It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This tragedy has me mad at the world!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

Mom, 2 kids die in Md. home after plane crashes into it

GAITHERSBURG, Md. —A small private jet crashed into a house Monday in suburban Washington, killing at least six people, including three in the house it hit, authorities said.

It's just horrible.

I know tragedies happen all over the world, all of the time but....

I guess it's just that this poor mom and her precious children didn't even leave their house. They were going about their daily routine when, literally, fate rained down onto them from above.

One of the children was just six weeks old, the other just a toddler. Now a dad and five year old are left with their entire world turned on end.

This is the type of thing that makes me question, well....everything.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
It is horrible.
It serves to remind us of what we face every day. A wake up call of a sort.

This is the type of thing that makes me question, well....everything.

As you should.
But don't let it get you down thinking about it.
Let it be a reason to be thankful.
We still walk the Earth at this moment.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I really am trying.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Man... I need to get at least 2 cups of coffee in me before I tune in to ATS.

So so sad.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Sad faces.

That's heart breaking.

~Tenth
edit on 12/10/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
At a loss for words really nothing one can say will better this situation my prayers out to the father and son very tragic reality thats why i say enjoy every day no one knows when it will be there last...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Everybody dies. I personally think that would be one of the coolest ways to go. It would certainly beat being ravaged by cancer or being the victims of a home invasion.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It was truly a sad incident. It serves as a reminder that fate may strike at any moment. Unfortunately, fate struck the wrong people this time...an innocent family does not deserve such a premature and harsh fate.

May they rest in peace.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Bit of a tactless response imo.

Abit of empathy isn't a bad thing.

We all know everybody dies...
How many 6 week old little children die?

RIP.
edit on 10-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
i dont knoe kosmic man.
accidents happen every day
this is no worse than any of the other million of so people that died via accident that day

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

We all know everybody dies...
How many 6 week old little children die?

About 125,000 a day at the request of their own mothers.

According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day.

Linky

edit on 10-12-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

When I first heard about this ...I cried...I am in deep sorrow about it. My heart goes out to the Father/ husband and the brother.

Meanwhile (Kosmicjack) I send to you a...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Forgive I don't know what you mean by that.

Maybe you could elaborate or share a source for whatever it is you're getting at!

Edit: Oh you're referencing abortion stats...
Well I don't agree with abortion but I don't think any of that is relevant.

You knew what meant when I asked, and it wasn't that.
Nevermind.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That is indeed an upsetting event, but I suppose its a sobering reminder that literally anything can happen to any of us.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Thats why i tell my daughters how much i love them everyday, any minute could be your last one.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

FFS.

I'm against abortion, personally, but pro-choice as - God forbid - I'm ever in that situation, but... there is a time and a place for your political argument. Is this really it?

@ Grovit: I do get that people, including children, die horrible deaths everyday it just seems to me that the situation this mother and her children were in should have been relatively harmless and comfortable.

The random and capricious nature of their deaths is what is so jarring and a grave reminder that no one gets out of this world alive.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Thats why i tell my daughters how much i love them everyday, any minute could be your last one.

This is so important! My family and friends always say I love you and give hugs and a kiss.
None of us know when our last day here will be. Always treasure the people in your life and try to make the best of each day.

There are too many tragedies in the world and needless deaths. They can be overwhelming sometimes.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

FFS.

I'm against abortion, personally, but pro-choice as - God forbid - I'm ever in that situation, but... there is a time and a place for your political argument. Is this really it?

Political trolling certainly wasn't my intent, but its not every day that someone asks me how many 6 week old children die. You'll have to forgive me for seizing the opportunity to provide a witty answer.

What does FFS mean btw?

edit on 10-12-2014 by Bone75 because: typo

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The random and capricious nature of their deaths is what is so jarring and a grave reminder that no one gets out of this world alive.

Perhaps not alive in the sense of how we are now, but I think we go on to something different, something better. We are made of energy and energy does not die. There are too many compelling stories of a life after death. Think of the miracle of life itself. Why would we born just to one day stop existing? I know different people have different beliefs, but when you look around you at nature and the complexity and beauty of so many things...I think there is more to life and death than we can imagine.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Accidents like that freak me out too, especially as moms. We are naturally programmed to immediately identify threats all around our kids every minute of every day so when we see things no one can control it is upsetting and heartbreaking knowing sometimes we can't protect them.

But there's balance. For every horrific thing that happens there's lots of beautiful things that happen. When the uncontrollable happens seek them out to counter that visceral fear.

Good News of the Day

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join