emotionally dealt with so you made as story of it in your dreams.

I`m not much into dream explanations, but what I do know is water is about subconscious and people who you see in your dreams are actual you.

So I would say, something tainting (oil) has leaked in your subconscious (water), but it`s not to be worried about because you (Custer) were drinking of the water without a problem.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

yeah i'm not too into reading about oil or anything like that. same with fracking. I read the BBC but I like the health stories and interesting stuff. So oil is really random for me because I honestly never think about it. But that's interesting about the water and the oil.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It`s sometimes only a few seconds in the days preceding which can somehow give you unconsciously a tiny bit of emotion which needs to be processed during sleep.

Dreaming is dealing with those emotions and you do that by making crazy dreams of the things you see.

A lot of times I had dreams and by thinking I was able to trace it back to what had happened (my delay is actual a lot that I dream not from the day itself, but the day before). Try to remember what you have read/saw the day(s) before to see how it fits in your dreams.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

Elements:

General George Custer
Wheelbarrow
4 wheelbarrow loads of Black Oil - possibly crude
Lake of (fresh) water
One load of oil spilled into water and Custer drinks from it
3 loads of oil near the shore
Custer gets into a tub or swimming pool with 3 pigs

Custer's Last Stand may represent the federal government at it's worse fail. Montana may have some meaning here.
Wheelbarrow - Custer is working hard for oil interests to transport oil
Custer spills the oil into the lake - Government allows the spill due to little oversight
Custer drinks from the contaminated water - Government tries to downplay the spill and show it's safe to drink
3 loads of oil near the shore - There are three other oil companies involved with project
Custer gets into a tub or swimming pool with 3 pigs - The pigs are the three big oil businesses and they are all in a tub with the government to clean off the stink from the oil deal that polluted an important source of fresh drinking water.

That's my take.

edit on 11-12-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comment

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Here's a little more information on Montana and Oil and of course there's the Keystone Pipeline project.

Montana’s Vast Untapped Oil Reserves

The U.S. Geological Survey called it the largest continuous oil accumulation it has ever assessed, while cautioning recently that little of the oil could be recovered. Still, as much as 500 billion barrels of oil may be sitting untapped beneath Montana, North Dakota, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba’s Bakken Formation, according to the USGS, a potential supply of oil four times as large as that held in Saudi Arabia’s massive Ghawar region.

. . . studying methods that might get the oil out of the ground effectively, including drilling horizontally into the layered deposits. Extracting oil from deposits in rock required a fracturing method, . . .

www.mtpioneer.com...

Montana Company Announces $40M Oil Deal July 11, 2012 6:20 am • Associated Press
BILLINGS — A Montana oil and gas company says it is acquiring an Australian company's U.S. subsidiary to increase production in the Bakken oil patch in a cash and stock deal worth an estimated $40 million.
The deal combines Billings-based Voyager Oil and Gas, Inc. with a subsidiary of Emerald Oil and Gas NL of Australia.

www.washingtonpost.com... BAQnWW_story.html

The fact that Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) has fought so hard for the Keystone XL pipeline . . . Baucus has emerged as one of Capitol Hill’s fiercest proponents of the project, largely because the pipeline extension will mean that oil extracted from parts of Montana and North Dakota will have an easier route to Gulf Coast refineries.

But in the regions the pipeline would pass through, local concerns are more powerful. Many Nebraskans — including the state’s governor, Republican Dave Heineman — raised concerns last year that the initial route could threaten the state’s Ogallala aquifer, a critical drinking-water source, with a potential spill.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
one thing that I dont think I made clear in my op is that he did not drink the water but instead the oil that had some water in it from going in the lake. even though normally that wouldn't be possible. but it was clear that the oil being drunk was the big point that the dream was making.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
OK, the water contaminated the oil and Custer drank the oil. It could still mean basically the same thing, the government drinks the oil, perhaps the 4th wheelbarrow that had water in it was the government's cut of the production. Three pigs each have a wheelbarrow and one is Custer's cut, but it seems that water is connected and I suspect some kind of contamination.

If you have had a glimpse of the future, I would expect something to happen in about 3 weeks.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Okay, water dreams, in my experience it symbolizes my emotion, sometimes your dreams can tell you when you are going to hit a rough spot in life. I am no rocket scientist at this, but what color was the water it self? Was it rough, large? Small? A lake? Flowing water? Sure sounds like this dream means something. I dream of tsunamis when I am about to shift moods (I am bi polar). Have you tried to Google the pig meaning?

Oh this is interesting. " To see a pig in your dream symbolizes dirtiness, greediness, stubbornness or selfishness. Alternatively, the pig may represent gluttony, opulence and overindulgence. Perhaps it refers to someone who is dirty or someone who is chauvinistic."

How did the pigs look? Were they cute, fat?
edit on 18-12-2014 by Lovelyful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lovelyful

it was a fairly legit sized lake, with the silt and stuff making it slightly murky when disturbed but clear otherwise. when the water was still, you could see to the bottom. I was near the shallows of the lake but it went up to about my waist. I was in the water for some reason watching all of this go down with Custer and the pigs, feeling slightly confused but mainly like a bystander and like the whole situation didn't involve me literally, but like I was supposed to watch it go down. There was this narration voice--and it was not my own voice. It was one of those bland male history cassette-tape kinda voices. Very moderate sounding.

The pigs were dirty, not like totally soiled but definitely smudged up. They were smallish pink pigs. I'm 5'2 and they came up to about my knee or a little under that. They seemed happy and kinda just doing their own thing. You could still see their white hair but some of it was dirty--until they got into the tub/pool thing with Custer lol Then they were just chilling there--almost humanish actually. Like seated on the steps of the pool and right side up and not horizontal when floating. Custer was standing fully-clothed in the middle of the tub/pool with him arms akimbo looking at the pigs with derision. I was facing Custer at first then did a left hand turn around the pool to look at the panoramic view. And then I woke up.

They may have been talking--the pigs I mean--and they were laughing and cavorting around before getting into the bath. But once they got into the bath everything went totally still. And it was just Custer glowering down at them while from my P.O.V I was just looking around and I remember reminding myself to be careful around the edges of the pool so that I didn't slip and fall (but that's just me being safe I think. I usually remind myself of that whenever I'm around a concrete in-ground pool because my mommy warned me to be careful when I was a kid
so lame
)

edit on 18-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

I'm thinking maybe the pigs had something to do with one of the wheelbarrows of oil spilling during the lake scene. I'd forgotten but Custer was leading them toward the lake intending to go around it. Each wheelbarrow was perched atop a large tire which was also precariously perched without any sort of straps or rope onto the back of a horse. Whether or not a pig did it, I recall the tire on top of one of the horses rolling a bit as they descended the hill, heading at a 60 degree angle for the lake on uneven terrain (patchy grass, rocks. Reminded me of how the ground looked back where I lived in South Carolina--it was hard) and the tire rolls off the horse's neck and bounces when it hits the ground right near the start of the lake, sending the wheelbarrow with oil careening into the water where it sank (some oil still in tact below the water's surface).

And last thing: it's odd but this is the second dream I've had with horses and tripping and water that has stuck out to me as being weird. The first one happened years ago and had to do with a weird man in a top hat and monocle with a clipboard asking me and a group of young people personal questions like address etc. We were on a stage that was lit by what seemed like hellfire or like it was a giant boiler room. There were large buff men wrapped in chains 40ft up on the catwalk working the bellows of the furnace or something. Then all of a sudden there's the sound of galloping and out of the wings I see this semi-clothed muscle man atop a great white stallion carrying this woman in white who was limply hanging on. The man pulls violently on the reins, the horse rears and somehow topples into a giant barrel full of frothing water. The horses eyes are rolled back into its head, sweat is glistening on the horse's coat wetly. The man is struggling and the woman is screaming as they, impossibly, sink slowly--drowning apparently. O.O

I had that last dream way back when I was a sophomore or junior in highschool. I'm 23 now. lol there's probably no connection but it would be cool if there was. That one dream has literally been one of the most confusing ones that I've ever had, but it was so long ago that i'd given up trying to figure it out
edit on 18-12-2014 by rukia because: rambling about more stuff

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's very hard to analyze someone else's dreams....It's difficult enough as it is to analyze your own...There are a number of factors involved though.

First you need to rule in favor of it actually having meaning....Which is simple enough I suppose. Having read or watched anything before going to sleep, even eating something, can often times affect our dreams. The consumption of any drugs or alcohol, obviously may impact them as well. If you feel like this dream was indeed meaningful and not sensory overload then I'll go ahead and continue **** If you feel you may have overloaded your senses, you need not continue to read....***

First of all, dreams are a reflection of our true selves, no matter the circumstances....Custer in this case more than likely is your subconscious, however there is a slight possible he doesn't....in which case, only you would truly know for sure. Barrels of oil generally, from my knowledge, represent resources you have that are in demand...The barrels may or may not have come with positive/negative connotations, only you would know based on what you felt, however, the negative may symbolize the abuse or neglect of resources....(this IS a broad sweeping generalization as in, resources could be just about anything, including something as simple as someone not lending a hand when you felt they could have...)

As per the above, the 3 leftovers would be remaining resources, obviously. Lakes more often than not represent unconscious thoughts, negative situations, or uncertainty. The shore, or any other surrounding areas visible to you for that matter, would represent your solutions or safe harbor. The shore being visible to you means you know how to approach the "problem". Placing the barrels there....well self explanatory right? That is how you would safe-guard your remaining resources....

Now this is kind of where it gets tricky...Bathtubs/swimming pools can mean a variety of things, but are generally accepted as being cleansing or comfortable. This would imply you feel comfortable about how you've dealt (or are dealing, or will deal) with any issues*...(*abuse of resources?)

Pigs....most of the time pigs make me think selfish, greed, overindulgence, insensitivity....Getting into the bathtub WITH the pigs would mean you also feel comfortable with your actions...(you won't feel like you were being selfish or insensitive)
OR alternatively, it could mean that you are cleansing yourself of your selfish/insensitive/greedy behaviors....

Also, as I read further posts, you mentioned the barrels were resting on tires....tires are indicative of your own confidence, self-esteem, or condition of your ego...This would indicate your resources were attached to your confidence or self-esteem and you may have suffered a bruised ego when the barrel fell off.....

In conclusion You, or someone you know, (Custer) made a poor decision managing their resources (dropping oil) but not a deadly blunder (still drinks it, everything is 'k')...and is now in the process of safeguarding their future choices and cleansing themselves of past mistakes(barrels on shore, tub time with piggies)

One final note: Dreams are wonderful things and interpreting them can lead to some amazing insight...but unless you keep a journal then it's very hard to remember everything...and without every detail, it's nearly impossible to get an accurate interpretation....Hope this helps though....

A2D
edit on 18-12-2014 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The North (represented by Custer) some how contaminates the water supply with oil (fracting?) and continues to drink it anyways. While some oil is lost, there is still enough to make a profit, but there still runs the risk of further contamination (that is why Custer irresponsibly leaves the good barrels by the shore). This dipicts the North possibly becoming militarized again as it was during the civil war. It may be lead by a leader as corrupt as Custer who bathes (jacuzzi?) with swine (oil companies). This hypothetical uprising will be financed by oil.

Do you believe that Jesus died for your sins? Maybe its just a dream, or maybe its more than that. What date did you have this dream?

edit on 21-12-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: changed south to north...my civil war history is a bit fuzzy.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

WOW.
Your analytical skills are really something else. Absolutely spot-on. I thought that I was good with analyzing symbolism and such but I now realize that I still have much to learn. Gave me more than one 'aha' moment with regards to that dream. ^_^ Tyvvm

a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Yes, I am indeed saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. I've grown somewhat weak due to the extensive fire that I've been undergoing these past few years (very long story that I'll post about sometime when it feels right) Thank you for asking--I really appreciate that. You helped to remind me that, no matter what goes down, and regardless of if the dream means A. or B. or C. or none of the above: He is good and loves me--and all of us, for that matter.

Gotta remember to keep dat faith an' the peace an' the love, y'know

God bless you.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Years and years of practice friend. Been doing this for close to 20 years now. Glad I could help.
A2D

new topics

top topics

join