It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture Report-More Evidence that America's Chickens Are Coming Home To Roost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm no fan or Jermiah Wright (or his cohorts and followers, for that matter).I honestly don't know enough about the man personally to make an informed judgement, but even if he is what the media has painted him to be, I always consider that it took a jackass speak the truth to Baalam.

Wright was excoriated for a sermon wherein he made the statement that "America's chickens are coming home to roost." I've embedded the context of that statement below because what he says hits home with my thoughts.'

We are shocked to see the denial of basic human rights and even life to US Citizens by our own people in authority - those who are charged with the responsibility of protecting and serving us, the people.

We are shocked to see acts of wanton violence in our streets, to see people afraid to walk the streets of their own towns.

However, as Wight says here, we the people "have supported state terrorism ... and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back into our own front yards! America's chickens are coming home to roost."

We are shocked to read a report admiting to something that we all knew all along. Oh, some of us grumbled about it, were indignant and posted stuff on Facebook proving it. But we did not stop it, as though we were all without power and had no means of holding the feet of the perpetrators to the fire. Our collective inaction implicated us in the sins of our leaders.

We - the American people - are a part of the machine that did these things.

Can we be shocked when we see the same things happening on our own streets?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

yeah the torture thing is bad horrible and disgusting but what I think is worse that is right in front of our face is the drone attacks. The civilian casuality rates are high. And when the U.S. government does apologize (that's probably few and far between) it seems half hearted, like they spilled milk. opps were such a clutz.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thay report is just the tip of the iceburg... There is so much we still dont know about what the CIA is doing behind closed doors.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

yeah the torture thing is bad horrible and disgusting but what I think is worse that is right in front of our face is the drone attacks. ...

That's exactly my point. It's not just the torture stuff. IndependentAgent is right, that's just one tip of a big, deep and dark iceberg.

I believe in the old adage that what goes around comes around. We (the US) have thought for years that we can do these things with impunity.

Wright's other sermon for which he was also excoriated was the one where he said "God damn America." That one, as well, was pulled way out of context. He had some truth to speak there, too.

Again, I'm no apologist or supporter of Wright. I don't know enough of him to make a judgement. But when any main stream infotainment outlet turns against somebody, I'm inclined to give that person my ear.

I really believe that the scary, unrighteous stuff we're seeing on the streets of the US now is just that which went around coming back around. That's the idea I want to bounce off of people, see if it sounds like there's something there.

edit on 2014 12 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
To be honest if someone TORTURED my Son, and I could gain access to the person/people responsable...

I would probably cut their head/s off.

If some group of Outsiders came into my city and enforced their law and their will, on me, my family, and my Countrymen. I would not hesitate to disrupt their operations in any way I could. I would get with like minded people and take up arms against my Opressors, at the cost of life or limb. I would resist and be the thorn in their side, exposing their Evil to themselves, and the World.

Hmmmm....

Seems we are born into one side of the ball or the other. I did not choose what our "Leaders" did. I did not support those who work toward their agenda. I love my Country and our way of life and will fight to keep it, with no regard for my Enemy's cause, or where they call home, as they are intitled to them as I expect to be with mine. Only, with honor. We have lost honor. Now there is none even amongst the theives. There is no honor in torturing another human, or in depriving him of his basic rights as a human. It can NEVER be justified. A man could be made to swear that he saw a mouse crap out the moon, in open court, if you break him enough. It leads to NO gain. Only, long nights of horrid sleep.

Ouch... I just twisted my ankle getting off my High Horse
edit on 10-12-2014 by wastedown because: grammar

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The big story is the realization that whatever the CIA does abroad, they can and will use domestically.
There is no boundary they won't cross.

If anyone reading this believes there is one or more reasons why the Executive branch wouldn't do the same things to US citizens within the US borders, please take this opportunity to express that.

(post by mcChoodles removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent

THE SHIPS! TELL'EM about the ships( They NEVER believe me)

Why is everyone acting like they are above it?
FROM 1950 ON we have picked a FIGHT with JIHADISTS in the open AND secrecy. Yes it's true, revell in your victory by stepping up to be punished for it then.
I function otherwise.
edit on 10-12-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Here is my opinion, the opinion of someone who lives outside of the US, in Europe :

The CIA torture. The cops killing people for no reason. The NSA spying. The 2 atomic bombs on Japan. The multiple conflicts, coups d'état, assassinations, destabilizations. The genocide on Native people. The crazy ideology of capitalism which has invaded the planet and created so much inequality and waste and conflicts and pollution. The love for guns which are tools made to kill. Arresting people because they wanna feed the needy. There is more..

Your culture is sick, your values are sick. The US had so much influence on the world that it could have created some kind of paradise on Earth, but it failed so badly, and instead we have the world of today, a sick world. You are so in love with violence and hatred that you shouldn't be surprised by the government and the cops you have. Your culture produced it.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

The big story is the realization that whatever the CIA does abroad, they can and will use domestically.
There is no boundary they won't cross.

If anyone reading this believes there is one or more reasons why the Executive branch wouldn't do the same things to US citizens within the US borders, please take this opportunity to express that.

Precisely. I often say of the concept of judgment that the cause of judgment often becomes the very vehicle of judgment.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

While I (as a US citizen) agree with everything you say about what the Empire Builders have done, I don't think that one can blame the sorry state of the world on the US. If it had not been for our gov't, somebody else would have risen (or sunk) to the occasion.

People are just rotten.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
Here is my opinion, the opinion of someone who lives outside of the US, in Europe :

The CIA torture. The cops killing people for no reason. The NSA spying. The 2 atomic bombs on Japan. The multiple conflicts, coups d'état, assassinations, destabilizations. The genocide on Native people. The crazy ideology of capitalism which has invaded the planet and created so much inequality and waste and conflicts and pollution. The love for guns which are tools made to kill. Arresting people because they wanna feed the needy. There is more..

Your culture is sick, your values are sick. The US had so much influence on the world that it could have created some kind of paradise on Earth, but it failed so badly, and instead we have the world of today, a sick world. You are so in love with violence and hatred that you shouldn't be surprised by the government and the cops you have. Your culture produced it.

Well, to be honest and historically correct, our culture of aggression/oppression is simply an extension/continuation of that which was started by the British Empire. While yes we gained our independence from them and such, we carried on their murderous ways. Just as children repeat the sins/mistakes of their parents, we've continued down the same path.

Basic American tenet, if it isn't right & white it really doesn't matter what we do to it. Our history is example after example of that basic truth.

Derek

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The Nazis won WWII. Just not in the conventional sense. But the Nazi meme won the world.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

The Nazis won WWII. Just not in the conventional sense. But the Nazi meme won the world.

America has entered dark days. I'm glad I don't have any kids to witness this decline into Fascism, brutality
and ignorance.

top topics

join