It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C'Mon... It's Weird Quirk Confession Time!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I say the word "Burp" as I'm burping. Only when cool to do so of course.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have a weird habit that if i bump into a door or table etc, i always seem to apologise to it lol

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I can't stand for my face to stay cold. In winter I sleep with a scarf,(fleece), draped around my head so that only my mouth is free.

If I get a cold I will rub Vicks on the soles of my feet.

I also name my cars, a car is female, first and last names, and they each have to have something to hang from the mirror, that is only theirs. Example, my first car was Abigail Chapultepec and I found a small green glass grasshopper as her ornament. Chapultepec is Spanish for grasshopper.
edit on 12-12-2014 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

Must be regional spanish. I know grasshopper to be chapulin.

but i name all my cars "ol bessy". Im on my 10th or so.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I named her after Chapultepec Park in Mexico City, which I was fortunate to be able to visit. Sort of fell in love with it.

The name Chapultepec stems from the Nahuatl word chapoltepēc which means "at the grasshopper's hill".
en.wikipedia.org... I assumed it was Spanish, my bad.

"ol Bessie number 10" lol My current car is Lily Monet, sort of after the artist and one of his famous painting 'Water Lilies'
edit on 12-12-2014 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Oh, i was conversing....sorry.

It is spanish, in use by the folks in Mexico. My wife and I joke that a real Mexican has an X in their name (she identifies as "Mexican" even though her family was last "Mexican" before the Texas independence).

Just commentary, but I appreciate the link. I love Mexico and its history immensely.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I place cups open side down and glasses open side up in the cupboard.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I do this too, although I had no idea why, but I did
grow up in similar circumstances.

Rebel 5

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I sing top 40 songs in the shower, but only in over he top foreign accents complete with poor syntax and pronunciation. Ie. I'll sing "it's too late to apologize" in a heavy hindu accent. Or I'll sing "If you think I'm sexy" in a heavy russian accent or even better in a cheech marin accent. completely botching the lyrics. Botching the lyrics is the best part. I have no idea why I do this. And god knows what my neighbors think. It's just sorta fun. try it. Sing any top 40 song in your shower in the andy kaufman generic foreign guy accent. you'll feel like your young again. maybe 10 years old type of young. But young none the less!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
I don't match my socks.
I throw them in the drawer straight from the dryer and wear whatever two I pull out. I figure no one can see them when I wear pants, and if they do, so what?

I throw all my socks in a drawer too, however,
almost all of them are white so I always match
(at least in color)

Rebel 5

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I sound like a Velociraptor when I a stretch

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

You might have just won this thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I simply HAVE to touch things with my other hand.

Let me explain..

Ever since I was a child I've felt the need to *balance things out* so to speak. If for instance, I'm walking by the coffee table and happen to bump my left leg, I then bump my right leg off the table in a similar fashion.

In my younger years it wasn't as easy to resist the urges that I feel now. I remember going to the bus stop in tears many times because something was *off balance* that morning.

This affects all my *extremities* but the most noticeable is my hands.

That did feel good to share.

If you need me I'll be hiding over here in the corner, patiently awaiting my liberation.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Well, I've got another quirk: All of my instruments are getting names. My "steampunk trumpet" (so called because it's 3 colors) is being named Aura, my backup Trillian (because it has a golden lacquer, so I immediately thought of the Heart of Gold from Hitchhiker's), and my official violin Silvie.

Although it's a bit childish, I can get away with it, because all three are instruments that I've found myself, and paid for myself. Plus, the reason for female-ish names? Well, us brass players are amazing kissers, because we have to kiss the instrument in order to play it...so why not have it be a female for a guy?

-fossilera
PS: Pictures coming next year, as Aura is getting dolled up in clear lacquer for a concert.
edit on 16/12/2014 by fossilera because:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I have so many quirks my wife and the other gals in my house have a term for it...."Chrisisms".
My wife is even working on a scrapbook, cataloging them.....

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I got one. I talk to my dogs. A lot lol. Also, if I'm doing something, more often than not you'll hear me say, "Damn hands." It's because I dropped something-more like my hands let go of something. It happens a lot. I have little to no feeling in them.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
What is it that causes your hands to drop things? I have all of my feeling but my hands just "let go" of things (usually small things like pencils, pens, and other small objects.)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I hurt my shoulders working in a factory. They've actually popped out of socket a few times since. On top of that, I have carpal tunnel syndrome. I little to no feeling in them and can't tell if I'm holding something. Sometimes they just let go.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is a quirk or a superstition - or maybe they're the same thing. We have a section of hwy that runs between a massive boulder which was blown apart when they built the road. It's a major route to the ski resorts, locals just call it silent rocks. When passing through this you must do so in silence or it's bad luck. This has been passed down for decades and anyone from the area will know about it. The quirk comes in that I usually say something (in my head of course) to the rock, just wish it a good day. I get it, it sounds weird. I also talk to the river gods before kayaking/rafting... better safe then sorry. Ha

edit on 22-12-2014 by CoaterieSlips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CoaterieSlips

I collect conspiracy theories like some people collect baseball cards. It's entertaining. Some of them are interesting and others are hilarious. This site is great.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join