It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C'Mon... It's Weird Quirk Confession Time!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

I am getting the idea you are kind of obsessed with the dog flatulence. It's interesting in a slightly creepy kind of way.

I am OCD about those tiny little course hairs that grow out of your ear. I'll work for 15 minutes to get a hold of one.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: Rodinus
Whenever I unintentionally let out a particularly intoxicating fart in company I will always excuse myself and look dead embarrased.

The thing is... Is that when I am by myself and let out the above mention toxic boff... I still apologise and look embarrased...

Well... I say by myself but generally when I am working from home my dog is under my desk!

Dont know why I apologise?... He never does!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Rodinus, old friend, the way to squirt with style is to ease it out so no one hears it, wait a few seconds and then ask anyone in the room "Do you smell cookies?"
That way they inhale extra deep to share in the love you've released.

I shall try that... Thank you :-)

However, knowing myself.... (And EVEN if I have REAL cookies in the oven after an overdose of Brussel sprouts the day before)... I will still apologise after even a silent but deadly cushion creeper!

Oh my... TMI!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I am getting the idea you are kind of obsessed with the dog flatulence. It's interesting in a slightly creepy kind of way.

I am OCD about those tiny little course hairs that grow out of your ear. I'll work for 15 minutes to get a hold of one.

PTDFD....

Work it out for yourself my friend....

Just want to add a little humour and flatulence always gets people smiling.

ETA : I too at the ripe old age of 48 have one of those rebel hairs in my right nostril and also my right ear...

Even when you have pulled the arrogant little bugger out for once and all the "invisible hair" is still there to screw up your day....

Especially when you have a 10 hour drive to do and dont want to stop!

Kindest respects

Rod
edit on 10/12/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Somehow I just knew your post would be flatulence related, cody will be deeply disapointed I am sure.

I always appologise for burping even if alone, I also do it like an upper class twit by proclaiming "Oh I do deeply applogise"

RIGHT... Promised as from now on.... I will... Ahem.... Try to not post flatulence related comments.....

"Buuurrrrrrrpppppp"

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am an obsessive compulsive perfectionist at what I do. I try to do things right all the time or I am not satisfied with myself. It is only recently that I discovered that this is not normal and that I really do not have to be that way. But I cannot change it anymore, I am what I am.

I am a weird quirk

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I'm obsessive compulsive when it comes to my book/game collection.

It has to be in alphabetical order, and if I have more then one copy of the same franchise it has to be put in chronological order.

I also have a nasty habit of mentioning obscure pop culture references, which is probably why I'm still single. But when i'm not trying to woo women with my extensive knowledge of Star Wars, I'm swearing like a sailor on shore leave. I talk to my cats and my vegetable plants as well, and the funny thing is that the plants will listen to me but the cats won't.

edit on 10-12-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

my wife and i do that too.
we drop pop culture references and quote movies and music..

we can have an entire conversation in front of people and they will have no idea what we are talking about

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Bit of a checker myself... always lock the door, get in car, get out of car and check door is locked, sometimes a few times. Come home from work to see if oven is off. Ring friends when I am on holiday to go to mine to make sure oven is off.

Talk to myself a lot but most people do that.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i sit with my eyes closed. a lot.

if i talk on the phone, i prefer to close my eyes. its how i think.

I talk to myself constantly. verblizing makes recall and processing easier, i think.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I wake up 10 or 15 minutes before my clock alarm and it really pisses me off.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I am a lot like that, It annoys me when I find myself checking that the door I know is locked is in fact locked AGAIN.

I also find that when walking home am convinced that I can smell smoke and end up walking at near running pace to find out that yet again my house is not on fire.

After even a few days away from home the journey home is awfull as the dread at what may have happened is almost unbearable even though I know for a fact that nothing is wrong.

If I hear an ambulance I have to go outside to see the direction it is going and then calculate the likleyhood of it bieng for someone I know.

a reply to: and14263

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
When I get ready to pour a cup of coffee I always put cream and sugar in the cup first then the coffee.

This seems to irritate some folks. " Just got to put the cream and sugar in first don't cha."

I just smile and say "yep" and walk on.

I don't want to know or really care about their petty little irritations.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
The smoke thing! Oh God don't. I regularly get out of bed due to the smell of smoke - which only I can smell. Often it's from my top lip as I would have just had a cig.

Just been on a 2 day break and I was explaining to my Mrs how my phone was off so if the house had burned down from me leaving the cooker on we wouldn't know until we got home, the journey home seemed like ages.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Every 20 months or so, I bulk-order ~100 new, identical pairs of socks.
Then, I go through my entire house and cut every sock I own in half, lengthwise, and demote them to shop rags.
Fun fact- you can't order socks two years later that are the same as the ones you had ordered last time. They've all changed, slightly.

Then I wear a brand new pair of socks every day until I do laundry (about 30 days, to be honest) at which point I recirculate socks. As they get lost, misplaced, and worn out, I simply add more from the "new" stash until its depleted.
That puts me in a weird position (I happen to be in this place right now) where my sock supply is dwindling, forcing me to do laundry more frequently.

I will re-wear the same pants and over shirts a few times each, but I can't re-use underwear, under shirts, or socks until they've been washed.
Sometimes, I change my socks halfway through the day.

I own six identical pairs of brown pants- and I've one of them every day for the last five years to work. Nobody has said anything.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
OK time for another one...

Last year I got a hoodie as a gift from a friend ( one who can read this ) - it's not a typical hoodie. It's a piece of art, the way it hangs and fits me is so perfect that I have taken to keeping the hoodie in a fireproof safe.

That sounds less absurd when one realizes I own a half-wolf that eats everything, including clothing. But it's still pretty out there.

God I love that hoodie.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Just remembered another one people seem to think is strange.

I get used to a certain model of computer keyboard, and wind up putting that model keyboard on my workstations.
Currently I'm using the D-series dell keyboards, model SK-8115.

I had been getting these at work for a while, but my supply dried up (I actually go through a few keyboards a year, somehow, although I've not worked that out yet) and recently purchased a ten pack of that model off of ebay to keep on hand so I don't need to find a new model keyboard for a few more years.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dezertdog

i am overly methodical. example making a cup of tea takes me bout a half hour.

have the tea bag on the rim of the cup so only a small portion hangs out of the cup with the cord under the cup keeping the bag from falling into the cup. and the cup must be on a paper towel. once the waters boiled pour it directly onto the tea bag to get the most flavor out of it. then a spoonfull of raw honey and use the spoon to squeeze the tea bag against the cup a bit to push juices out. tea bag then goes in a holder to be reused once or twice more before thrown out. stir and enjoy.

everytime must do it same way or ill hate the drink even though i know it tastes fine otherways.

i am this if not more methodical in almost everything else i do. unless its something i really dont care about. this is why i am a horrible cook. takes me a half an hr atleast to make a single peanut butter jelly sandwhich. sure i get a great sandwhich but i hate how slow it is to have to do it JUST RIGHT!

people laugh at me sometimes if they see me doing something like making a sandwhich. but i would hate to eat their sandwhichs everyone else makes them lumpy lopsided and uneven.

on the plus side i think this has made me a better driver. able to understands the dynamics better. working with the vehicle as if one machine interfacing with another. actualy driving soothes me. i go driving mountainous roads sometimes just to relax.

i think this may be related to my extreme hate for automatic transmission. i prefer manual.
edit on 12/10/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

*strokes beard malevolently*

Indeed! For when my plans finally come to fruition you will all bow before my arts and crafts skills.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
These are things that guess I've always done, no idea when or why they started. The only reason I notice them it that my kids like to mess with me. The volume always has to be on an even number. When I fill my cup first thing in the morning I guess I make a mental note of what side I drink from, it must remain the same side all day. I'm unable to push snooze due to my clock having a 9 minute snooze....it's an odd number. That is just no way to start the day. I absolutely will not keep my hands or feet in the tub while taking a bath. When they must go into the water, they must be dried off immediately. The sheet on the bed must be evenly folded over the other blankets. I could go on.......but that's more than enough.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye
a reply to: dezertdog

i am overly methodical. example making a cup of tea takes me bout a half hour.

have the tea bag on the rim of the cup so only a small portion hangs out of the cup with the cord under the cup keeping the bag from falling into the cup. and the cup must be on a paper towel. once the waters boiled pour it directly onto the tea bag to get the most flavor out of it. then a spoonfull of raw honey and use the spoon to squeeze the tea bag against the cup a bit to push juices out. tea bag then goes in a holder to be reused once or twice more before thrown out. stir and enjoy.

everytime must do it same way or ill hate the drink even though i know it tastes fine otherways.

i am this if not more methodical in almost everything else i do. unless its something i really dont care about. this is why i am a horrible cook. takes me a half an hr atleast to make a single peanut butter jelly sandwhich. sure i get a great sandwhich but i hate how slow it is to have to do it JUST RIGHT!

people laugh at me sometimes if they see me doing something like making a sandwhich. but i would hate to eat their sandwhichs everyone else makes them lumpy lopsided and uneven.

on the plus side i think this has made me a better driver. able to understands the dynamics better. working with the vehicle as if one machine interfacing with another. actualy driving soothes me. i go driving mountainous roads sometimes just to relax.

i think this may be related to my extreme hate for automatic transmission. i prefer manual.

I admire your patient diligence.

My tendency is to rush every thing I do. I know why this is, it's called the Great American Work Ethic that was drilled into my head as a youth.

"You need to work hard to get by in this world and move up the ladder boy." A quote I often heard.

Five decades of being a wageslave has taught me I'd been a fool.

Hard work is not rewarded. It is used and abused.

edit on 12/10/2014 by dezertdog because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join