It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional spending deal blocks pot legalization in D.C.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No profit for big pharmas in Portugal. Now there a country that we can hold as an example for the rest of the world.. Yeah right.

Emmigration is always an option.....

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

???

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

The feeling is mutual...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

You know, all the bulls### you've been force fed.

/interaction

Deuces

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Colorado is Giving $2 Million to a Private Prison Company for Nonexistent Inmates

When jurisdictions contract with a private prison corporation to run their correctional facilities, these governments must promise to keep the jail or prison population at a certain capacity. If the prison is not filled to the capacity for which the parties contracted, the government must pay the corporation as if those beds were filled.

This would seem to be counterintuitive for a society. Logic dictates that the state would want a lower crime rate but it also would not want to waste taxpayer money by paying for unused beds. Logic often does not have a place in billion dollar businesses. These private prison corporations claim to be cost savers for the state (a claim which is disputed). If there is no inmate that the prison has to provide the minimal care including food, medical care, and protection in the form of corrections officers, then the empty bed the state is paying for is pure profit.

If the trend of decriminalization continues and prisons end up having vastly decreased populations long-term, I could see this kind of program going away. If half of your customers simply vanish, your contract is going to get reworked eventually especially if it's coming out of public coffers.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
LOL wow.

Hey everyone get your wallet, pull a 100,20, or whatever out of it.

Take a lighter, and set on fire.

Because that is what your doing with OUR money spending it on pot.

They waste enough cash already.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

An you are missing the point. This isn't about your (or my) experience or feelings about weed. Personally I think all tobacco products should be illegal if you want to talk harmful/addictive. This is about voters having their say and politicians just flipping us the bird. Doesn't matter what the underlying issue is. The People went through due process, made a choice and Their choice was simply subverted --- while simultaneously giving themselves an early Christmas.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Ok. We're in the same ballpark, age wise.

Perhaps you haven't. I sure have. Included people who paid 30K to end their addiction to pot. Honest! No lie.

I will cede that street drugs are no where near as addictive as pain killers. Pain killers also being no where as addictive as psycho-tropics.

Let's toss in the doobies today are a lot more powerful than the Acapulco Gold days and I could get seriously FUBAR'd on that. Them mix it with booze....shudder at how far gone I was. LMAO.

I stand my ground on this. This society is better of drug free. Period.

Legalizing it, popularizing it will give us more problems than it solves. It'll be the big boys making the profit instead of cartels. Far tougher to get rid of in that scenario than it even is now.

Right now, people are being charged with child endangerment for NOT allowing the child to be proscribed with Ritalin . A category two amphetamine!

Envision the big pharma pumping out invented drugs.....

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Envision the big pharma pumping out invented drugs....

I am waiting for the day when monstano will be marketing their GMO weed.

And when politicians of a certain kind will deem it a human right, and created a bloated fraud ridden program passing it out for 'free'.

Glorious days await!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: the owlbear

and because its a federal district and not a state the vote was meaningless. Trying to bitch about a vote being ignored when people don't understand what a district is goes to the root of this issue.

So your argument is that in reality the citizens of DC are disenfranchised and all votes that they have ever or will ever have actually mean nothing?

Solid argument...you must be a proud American.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Legalizing it, popularizing it will give us more problems than it solves. It'll be the big boys making the profit instead of cartels. Far tougher to get rid of in that scenario than it even is now.

So its totaly fine then to contine to fill your prison up with people simply caught with pot?

AMERICA! LAND OF THE FREE! With the worlds highest prison population.....suckers

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I personally do not yse marijuanna, but if the people vote for something and it passes then the elected officials block said law. I think protests, rallies and voting these asshats out should be the prime objective. This country is going to hell in a hand basket. Government is getting to bold and they do not fear the people. Government should Fear the reaction of the voters.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Hey pal ,some of us have had our right to decent employment taken away from marijuana laws. Permanently.
The system is set up to create criminals, while the party paying the highest amount to the government gets to control our fates.

The public record system indirectly bars people from advancing their careers.This system stays posted even after you die.

You can be against chemical use, but try and grow a brain before you spout off about "pot heads" and their reasons for fighting for legalization. I can go to the corner and drink poison, or I can use MJ for relaxation with no known side effects. Gee, let me think, that's a tough one.

People like you are the reason the war on drugs is still happening. If you could see the bigger picture, which I'm surprised you can't, being involved in the rehab business, you would see that you can't legislate addiction away. You will only succeed at creating unemployable criminals. The answer is not criminalizing users, it is allowing them rehab and education. Drug and alcohol awareness at a younger age will help as well, not lying about facts that they will learn about later in life.

Maybe you could take a math class and see what happens when you take rights for someone, they are unable to eat or provide for themselves or family while the problem grows.

What do you think will happen? They will come and take from the people who can.

Don't even get me started on the medical properties of Mj and the intentional blocking of medical studies.

People spending 30k to quit? Please. I just quit a month ago because it's too expensive with the rising cost of living here.
There was no physical withdrawal.

Anyone for the continued destruction of lives through marijuana laws needs to re-read the Constitution. Then compare the drugs effects to the laws effects on the population. Not the propaganda written by those who profit.

If you still agree with the laws, I will personally buy you a ticket to Iran.

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Location error called out

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I live in DC and have now decided to stop paying taxes to these frauds. F*CK YOU CONGRESS!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Thank you for this thread. Brace yourself for the next two years. The republicans only govern with oppression and punishment.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

If you still agree with the laws, I will personally buy you a ticket to North Korea.

Bad example marijuana is legal in North Korea.

Maybe a ticket to Iran instead

edit on 10-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Didn't the petition signers and ballot drafters know this ahead of time?

Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I understand.

I don't disagree. That's the way the system is supposed to work.

My only point was as it's still 'illegal' federally, there is a reasonable explanation on why congress doesn't fund it. The local vote doesn't trump the federal law. That is also 'law'.

Same argument, that's the way the system is supposed to work.

If they're that hell bent in the District of Columbia to get funding to implement legalization of pot. Then they can raise their own monies for it. Donations. telethons....

edit on 10-12-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Scientific data? Bull!

Yes. Scientific data. I've posted plenty of it. It certainly doesn't trump your anecdotes.

I've worked in a drug rehab center and dealt with addicts, including pot. The scientific data is completely trumped by the fact it was available in pill form long before the legalization agenda got any traction.

Good. I'm glad you help people in need. That still doesn't mean we need to label these very same people criminals for indulging in those addictions. You should know firsthand how hard it is to resist that urge.

I prefer an environment drug free not spin from single issue self-indulging borderline addicts.

Well you desire a dreamland, because no such environment exists. Nor could it ever exist.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well said! Apparently, Monsanto has already patented a GMO altered pot....

Maybe those guys and the pharmas are the real powers behind the legalization movement....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join