It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election? We Don't Need to Honor Your Stinkin' Election!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have to wonder if those who placed this on the D.C. ballot even knew that something like this could happen?

Didn't those dunderheads read the thing to begin with?

The petition signers didn't think either.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

At least the Death Panel funding is cut !!!

The bill also would cut the budget of the Independent Payment Advisory Board -- what Republicans have called "the death panel" -- by $10 million.

I guess that thing does exist afterall

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Damn you for putting up a photo of her that actually looks cute. Palate cleanser:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I would have loved to NOT see foreign aid in there.

That was ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

They would have you believe that. We are in this mess because people do not vote. In the last election, the turnout was in the low 30's. Voting matters.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Don't worry everyone...the ignorant will still place their votes. I'm unsure how many threads I have stated that voting is a scam, but will say it again to spread awareness!

VOTING IS A SCAM!!!

The days of improving America are over. Now its all about how many beds these politicians can sleep in every night.
RIGHT ON! DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS BULLSH$T! YOU ARE EXACTLY RIGHT!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Damn you for putting up a photo of her that actually looks cute. Palate cleanser:

If you look carefully, she will shape shift into a parasitic reptilian right before your very eyes.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I won't fall for your propoganda. You can spare me the disinformation, because I Deny Ignorance!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You know we could start right here on ATS.

We could come up with a list, with some Mod's help that we all want, as independents, Left and right wingers.

Find the actual person that could run that is closest to that ideal and all of us... thousands of us get behind them with endless threads, blogs, social media tweets, facebook posts memes and get that person's name out there for election in 2 years.

We could do that!

But...what's stopping us?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Yes, it is so much better to stomp your feet and throw a temper tantrum. While something responsible like voting, is ignorant?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Not that I disagree with your position on voting but the entire point of this thread is that the people of D.C. --- an overwhelming 70% majority --- voted to legalize marijuana. And despite that vote the Feds (who happen to control DC's finances) simply did an end-around to prevent that vote from being enacted.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

But, it was an elected rep that put the rider on the bill according to the OP?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: jtma508

But, it was an elected rep that put the rider on the bill according to the OP?

DC voters didn't elect that Dick........

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
At this point a solution will only be presented when each and EVERY member of Congress R and D alike are hanging by the neck from DC lamp posts.

They openly betray the American citizens. While literally and openly taking bribe money to fight against the citizens on behalf of corporations.

How in the # is any of this # legal? The fact that 'lobbying' aka legalized bribing exists anywhere within our system of government means we have long ago failed.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Federal funding isn't needed to implement D.C.'s law.

They have already collected several hundred thousand dollars from taxes on the original ($600,000) sale a few weeks ago.

No state with "legalized" or "decriminalized" mariujanahahaha can or does use any federal funding for the program, it is still federally illegal until it is moved from schedule I classification, which it should be, as the vast number of physicians believe it does have medicinal properties and to be classified as a schedule I drug it must be "widely believed to hold no medicinal value".

ETA: I just found out that a rider was attached to the bill to re-criminalize the plant against the wishes of the voters.
If you want to do drugs in D.C. I guess you need to run for mayor.
edit on 10-12-2014 by abe froman because: Marion Barry Sotoro

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Don't worry everyone...the ignorant will still place their votes. I'm unsure how many threads I have stated that voting is a scam, but will say it again to spread awareness!

VOTING IS A SCAM!!!

The days of improving America are over. Now its all about how many beds these politicians can sleep in every night.

If voting were a scam then we wouldn't be having this discussion, the results simply would've been rigged to reflect that the voters decided against it.

The problem isn't voting, the problem is politicians not doing their job and executing the will of the people.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

They would have you believe that. We are in this mess because people do not vote. In the last election, the turnout was in the low 30's. Voting matters.

The people DID vote. Overwhelmingly in favor of it.

Congress, who is charged with running DC, elected to "defund" decrminilization efforts. Why?

My question is: how much does it cost to stop arresting people? To enact the law....wouldn't that just basically be to stop arresting/ticketing people for it?

I don't get how you can defund a lack of action. "You can't leave the lights off, because I won't pay the bill!!!"

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Although I am not certain if this has been stated or not, unfortunately, DC is not as it is believed to be. The District of Columbia is not a state. It is a District. Honestly, I'm rather surprised it has elections at all. When I lived in the area for 25 years, often people would move to DC and then complain about the situation there and that they have "no rights" as a true state does.

All this being said, would you move to the 18th hole of a golf course and not expect to find a plethora of golf balls in your yard?

I'm not saying that this turn of events is right, I'm pointing out that as I said I am surprised anyone else is surprised.

- NF

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

They have already collected several hundred thousand dollars from taxes on the original ($600,000) sale a few weeks ago.

That happened in Washington state not Washington DC. In case you didn't know it's legal in that state also they voted for it to be legal when Colorado did.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So a congressman in Maryland, a republican, can override the voters in D.C.? Ok, but why would he choose to do that without remorse for the voters? I think I found my answer with a quote from him:

"Maryland’s only House Republican also said he had no qualms about interfering with the results of the Nov. 4 election. On that day, voters in Alaska, the District and Oregon chose to legalize marijuana, but only the District’s vote was subject to oversight by Congress.

“The fact is the Constitution gives Congress the ultimate oversight about what happens in the federal district,” Harris said."

Arrogant, power crazy, Nazi's.

Source www.washingtonpost.com... cf08410beb_story.html

Can't get source to work. Will try again.
edit on 10-12-2014 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join