It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any fellow insomniacs here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
if so you will agree it sucks i assume...

i dont have it all the time...it seems to come and go.
i never sleep well. right now i am in the middle of one of my insomnia fits.

seems about like once a month or so i will have a period of about a week where i just cant sleep. of course there is some sleep to be had but not much.
i might have grabbed 3 hours sleep in the past 2 days. i just cant fall out.

nothing seems to help.
i take vicodin every day cause of my hand. ive tried less at night..didnt work. more at night. didnt work.
melatonin. dont work.
ambien. dont work
otc sleeping pills. dont work. i took 7 of them last night and i was still awake at 4:30. just put a movie on
ive been drinking sleepy time tea and/or kava tea at night. no crazy special order stuff. just from wal mart.
it dont work.
there is a plant we do not speak of. yeah, helps a bit but i try not to mess with it too much anymore
drinking is out. i dont like to drink
tried nyquil. dont work. nyquil sleeping pill combo. dont work

what do you guys do besides suffer through it?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Play video games, computer games, or prowl ATS.

Mine isn't very often. Only when my kids are with their mother for the rare overnight stay. I don't sleep at all while they're gone.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Drugs don't work... its a problem of the mind

in most cases I've found the issue is that said person can not stop the mind from thinking

I would try meditation... learn it... practice it

Beer helps too... but perhaps that's just me

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

im definitely not going to sleep tomorrow night.
have to drop my wife off at 8:30 for a sleep study. its going to be strange not having her in the house.
most of the time i wind up on the couch, on the spare bed, or even on the floor in my daughters room.
wherever seems most comfortable at the time.

its going to be too weird with her not in the house...im already bugging out about it

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

i know youre right. i just try to sedate the brain

my brain never stops working. i call it the machinery and it is always going.
sometimes it is about something important or something stressing me out.
other times i am thinking about a movie i watched 20 years ago...

it never stops and i hate it

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I hear ya. Never had that problem with my wife, as I didn't care much for her lol. But as for the kids, I totally get it. When they're at the grandparents, I sleep just fine. Even breathe a sigh of relief with the quietness. But if they're with mom, it's a whole different story. I think some things just stick in people's minds, and they have a hard time slowing the brain down enough to nod off.

Then again, beer helps

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

ambien. dont work

Damn, never heard that one before!

You've said all that I would of suggested, melatonin works like a charm for me.
Good luck

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: Akragon

i know youre right. i just try to sedate the brain

my brain never stops working. i call it the machinery and it is always going.
sometimes it is about something important or something stressing me out.
other times i am thinking about a movie i watched 20 years ago...

it never stops and i hate it

That is why I suggested meditation my friend...

it teaches you to do what most people can't... which is of course, quieting the mind...

Oh by the way... Video games don't work either lol

Theres nothing worse then video game dreams... I get minecraft dreams regularly...

sucks...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i just dont see myself as much for meditation.
i suppose i should try it but i already have it in my head that it wont work

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

1. Its been said that if you cant fall asleep within 30 mins, get back up and do something.

2. Some people need less sleep than others, and sometimes it goes in cycles co-inciding with your body clock.

3. Taking all those "remedies" are not good for you. Especially the OTC-7 of them. The main ingredient is a antihistamic. That is small quantities can cause all sort of problems ie: leg twitches etc.

4. Im feeling that with all youre trying to get to work...and its negative impacts they can have singularily and in combination with each other...that you are ignoring the predominant message here: that your body is telling you it doesnt want to sleep at the time.

Out of all your ideas about a remedy...why are you neglecting the one point your body is making? That for whatever reason...it does not want or need to sleep at that particular time.

Realize that happens from time to time, and your body will sleep when its needs to. On its own.*

*I take small dose of OTC sleep meds myself, so I do understand. I still think youre trying to force it though....

MS
EMT/ERT

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It really depends on the approach...

there are many ways to go about it...

give this a try if you have a bit of time to read... and get the idea that something won't work before even attempting it out of your head

reluctant-messenger.com...
edit on 10-12-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

i dont do all those things a the same time.
i guess i am paying attention to the fact that i feel tired and i want to sleep.
i am tired at 10pm so i lay down. then i get up and try again at midnight. then i get up and try again at 2. then i get up and try at 4.
it sucks.
if i didnt feel tired i wouldnt lay down.

i know some people need less sleep than others but 3 hours out of 48 does not seem right to me

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I use this, warning though, it can give some nightmares for a short while because it triggers repressed feelings, so during dreams it can be therapeutic, but it clears them too. It works not for everyone.

Link

And an other option which seems to work for even more people is oils...

Li nk

I also don`t see any problem to use them both if needed.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Have you tried reading?

I don't mean a couple of lines, or a few comments on ATS.

Get into a novel.

Concentrated reading is sure to knock you out.

Or driving long distance.

Drive 300 miles and try staying awake.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

After working graveyard the last few years I now find myself in a situation were I need to be up at 6:00 a.m. and lights out at 10:00 p.m..

No sleeping pills or concoctions, otc or otherwise, work for me either.

What does help is deep breathing. A long full inhale through the nose and long full exhale out the mouth. Do about a dozen or more. I get relaxed and a feeling of well being.

I also use acupressure at the web of the hand between where the thumb and index finger meet. Use a thumb to apply steady pressure and hold for around a minute. I get a good release of endorphins that further relaxes me.

I use to think this kind of stuff was bull but, hey, it's working for me so it might work for you.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

i think i will pass on the repressed trigger
thanks though
lots stuff in there i dont need coming to the surface

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
Have you tried reading?

I don't mean a couple of lines, or a few comments on ATS.

Get into a novel.

Concentrated reading is sure to knock you out.

Or driving long distance.

Drive 300 miles and try staying awake.

all the time.
i have a couple thousand books laying around.

what happens is i will be laying there reading, feeling like i am going to fall out.
put the book down and try to crash and nothing...
feel tired but cant get there

ive driven from ohio to florida and florida to ohio straight through more times than i can count.
18 hours behind the wheel the wheel and still no sleep.

get the white line fever but cant fall out
edit on 10-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Grovit I can tell you its a real bitch, I just went a period of months and months without hardly any sleep at all.
I believe it was about 6 months straight and it almost drove me mad.
It got so bad at one point I went to the hospital for help because of my hallucinations both visual and mostly audio.

They tried sleeping pills for me and they didn't work and because of that my stress level just kept going up till it was do something or I die. (not by my own hand) I just figured I could not go on much longer in that state of mind.

After dozens of doctor appointments we finally found the answer and that was to re-introduce one of my old heart meds back into the game.

Took one that day and that night it was lights out, I know it just applies to my situation and my post is no help to you but I can and do relate to the torture you are going through at this time in your life.

It was so bad for me I did a thread which I won't link here so as I do not derail your thread.
If your curious just look for this....( Is lack of sleep a major health concern?) in the medical forum.

I wish you luck my friend and I wish I could help you sleep.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Dreaming is dealing with them, so it might help out also. I talked with someone on here who had PTSD who had used it and it worked well for him (he used the not sleep version with attacks). It`s only a couple of days normally before it will normalise again, but everyone is different of course.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Are you eating anything like Salmon? Some people at work used to eat salmon and found they couldn't get to sleep - those fish actually don't ever sleep.

What is the daylight like where you are? Is it bright at 8am, or is it just cloudy? For the Winter months I use a timeswitch to simulate natural daylight. Having long nights / short days just messes up my routine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join