It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasury Department willing to spend up to $200,000 on Survival Kits For Bank Employees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Survival kits will be delivered to every major bank in the United States.

The Department of Treasury is seeking to order survival kits for all of its employees who oversee the federal banking system, according to a new solicitation. The emergency supplies would be for every employee at the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), which conducts on-site reviews of banks throughout the country. The survival kit includes everything from water purification tablets to solar blankets. The government is willing to spend up to $200,000 on the kits, according to the solicitation released on Dec. 4. The survival kits must come in a fanny-pack or backpack that can fit all of the items, including a 33-piece personal first aid kit with “decongestant tablets,” a variety of bandages, and medicines. The kits must also include a “reusable solar blanket” 52 by 84 inches long, a 2,400-calorie food bar, “50 water purification tablets,” a “dust mask,” “one-size fits all poncho with hood,” a rechargeable lantern with built-in radio, and an “Air-Aid emergency mask” for protection against airborne viruses.

freebeacon.com...
It is not clear why the Treasury Department is ordering the kits.

Do they know something we don't?
edit on 10-12-2014 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
They might be worried about riots and bombings that target them.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
They have never had these kits before so why do they think they need them now?
kits like these aren`t something that office workers would normal have a need for.They must know something we don`t otherwise they wouldn`t waste $200,000 on something which they have never needed before.
They must feel that there is a better than 50/50 chance that they will be needing these kits at some point in the near future.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
They may know something is coming but the most likely answer is that someone in procurement for that agency or on the house panel that funds it has someone close to them selling survival goods and it's just more pork.
edit on 10-12-2014 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Do their workers' union contracts allow forced overtime?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Guess we know who to loot first if SHTF

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Sounds like more government waste. The company supplying them is probably going to charge a thousand times more than you can buy one at a local market.

The items are ridiculous the necessity use them in local situation nonexistent. Someone somewhere is getting a kickback.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

They should have sent me the RFQ. I would have sent them a sample, it would have been a backpack with a nice reusable rope in it, fashioned into a 13 loop noose. Plus maybe some antiseptic for the rope burns and some bandaids just in case they cut themselves on the way down LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
They may know something is coming but the most likely answer is that someone in procurement for that agency or on the house panel that funds it has someone close to them selling survival goods and it's just more pork.

this is the most accurate consipracy statement yet.

while it may be for something they know about, PORK PORK PORK!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

And by the looks of that amount it should last them a few days..I suspect this is for some natural disaster plan. We have plans at work that are similar but are referred to as a Coop plan or Continuity of Operation...makes sense..I think all companies should have one...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I remember when the COOP plan was hush hush. No one was suppose to talk about it! And if you did it was a major deal.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
With all the banker suicides as of late, this is not surprising news.

Bet we see more suicides too.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

that or it's the end of their fiscal year and they have money left in the budget, and trying to burn though it so they can get more next year. i use to get request for quotes and bids from all sorts of government agencies when their fiscal year ended.

edit on 10-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

And by the looks of that amount it should last them a few days..I suspect this is for some natural disaster plan. We have plans at work that are similar but are referred to as a Coop plan or Continuity of Operation...makes sense..I think all companies should have one...

Yeah that was my first thought too. We always had emergency kits in school. Makes a lot of sense.

Actually I can't remember if we did that in public school. We did when I was in private school. I think we had to have a three day supply of water and food, an emergency blanket and some other stuff.

This seems like another one of those "The government is buying lots of ammo oh noes" type of deals. I appreciate it being posted, but I highly doubt it's any cause for alarm.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

It goes along with all the ammunition the feds have been hoarding...

Something tells me the feds are gearing up for something and in order to keep it hidden are using obscure federal departments to do it.

new topics

top topics

join