It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C'Mon... It's Weird Quirk Confession Time!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
My fiance has a bicycle seat/other-peoples' sweat phobia. He won't sit on any bike seat that another person previously sat upon, even if it's wiped with disinfectant or has a completely new seat cover added.

My sister has a nightly ritual wherein she places her hand over each stove burner to make sure there's no heat, even though she knows they're all turned off.

As for me, I eat peanut butter on my pancakes -- with syrup of course. Each pancake must be peanut-buttered before dousing the entire stack in Aunt Jemima.

We're a weird bunch.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My quirks

I neversleep....most every morning I clean my home compulsively...usually find myself taking a smoke break around 4am listening to classical tunes and looking at the moon. ....enjoying the lack of people/movment in the late night. ..... anti social quirk...

I then go all day without eating a bite till dinner time....just dont like to have to stop and eat durring the day....rather be fishing for that extra hour than sit down and eat a meal..its a waste of time to me when a day has only so many hours and you only get so many days in your life....I usually do have a
sugary drink in tow with me through day...but no food........oh ze quirks

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I was doing the exact same thing when i read the first post and then realized it when i read yours. I'll go with evil genius too.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I close doors quietly too, probably because I was told to as a kid and understand how unnecessary it is to slam them.

I also play tunes on my teeth. A bit monotone but some great songs.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Every time I start my car I tell her I love her. Whenever I walk by my SUV (I don't really drive it much anymore) I pat her and tell her I love her. I call them both by name.

If I'm wearing my hiking boots or shoes that are waterproof I stand in puddles because I still think it's super cool that my feet stay dry.

If I drive past a car and the alarm system chirps I will blip the throttle until the alarm goes off.

Sometimes I have to put my head where my feet usually go to get comfortable in bed.

I have some weird body dysmorphia that only involves my feet. I hate people looking at them. Nothing wrong with them, I just think they're goofy looking even though everyone who I've told about this says they look normal and thinks I'm joking. Only time I want to be sockless is when I'm alone, or at the beach/pool. And during sexy times.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I feel SO much better reading this! We are relieved that we are not the only one to do this.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

WTF man I just realized I've mentioned feet three times...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

1. After cooking I go back to make sure the burner is off 4-5 times
  2. TV volume has to be on 15, unless it's late at night; then 12 is acceptable.
  3. When I listen to music on my phone while I work, the volume must be 4 clicks from maximum.
  4. When I drink milk or juice (straight from the jug since I live alone) I swallow in groups of 4. If I accidentally take 5 swallows, I have to quickly add 3 more (this sounded way less dirty in my head).
  5. I bought a pair of pants last January and although they fit, they just feel a bit off. They have been sitting on my chair for nearly a year. I just know if I wear them out somewhere I will be uncomfortable and irritable.
  6. As others have said I also talk to myself using "we." I will plan out my day saying, "We have to do this ... "
  7. I spin my medic alert bracelet in groups of 4 (Is it clear I have OCD yet?)
  8. My books have to be grouped by paperback or hardcover and by author within those groupings.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I always have a blue fuzzy blanket that I refer to as my "woobie". It started as a joke between my first wife and I and it stuck.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

I close doors quietly too, probably because I was told to as a kid and understand how unnecessary it is to slam them.

I also play tunes on my teeth. A bit monotone but some great songs.

I play tunes on my teeth. and on my toes, while sitting. The left pinkie toe is bass, the right pinkie toe is cymbal. The 2 big toes are snare/toms.

If i have a tile floor i like to drum roll my feet (toe-heel/toe-heel). I like to see how fast I can make it go. Im not a drummer, just a dork.

I close doors quietly too. My dad used to yell if we made noise. I also learned to walk on the balls of my feet when on a pier and beam floor. On tile/concrete/solid floors I don't worry about it.

edit on 12/10/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As an author, I tend to talk to myself a lot.

I can run through a whole conversation between characters. Often I want to get the emotions right so I can be quite vocal. I mostly live by myself so it doesn't matter until my neighbor mentioned it. I thought the guy was half deaf, I guess the part can hear.

So I said, "Oh, I'm an author, just getting some parts right, do it all the time."

He seemed either genuinely impressed or was damn good at being polite.

I have found though that the excuse is very valuable for lots of situations.

Next time you are in one of those little embarrassing moments where you have been caught out, just say, "It's OK, I am an (insert occupation here)

Some I would like to try out are Politician and Doctor.

So if you are picking that hair out of your nose and someone sees you, just smile and say, "It's OK, I'm a Politician." It does work, they are so confused trying to tie the two things together it is very funny.

P

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Any food products in our refrigerator over 7 days old is Poison to me and I will not touch it except for cheese and margarine.
This is really odd to me but I count the strokes of my razor when I shave in the morning, but once done shaving don't ask me how many strokes it took :-)
I always put on my right sock and shoe first then the left ones. I have an real problem with the windows being dirty and take care of it pronto, but its ok if the floors in the house are filthy beyond belief.
I am annal retentive when it comes to small things but not the bigger stuff in life.
Enjoying this sharing of quirks we all share one way or another.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I don't think I can tell the difference between a chair and a table.

To me, chairs are for putting stuff on. I have two desks, but when I want to write something I balance the pen and paper on the arm of my chair.

I love my sofa, it's got a low back - flat like a Chesterfield. I can put my tea on there, my lunch, paperwork and sling clothes over it

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
I wake up 10 or 15 minutes before my clock alarm and it really pisses me off.

this an actuaql question do you sleep with your head pointing north?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Oh, another...

You know that old axiom about how we all put our pants on the same way - one leg at a time.

Me, not so much. I'm pretty well settled into the both legs in at once, both legs out at once lifestyle.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure
My fiance has a bicycle seat/other-peoples' sweat phobia. He won't sit on any bike seat that another person previously sat upon, even if it's wiped with disinfectant or has a completely new seat cover added.

My sister has a nightly ritual wherein she places her hand over each stove burner to make sure there's no heat, even though she knows they're all turned off.

As for me, I eat peanut butter on my pancakes -- with syrup of course. Each pancake must be peanut-buttered before dousing the entire stack in Aunt Jemima.

We're a weird bunch.

not at all weird people have traits for a reason, you should(if you can be botherd) you will be suprised how alighned we are with thing we have yet to ujderstand.... and my spelling is one

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure

We're a weird bunch.
also she could be subconsciously checking for carbon monoxide (cole/log burning stove?) she seem an intelligent lady.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Here's a couple quirky ones from past & present.

1. Back in HS, I took marching band as a core class - When we were on the practice field, I knew my drill to the point where I could march eyes closed. Now, if the drill was changed to another direction apart from the one we got done practicing with, I failed miserably (also, to this day I always start out with my left foot, and unconsciously match tempo of any music nearby) .

2. I can't remember most things to save my life, but for some reason I can still play most songs I've heard on my trumpet, and have excellent dream recall. I can name most of the stuff I played in 5th grade, and easily assimilate pretty much whatever I hear.

3. I get shocked off pretty much everything, so I look weird when I try to "discharge" by carefully touching several objects (for reference, I get shocked off my office chair about 20 times).

4. When I have to let one go, I still snicker to myself, and blame it on the Swedish Barking Spiders

5. And, last but not least, I'm entering this one for my cat - She will hang off the arm of a chair (upside down), like a sloth, and try to attack her tail. If she sees that I'm watching, she stops until I look away.
-foss

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i wont drink out of glass.
only plastic

when i am in deep thought i also close my eyes. seems to help me think more.

i goofy about tv volume too.
even if i cant hear it i will only turn it up so far..never past a certain point. i just struggle with hearing it

with netflix i have a dumb thing about having the movie queued up.
for example if i know my evening movie is going to be x.
well hours before hand i will start x and as soon as the first scene starts, i will pause it so when i actually go to watch it in the evening, it is ready to go.

i love potato sticks. you know, the stick form of a chip when i start eating them i always stat out with a single stick at a time. i do that for about half the can then i start to basically drink them.

i have to have the remotes. im talking serious melt down probability if my wife and i are watching a movie and she wants them.
only i shall control when the movie is paused

my bedroom clock, and only that clock is 15 minutes fast. i usually wake up 15 minutes before the alarm goes off so in my head, i am a half hour early.

edit on 10-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here's one I do on ATS. I can't have 4 paragraphs. It has to be one, two, three or five. I also dislike having 6. Same with sentences in paragraphs, though I'm far more lax about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join