It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus' birthday.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
By now many of you know that my research focuses on the Paleo-Hebrew solar calendar. According to my findings, the Biblical calendar starts and ends every year with the vernal equinox. Each month consists of 30 days, except the 12th month which is 35.25 days long to fill out the year. The Post-Babylonian Luni-solar calendar that was popularized by the rabbis, was not adopted by the Jews until the Babylonian exile. The Rabbinical Luni-solar calendar requires a 13th month every 2 to 3 years for intercalation, however, the bible makes no mention of a 13th month.

Now, today (evening of December 9th-10th) is the 24th day of the 9th month. This is when the Temple was rededicated during the Maccabean revolution and also a popular date for messianic utterances (Haggai 2:10 & 20).

Jesus' birth was the incarnation of the Temple. Then, on His 8th day, He would have been circumcized to signify the dedication of the Temple.

Today, ladies and gentlemen, is the true Christmas.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Ok, I'm curious.

18th of Kislev, 5775 is today's date in the Hebrew calendar. I am not quite understanding your calendar date, where that comes from.

Also, how have you arrived at Jesus being born in sync with the rededication? Yes He is the incarnation of the living Temple according to Scripture, but how does this fit with dates? Your Haggai reference supports the date for the rededication, but where is there any Scripture source for identifying Christ's birth?

I'm not saying you are wrong. I would like to know a little more about how you have come to this conclusion. I know you to be a very decent commentator on Scripture and so I am taking this seriously.

The Ethiopian Orthodox Church celebrate Christmas on 7 January. I wonder how they arrived at that date?

edit on 10-12-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: extra bit.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Have you run this theory by the academics, who have been debating this for a thousand or more years? Seriously. Maybe you've figured out something no one else has. I'd like to hear what they have to say about it.

edit on 12/10/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Pardon my brevity in this post however, how many of us truly care? After all what is the difference? In accordance with the New Testament (the parts that made it to public view), the man dies for our sins. Being born should not logically be the celebration, rather the purported saving of humanity right? Why do we not celebrate the saving of humanity purported day instead?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I liked this explanation of when He was born . Nissan 1

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

You are asking some very loaded but valid questions. I cannot answer them at this time since Im on my break at work, but when I get home and have my notes in front of me, I promise to answer the best I can.

In the meantime, remember that Jesus was the Lamb, and His death fulfilled the Passover. The Holy Spirit baptized the Church on pentacost (the grain harvest), so Jesus being the Temple would naturally follow the Dedication Feast per Haggai. The bible uses all kinds of cleaver little hints.

Here's another snippet to wrap your mind around. Mary was pregnant for 273 days or 39 weeks (see numbers 3:50). Then Jesus was dedicated on the 280th day, or 40th week.....40 is testing.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Who cares he isn't real anyway !

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Boy, are you in for one hell of a surprise.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Boy, are you in for one hell of a surprise.

No you are !
Seeing is believing !
Have u seen ?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Ive seen things that you would not believe. Soon you will see with your own eyes. Remember my words.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

18th of Kislev, 5775 is today's date in the Hebrew calendar. I am not quite understanding your calendar date, where that comes from.

Ok so first off, the year to date is 6122 (counting from the fall of Adam), not 5775. The Jews are missing some years, and the luni-solar nonsense compounds the confusion. These dates are derived by counting the syllables in various Psalms and Prophecies in the Hebrew OT and Greek NT. THIS IS NOT BIBLE CODES. The prophecies were written in a rythmic rhetorical style known as metering to aid in memorization for those who didnt have a private copy of the bible. This metering (which is always divisible by seven, breaking with the syntax) allows us to recount the historical fulfillment of prophecy and reconstruct the biblical calendar. The meter only works with solar years. Here is more on the meter if you are interested, the research is not my own.

www.brainout.net...

Ive confirmed that the same metering pattern can be found in Zephaniah (Hebrew chapter divisions 1,2,&3). Counting syllables takes about a month's worth of basic Hebrew grammar.

Here is information on the Bible's solar calendar:

www.brainout.net...

So, if we go on the assumption that Jesus was concieved on Adar 25, then 273 days later is the first day of Chanuka. Then, on the 8th day is the Dedication. Then, 273 more days after the dedication is Yom Theruah, the Feast of Trumpets (180th day after the vernal equinox). So, you see, it fits the calendar for Jesus to be born on Chanuka.

This isnt exactly a birth certificate, but it makes sense according to prophecy.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Have you run this theory by the academics, who have been debating this for a thousand or more years? Seriously. Maybe you've figured out something no one else has. I'd like to hear what they have to say about it.

Ive gone to a few people with various theories, I often find the scholars to be close-minded and territorial. I prefer to inspire the non-scholarly community of believers to do the research themselves. Most of the tools we need are readily accessible in this age. If one day the general public is able to learn the truth, then what will the scholars have left to do? All I have is pencil, paper, an Interlinear Bible and a smart phone.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Lambs can be born during any season.

www.sheep101.info...

I dont trust Jonathan Cahn, he blurs the dispensational barriers and generalizes the prophecies.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Christ birth was not born on dec 25th. Most likly in late September.

edit on 10-12-2014 by guitarplayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

I dont know how much of my OP you bothered to read, but I did not say December 25th, I said December 10th, as in today. His birth fulfilled the temple dedication feast.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You are still looking at it from a pagan perspective (solar) which is what everybody didn't want and what everybody is trying to stop now about the 25th.

So, you are still clogging the minds of human beings with garbage.

Why can't you just be holy?

Why can't you just do good deeds, and aspire to please the spirit of Christ?

Why do you have to confuse people with your prideful and stubborn ideas? Craving a power of being right. Well you being right and you being righteous are too entirely different things. One is against Christ, one is For Christ.

That doesn't have anything to do with righteousness.

All the ignorant people talking about Christ don't do anything he asked you to. The word is complete Hypocrite. I can't believe people shutter at the thought of listening to anybody including Christ, they are so selfish, everything has to be their way, well the true way is Sacrifice for others - they cannot do that to the slightest degree. They are a complete failure in every teaching of their own religion.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I was simply stating that he was not born on dec 25. John was 6 month older then Jesus. Zacharias, was a priest serving in the Jerusalem temple during the course of Abijah, historical calculations indicate this course of service corresponded to June 13-19 in that year. Assuming John's conception took place near the end of June, adding nine months brings us to the end of March as the most likely time for John's birth. Adding another six months (the difference in ages between John and Jesus (Luke:1:35-36) brings us to the end of September as the likely time of Jesus' birth. Now when the first Christian celebrated His birth it is not known.

)) brings us

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I dont know how much of my OP you bothered to read, but I did not say December 25th, I said December 10th, as in today. His birth fulfilled the temple dedication feast.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: greyer

Ok then, the Lunisolar calendar requires a 13th intercalary month every 2 to 3 years. Show me where the Bible mentions a 13th month. Your so quick to judge my character, show me how Rosh Khodesh can logically mean "new moon". The moon stabilizes the earth's rotation, which keeps the Feasts in seasons. The lunar calendar is the pagan garbage.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Since the sacred year (months 1-6) and the civil year (months 7-12) mirror each other, Zacharias could have been serving March 13-19 or November 18-16....Abijah being the 8th week of the sacred and civil years. Luke does not state how long after Gariel's visitation to Zacharias, that his wife concieved, but I believe John the Baptist was born on Pentacost (May 31st), since John went before Jesus, gathering and alerting the people. I do suspect that there were 105 days between Zacharias' vision and Elizabeth's conception, but that is just a hypothesis (105 is an important biblical number). John was also filled with the Holy Spirit which is associated with Pentacost as well. Now, Mary was visited in the 6th month, but this could have been the 6th month of the civil year, Adar, since Elizabeth was already 6 months pregnant.

So, we have two birth dates that are 6 months apart: Pentacost and Chanuka. Time to match the characters to the Feasts.

John the Baptist who was filled with the Holy Spirit from birth was set out to go before Jesus to gather His congregation. He fits Pentacost.

Jesus was the Temple incarnate. Like all Jewish males, he would have been circumcized and dedicated on His 8th day. His feast was the 8 day feast of Chanuka (translated dedication).

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'd like to point something else out for those who continue to insist that the biblical calendar is luni-solar. As stated earliery, the first 6 months of the year mirrored the last 6 months, and there were 24 priestly courses per year. Each priest served two courses that lasted 7 days each. The lunar year is 355 days long, and all lunisolar calendars require a 13th month every 2 or 3 years for intercalation. If each month had 4 Priestly courses, how could a 13th month harmonize with these courses?

If each course lasted 7.6 days, that would fill a full solar year.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join